Paprika Recipe Manager for iPhone - Get your recipes organized!
By Hindsight Labs LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Delightfully simple recipe management for everyone: from aspiring cooks to professional chefs. With web importing, grocery lists and meal planning, Paprika is the perfect kitchen companion. If you love to cook, Paprika will be most useful app you've ever downloaded!
Use Paprika Cloud Sync to wirelessly sync between your devices and take your recipes with you everywhere you go! (Please note: the apps are sold separately, and the cloud sync service is free.)
• Create and modify your own recipes on any device.
• Automatically download recipes from hundreds of websites with a single tap.
• Integrated browser clipboard tools help you clip recipe information from any website.
• Smart recipe view: cross off ingredients when you're done with them, highlight your current step, and keep the screen on while you are cooking.
• Tools to help you cook: start multiple timers, pin active recipes to easily switch between them, and scale ingredients to your desired serving size.
• Timers are automatically detected in your directions: simply tap on one to start!
• Store nutritional information (automatically saved from sites which provide it) and personalized notes for each recipe.
• Find your recipes in a flash with our powerful subcategory organization and advanced search tools which let you search by name, ingredient or source.
• Intelligent grocery list automatically combines your ingredients and sorts them by aisle.
• Use the pantry to keep track of what ingredients you already have.
• Save time and money by planning your meals by the week and month! Create reusable menus from your favorite meals.
• Print and email support for recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans. Support for multiple recipe print sizes including index cards.
• Share recipes via AirDrop or email (that other Paprika users can automatically import).
• Import existing recipes from popular desktop apps such as MacGourmet, YummySoup!, MasterCook & Living Cookbook.
• Export your meal plans to iCal and your grocery lists to Reminders.
• Manual backup and restore keeps your recipe collection safe.
• Offline access. All of your data is stored locally, no internet connection is required to view your recipes.
• Paprika Cloud Sync. Keep your recipes, grocery lists, and meal plans seamlessly synced between all your devices!
• Bookmarklet. Capture recipes from your web browser straight into your Paprika Cloud Sync account.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- By popular demand, we have added back the Most Recent and Top Rated categories.
- You can directly tap on uncategorized recipes to categorize from the main list again.
- Added an external setting that lets you take a backup when launching the app.
- Fixed a few state restoration related bugs.
- Fixed a few issues that could cause authentication errors during syncing.
Best app for organizing recipes
This is not an app that features a bunch of recipes. Rather it's an app to help you organize the recipes that you already have. I've been searching forever to find an app like this. I always remember when I'm at the store that I have to bring an appetizer to a party or cookies for a bake sale and I can never remember exactly what ingredients I need. Paprika is the answer! Not only can I store all my recipes, but I can organize them into my own custom categories. This is something that all the other apps can't do.
Adding recipes is super easy. All my favorite recipe sites are supported (Pioneer Woman, Paleomg, allrecipes) so that I just have to click one button and everything is properly copied and formatted, including the picture. It's so great! If I want to add my own recipes by hand it's pretty straightforward and easy.
The grocery list feature works really well and is easy to customize. I also like the internal pre-set timers that are super easy to use. And it's also super easy to double or triple a recipe (or make it smaller).
Initially I balked at paying $5 for an app, and then another $5 for the iPad app. But I find myself using these apps every day and they are wonderful! Easy to use, easy to navigate! Maybe one day I'll cough up the money for the computer app but I'm not there yet!
Great App! Amazing support! Best recipe manager ever!!!
Great recipe organizer for people who like to control their own recipes. It has cloud synching via a “Paprika account” and not iCloud. At first I was disappointed in this, but one benefit of creating a new cloud synching account is that my wife and I can share our recipes and grocery lists.
My favorite features:
- cloud synching (though you need Paprika account and not iCloud)
- easy recipe importing
- scaling recipes
- grocery list synched across all your devices
And, to top it off, the support they offer is AMAZING. I submitted a bug request and a feature enhancement at the same time. 15 minutes later, I got an email saying they had reproduced the bug. Another 30 minutes later, they had fixed the problem and told me they would roll out the fix soon. And, to top things off, they even said they would add my feature request as well!
Adding Ingredients is not difficult
I just now tried Paprika and found that adding the ingredients list is not as difficult as one recent reviewer indicated. Rather than typing them in I found that I could copy the ingredient list from an existing electronic source (e.g. a web page) and paste them into the ingredients field. It appears that as long as the list is in the standard format of Qty then Volume then Ingredient, Paprika will parse those values from the list correctly. I believe this is the case because after entering the text and saving the recipe I was able to use the scale button to increase or decrease quantity of ingredients accurately to accommodate more or fewer servings.
I like the fact that the recipes can easily be backed up and restored from iTunes.
My only wish list item is for a companion software version for PC's. There is one for Macs but not PC's.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Dec 05, 2013
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Hindsight Labs LLC
- © 2013 Hindsight Labs LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.