MeMail - email yourself fast!
By Day One Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
### Featured in TED Blog: “25+ apps to make your everyday life easier” (2014-09) ###
Capture a thought, to-do, or scrap of information, FAST!
MeMail does one thing exceptionally well: send quick emails to a pre-set address. Email yourself reminders or notes? Just launch, type, and send — that's it! No fishing around for the right contact. Simply set your address the first time you open the app and you’re good to go.
• Email messages are sent from your own account — they come from *you*, not a third party.
• Full subject-line control: Enable "AutoSubject" to add the first few words of your message to the subject line, or just use a custom prefix like "[MeMail]" so your messages stand out in your Inbox. You can use or both, or neither — or even change the subject manually before the message goes out — it’s up to you!
• Optional Subject Suffix setting
• Optional Cc: address setting
• Supports TextExpander 3.0.5 snippet expansion, including fill-in forms
• Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
• One-Tap Send: Enter the settings for the mail account of your choice if you’d like to bypass the standard message screen and make MeMail even faster.
• MeMail is great for sending emails to yourself, but many find it invaluable for other uses. Set your significant other for quick "ETA" messages, use an Omni Mail Drop address and have your messages appear automatically as tasks in OmniFocus — if you can do it with email, you can do it faster with MeMail.
What's New in Version 2.0
NEW: One-Tap Send!
This is the update MeMailers have been waiting for: you now have the option to send with one tap! Enter the SMTP information for the account of your choice if you’d like to bypass the standard message screen and make MeMail even faster.
- Many small fixes and optimizations
- Built-in help & FAQs
- Updated TextExpander touch engine (v3.0.5)
Sous exactly what it says!
My only request is to darken the background for night use age. Thanks!
The best and almost complete….
Looks like I’m the first to review the new 2.0 (May 2015) version. Here goes:
* I checked out most similar apps. This seems to be the best-featured and most actively supported one for the iPhone. If you manage your activity with email, this is the app to have.
* It does almost everything you’d want such an app to do, including voice input (which I like) and cc. sending. The UI is attractive and the generally dark appearance makes it good for after bedtime notes.
* It’s quick and efficient, precisely what such an app should be. Tap on the icon and the app opens, ready for your note. Tap twice to send that message. Activate the one button send, which requires an external mail server, and sending only takes one tap. It could hardly be easier, particularly with speech input.
* iPad ready? Maybe or maybe not. The app store claims it runs on iPads and the developer says it runs with an iPhone-like UI. That may be true in some cases, but the app doesn’t even appear in the app install list for my iPad 3 with the latest iOS. The good news is that the developer is promising iPad support in a free upgrade soon.
* That “swoosh.” The swoosh sound when an email sends is a nice touch, but I couldn’t find a way to disable it. In some situations (i.e. during business meetings or college classes) the sound could be distracting. A way to turn it off would be handy.
* Almost dark enough. Most of my ideas come in the night and I like the attractive dark UI, since it doesn’t strain my dark-adapted eyes. Unfortunately, the text area is still white with black letters. A night option that’s dark with white letters would be handy. Please make the formatted email screen dark too.
* A spouse or colleague option. Yes, I know that this app is for sending a quick note to yourself. But its value would be greatly increased with almost no increase in complexity with two send-to options. One would be to one’s self. The other would be to that someone most commonly emailed, typically a spouse or business colleague. It wouldn’t have to mean another step, just tapping one of two send buttons. The UI could even stay the same until a second send-to option is setup.
I give it five-stars because it does everything I need with style. Those who need to use it during conferences or class might rate it four stars due to that swoosh. And if you’re buying it to use on an iPad, you might want to wait until you can be sure it’ll install on your particular iPad.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 01, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Day One Design
- © 2010-2015 Day One Design
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.