By The Omni Group
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
OmniFocus is designed to quickly capture your thoughts and allow you to store, manage, and process them into actionable to-do items. Perfect for the Getting Things Done® system, but flexible enough for any task management style, OmniFocus helps you work smarter by giving you powerful tools for staying on top of all the things you need to do. Also available for iPad and iPhone.
• Use OmniFocus to keep your goals and tasks, both personal and professional, in one ordered, easy to access system that you can depend on.
• Capture all your miscellaneous to-dos on the fly with the quick entry panel and store items in your inbox until you're ready to process and organize them.
• Use the powerful contexts feature in OmniFocus to categorize actions by work mode.
• Transform all your tasks into actionable next steps by assigning them to projects and contexts.
• Create start and due dates, time estimates, and task recurrence schedules, and let OmniFocus do the work of remembering everything that’s on your plate.
• OmniFocus synchronizes your task database through the cloud, so that all of your Macs, your iPhone/iPod touch, and your iPad are up-to-date.
• Filter and sort actions with the click of a button.
• OmniFocus is also available for iPad and iPhone/iPod touch.
For more information, please watch the video on our website.
If you have any feedback or questions, we'd love to hear from you! The Omni Group offers free tech support: you can reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 1-800-315-6664 or +1-206-523-4152, or on twitter at @omnifocus.
What's New in Version 1.10.6
OmniFocus 1.10.6 for Mac is a minor update which fixes a couple of compatibility issues with recent OS releases
• OmniFocus opts in to automatic graphics switching, significantly reducing the likelihood that OmniFocus will appear in the list of applications using significant energy on Mavericks.
• Fixed a problem which caused OmniFocus to report that a file “could not be handled because OmniFocus cannot open files in the ‘Document’ format” rather than creating the default database for some users on OS X 10.8.5 or Mavericks.
Great GTD Investment, Let there be Light!
I manage a sales territory and have tried quite a few other apps/systems and always found that I ended getting bogged down by the process. After a ton of effort I would scan the mountain of to do’s and end up feeling overwhelmed. Things that the “system” should have helped me with in the first place. As I look at the context feature and ability of this program to show what that next step is irregardless of what project it is I realize why I have not had previous success. The folks at Omnigroup have essentially created a "get things done roadmap (GTD)" that allows you to set yourself up for success now and in the future.
Your boss hands you a wonderful urgent/past due project that has been in pending status for two months at 7:58am on a Monday -Got it.
You have an event coming up and the circulating items in your head are giving you a migraine, blurry vision, and that I ate too much ice cream brain freeze. --Were good.
You walk into a room and have the “what did I come in here for?" moment. -Might help, give it time.
Yep it’s pricey at $99, but value and price here are aligned. You will be organized, you will get things done, You won’t feel crazed. Well Worth it!
OmniFocus changed my life
I tried five other "to-do" apps, but none of them worked the way I wanted. Finally I said, "O.K., lets see why these guys think their app is worth an arm and a leg," and I started watching the tutorial videos on their web site. Then I bought licenses for my Mac, my iPad and my phone. I've been living with OmniFocus for four months now.
Thanks to its combination of features and flexibility, I spend a lot of time in OmniFocus, and it isn't wasted time. As my priorities change from day to day, I flag and sort "to-do" items and flip back-and-forth between different "views." Items with dates are added to my calendar, and I periodically review longer-term objectives that I've "captured" even through they aren't part of my daily "focus."
If you've tried several other to-do apps, and you're not happy with them, then OmniFocus is the app you are looking for.
MOST COMPLICATED APP EVER
What a mess! Instructions for synching a computer with an iPad are hopelessly confusing. This should be a simple process requiring one or two simple clicks. What are the developers thinking making this so hard.
The apps cost a great deal—more than most—and give little for the money.
And be warned, if you ever have to do a restore of any of your devices, any data will be lost for good, unlike with many other apps.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 12, 2013
- Version: 1.10.6
- Size: 19.3 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: The Omni Group
- © 2007-2012 The Omni Group
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later