The HVAC ASHRAE Duct Fitting Database (DFDB) for the iPhone and iPad is now a universal app. This means that it works on both the iPhone and iPad and adjusts its screen accordingly. THIS APP IS ALSO COMPATIBLE WITH THE LATEST VERSIONS OF IPHONE AND IPAD (and iOS).
The DFDB app allows you to perform pressure loss calculations for all 240+ ASHRAE duct fittings in both IP and SI units. Features include dynamic illustrations of each design, and the ability to share reports and spreadsheets through email.
This app is based upon the popular ASHRAE Duct Fitting Database desktop application. The advantages of this mobile app are that you can easily use it out in the field to do quick duct pressure loss calculations, the inputs can be adjusted by touch, and installation is automatic.
The following is a partial list of features:
1. You can create individual projects, each with unique input values and results.
2. Each fitting has its own custom set of input parameters and results.
3. You can easily change the minimum and maximum allowable values for all input parameters.
4. It includes a useful search feature that allows you to type in a partial or full fitting code name to quickly retrieve it.
5. It allows you to display and email two types of reports. The app reports also include a spreadsheet attachment that you can open on your desktop computer to do further analysis.
6. The app displays inputs and results in both IP and SI units.
7. Works on both the iPhone and iPad and adjusts its user interface according to the proper size screen.
The ASHRAE Duct Fitting Database application was designed by Carmel Software Corporation exclusively for ASHRAE.
This is the biggest update to the ASHRAE Duct Fitting Database app in years! It includes all of the latest updates that have been incorporated into the desktop version over the past 8 years. It includes loads of new fittings (30+), updates to existing fitting calcs, updated reports, and many other new features.
Ratings and Reviews
Useful app with lots of data
This is a very useful app with lots of coefficient data for almost all of the ASHRAE fittings (230+). I noticed that a couple are missing, but I did talk w/Carmel and they are releasing an update in January 2012 that will include all the remaining fittings, including the ED5's and more.
I love that I can email the fitting data with picture. Very handy. Look forward to the newest update soon.
I've been using the DFDB desktop app for years and it's been a great tool. Now, this DFDB mobile app allows me to do quick fitting pressure loss calcs out in the field, and then email the results back to the office for further analysis. It's amazing that the entire database of 200 or so fittings is in this little app.
Very useful out in the field
This is a super powerful app to use out in the field to quickly calculate fitting pressure losses. I like the fact that I can email the outputs back to my office, too. The search function is also really useful so I don't have to drill down to find the fitting I want.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.