SomnoPose - Sleep Position Monitor
By Proximal Box Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Body position can be important to sleeping well, especially if you snore, or if some positions tend to give you back or neck pain. The SomnoPose sleep position monitor can help you manage your sleep position.
SomnoPose is designed to run all night, while you wear your iPhone or iPod touch. It continually monitors the device's orientation, and provides an all-night chart of sleep position, along with a summary that shows how much time you've spent lying on your back and on each side.
WHAT IT DOES:
- Continually monitors accelerometer data to determine your body position.
- Shows how much time you've spent on your back and on each side.
- Provides charts showing position data for entire nights.
- Optional alarm can awaken you when you're on your back.
- Shows built-in help content.
WHAT IT DOESN'T DO:
- Does not transfer data from your device unless you explicitly send it in email. You control where your data goes.
- Does not need a network connection (unless you send email from it)
- Does not have in-app advertising.
- Scrolling chart on the main screen shows real-time position data.
- Screens have dark backgrounds, suitable for use in low-light conditions.
- Alarm volume can increase gradually to avoid jarring users (or partners).
- Audio from another app can be played in the background.
- Chart images can be saved as photos or sent in email.
- Collected position data can be sent in email (as a CSV attachment).
- Alarm and statistics are automatically paused while you sit up or stand up.
- The angles for determining body positions are adjustable.
- Controls can be "shielded" to prevent accidental changes.
* To use SomnoPose to monitor your sleep position, you will need to wear your iPhone or iPod touch in a stable, forward-facing position while you sleep. The internal help and the SomnoPose website help pages describe several ways of wearing your device.
* SomnoPose is not intended to diagnose or treat any disease. Its purpose is to monitor and record information about body position.
What's New in Version 1.3.3
- Modifies the proximity-sensor screen shutoff feature to work in iOS 7
- Fixes a problem that could sometimes cause the displayed "Statistics since" date and time to be off by about 13 years