MeMail - email yourself fast!
By Day One Design
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
### Featured in TED Blog: “25+ apps to make your everyday life easier” (2014-09) ###
Capture a thought, to-do, or scrap of information, FAST!
MeMail does one thing exceptionally well: send quick emails to a pre-set address. Email yourself reminders or notes? Just launch, type, and send — that's it! No fishing around for the right contact. Simply set your address the first time you open the app and you’re good to go.
• Email messages are sent from your own account — they come from *you*, not a third party.
• Full subject-line control: Enable "AutoSubject" to add the first few words of your message to the subject line, or just use a custom prefix like "[MeMail]" so your messages stand out in your Inbox. You can use or both, or neither — or even change the subject manually before the message goes out — it’s up to you!
• Optional Subject Suffix setting
• Optional Cc: address setting
• Supports TextExpander 3.5.4 snippet expansion, including fill-in forms
• Optimized for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
• One-Tap Send: Enter the settings for the mail account of your choice if you’d like to bypass the standard message screen and make MeMail even faster.
• MeMail is great for sending emails to yourself, but many find it invaluable for other uses. Set your significant other for quick "ETA" messages, use an Omni Mail Drop address and have your messages appear automatically as tasks in OmniFocus — if you can do it with email, you can do it faster with MeMail.
What's New in Version 2.1
- Improved iOS9 support
- NEW: Added setting to disable “Mail Sent” sound on one-tap send
- Updated TextExpander touch engine (3.5.4)
- Various small fixes and optimizations
iPads & swooshes
Here’s my look at the new 2.1 version (October 2015)
* I checked out most similar apps. This seems to be the best-featured and most actively supported one for the iPhone. If you manage your life with email to yourself or have one other person you email a lot, this is the app to have.
* It does almost everything you’d want such an app to do, including voice input (which I like) and cc. sending. The UI is attractive and the generally dark appearance makes it good for after-bedtime notes.
* It’s quick and efficient, precisely what such an app should be. Tap on the icon and the app opens, ready for your note. Tap twice to send that message. Activate the one-button send, which requires an external mail server, and sending only takes one tap. It could hardly be easier. With added TextExpander support, you can even create a set of quick-to-enter standard messages such as: LTO entering: “Leaving the office honey. Home in 15 minutes."
ISSUES AND FIXES:
* iPad ready? It is but you may think not since the app may not show up in your list of iPad apps. The fix lies in the Sort pull down menu in the upper left of those iPad apps listings. Change it from Show Only iPad Apps to Show All Apps. Then it appears, installs and works fine. It just looks really big on an iPad screen.
* The swoosh sound when an email sends is a nice touch, but I originally couldn’t find any way to disable it. In some situations (i.e. during business meetings or college classes) the sound could be distracting. Now I know it can be done. Here is how.
For one-touch send, the developer has added silencing the swoosh as a feature. For two-touch sending, the offending app isn’t MeMail, it’s Apple’s Mail app. To turn that off, start the Settings app and go to Sounds-Sent Mail and change the sound to none at the top of the list of sounds.
I give it five-stars because it does everything I need with style. Those who need to use it during conferences or class should turn off that default swoosh, so you don’t get nasty looks.