DVD Profiler for iOS
By Invelos Software, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whether you're a current user of DVD Profiler for Windows or not, DVD Profiler for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad will help you take control of your DVD and Blu-ray addictions!
★★★★★ "Blows every other film catalog app out of the water. Nearly perfect from the start." Mark Cruickshank
★★★★★ "Absolutely Awesome!! A got to have.... This app for me was worth the wait." nonenow
★★★★★ "It rocks! Can you imagine something this nice in a 1.0 release? We've waited a long time for it and from my reviewing, looks and feels outstanding! I hope it gets a spotlight by Apple soon!" Geezer63
★★★★★ "All I can say is that it far exceeded my expectations and in my opinion is the ONLY way to manage your disc collection no matter how large or small. If you want the best cataloging program look no further than this one." Tom
★★★★★ "Buy this now! Amazing! Blows all the competition away. This is a must have app if you collect movies. Really shows off what the iPhone can do." Cary_B
This universal app is a one-time purchase and will run on your iPhone (including Retina display support), iPod Touch and iPad (with a native iPad interface) - any or all.
DVD Profiler's unique combination of integrated application and custom online data access sets it apart from competing alternatives.
With an enormous community of dedicated users worldwide, DVD Profiler's database is refined daily to provide detailed data for all your favorite (and not so favorite) movies.
Our huge library of informational profiles for DVDs and Blu-rays (over 500,000 and counting) ensures you'll always have the scoop on new releases and the details of your collection on the go.
If you have DVD Profiler for Windows, you can sync your collection to your iOS device over a local Wi-fi connection.
DVD Profiler for iOS now includes free online storage of your collection via our DVD Profiler Online feature - share your collection between iOS devices, or with a PC.
New to DVD Profiler? No problem! Although the mobile and desktop apps work well together, the desktop app is not required. You can get started tracking your collection right on your iOS device.
- Add to your collection by search, by UPC (barcode scanning supported), or by browsing new and upcoming releases.
- Keep track of your Wish List, Ordered, and Owned categories. Premium users of the desktop app can also create custom categories.
- Monitor and update loans and viewings. Find out who has what with three taps.
- Browse your collection by Genres, Media Types, Year, Rating, Country, etc.
- Create and refine custom searches to find just the right DVD to watch.
- View detailed data on each disc - full cover images, full cast and crew, ratings, genres, audio tracks and subtitles, etc.
- Delve into your collection by Cast and Crew, branching your search by filmography.
- View trailers and browse reviews right from the app.
- Set and browse reviews for each entry, and browse reviews submitted by other DVD Profiler users.
For users of our desktop app:
- Make changes on your desktop app, your mobile app, or both - the changes are merged seamlessly when you connect.
- Command and control your PC version of DVD Profiler from your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad - play trailers and view fullscreen covers on your PC with a few taps on your mobile device. **
- Remotely print charts from your mobile device.
- Remotely print a custom DVD Profiler collection report - hundreds are available for free download from invelos.com, or create your own. **
** Note: Some remote control features (e.g. report printing and desktop trailer play) require a paid registration for DVD Profiler on your PC.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
New in 2.0.2:
- Added option to use alternate barcode scanner which works better for devices without autofocus cameras
- Stability fixes and other improvements
And much more new in 2.0:
NEW DEVICE SUPPORT - Support added for iOS 6, the iPhone 5, as well as full retina support
BRAND NEW "SHOWCASE" VIEW - The "Showcase" interface is available on iPads with iOS 6 and up
- High performance, smooth fullscreen browsing through cover images
- Multiple image sizes and configurable backgrounds
- View with sections, or as one big picture array
- Jump directly to sections, depending on sort order
- Tap for a beautiful quick summary, trailers, etc.
- Multi-select for quick editing of tags or for batch moves
DVD PROFILER ONLINE - Now includes FREE LIFETIME storage of your collection via our DVD Profiler Online feature - upload and download your collection at will, and easily sync via DVD Profiler online between PC and iOS, or between iOS devices (no PC required)
FILTER SETS - Save and load your favorite filter combinations for quick perusing. We've also added several powerful filters, including Genre, Rating, Edition, and more
TAGS - Support added for browsing and filtering by Tags (any selected, all selected, or none of selected), and for setting tags created in DVD Profiler for Windows. Multi-select in the new showcase view for super-fast whole-collection categorizing
PROFILE LINKS - Quick access to our extensive library of user-contributed links - trailers, reviews, wikis, official sites, parental guides and much much more. Also, if you use DVD Profiler for Windows, links added via the My Links feature are now browsable on your iOS device
✯ And many more fixes, updates, and stability improvements
A must have for the serious film people
This app saved me an unbelievable amount if time. I have been for years wanting to catalog a list of my movies in case of an emergency. I have tried other programs and the sheer amount of time it takes was overbearing and daunting. Then I found this app. I was able to scan my entire collection in mere days. Now I have what I wanted in a fraction of the time. The scanner worked 98% of the time for me and I have almost no complaints. The only reason I did not rate five stars was because there is no option to see related titles in series. As a big horror fan with many sequels this would be an awesome feature to see added. If they could make this appear the same way the banner does when you own a similar title than this app will be the be-all-end-all for serious movie collectors!
First let me say that I have used the PC version of this program for 10 years and have been somewhat patiently waiting for this app to finally make it's way to my iPad. All I can say is that it far exceeded my expectations and in my opinion is the ONLY way to manage your disc collection no matter how large or small. If you want the best cataloging program look no further than this one. Whether standalone or in conjunction with the desktop program this is a real winner.
Update: Well Invelos has made an already great app even more spectacular. The new showcase view on my iPad 3 (IOS 6) is amazing. Apple can count on me to own an iPad for the rest of my life just so I can use this app.
I had the PC version for years, even had the Windows Mobile version. Love it. In fact, I wouldn't upgrade to an iPhone until the app was available.
I can't express how many times it has saved me money. I'll see a great older movie in the "bin" at the store for $5 and in the cart it went. Got several duplicates that way. "Gee that movie is great!" (Apparently I though that the last time as well!!) now I just check with my phone first.
It has already saved me far more than it costs. How many apps can claim that?
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 08, 2013
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 6.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Invelos Software, Inc.
- © 2010, Invelos Software, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.