DAILY for Craigslist (Universal Version)
By Lifelike Apps, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**Officially licensed Craigslist app**
Daily, Universal Edition: Bring Craigslist to your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch! This paid version includes unlimited favorites and saved searches and is ad-free!
***** 5/5 - MACLIFE compares various Craigslist apps and concludes "This one is no contest. Not even close. Craigslist by Lifelike Apps blows the competition out of the water with a low cost, universal app that is just drop dead gorgeous and easy to use, with features we love and an implementation second to none. We adore the app's retro throwback design plus the ability to cross things off and circle ads we like..."
***** 5/5 - MakeUseOf.com compares several Craigslist apps and declares "Craigslist by Lifelike Apps is hands-down the best looking of the bunch, its iBooks-esque approach and newspaper design is eye catching and pleasant to read."
Craigslist turns your device into a realistic newspaper classifieds section: It combines the enjoyable experience of reading a real newspaper with the convenience of your device's menus, filters, personalization, etc. The screenshots below speak for themselves.
- Works on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
- Automatically sync your favourites and saved searches between devices using iCloud
- Post to Craigslist directly from the app
- Use your iPhone or iPad 2 camera to add photos to your postings or add photos from your photo library
- Manage your Craigslist ads - Even use multiple Craigslist accounts
BEAUTIFUL AND FUN TO USE:
- Realistic newspaper rendition of Craigslist's full content
- The new iPhone user interface takes advantage of the iPhone 4 Retina display
- Looks great in both landscape and portrait modes
- Smart display feature reformats listings to be more readable and consistent looking
SMART LOCATION FEATURE:
- It locates you automatically and displays all the Craigslist categories available for your location.
- You can also set your location manually as well as view and save other Craigslist locations.
SMART SEARCH AND FILTERING:
- Save your frequent searches and recall them with one tap
- Search multiple location at once
EASY-TO-USE FAVORITES FEATURE:
- Easily add any listing to your favorites by just circling an ad with your finger
- View all your favorites at any time
HANDY TOOLS & MULTI-TOUCH GESTURES:
- Cross-off unwanted ads with a Z finger gesture
- View the location of any posting on a map
- Easily reply to any Craigslist ad without leaving the app
- Forward interesting ads to your friends
- Tap any image in a listing to view all the listing's images in gallery view
- Pinch-and-zoom interface to zoom listing details in and out
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU:
- We've already added ALL the features you requested to date in this latest version. Have more ideas on how to make this app even better? Please email us using the contact email.
What's New in Version 188.8.131.52
* Notifications feature improved
* Ability to hide and expand ad sections in the list view
* Added a plain circle activity indicator, as an alternative to the peace sign
* Fonts icon removed, enabled system wide Dynamic Type (font size is adjusted from device settings now)
* In iPad version you can now enable showing the list of saved searches directly on the home screen
* 'Make' filter in cars and trucks category improved
* Sign out option added
* Sign in using TouchID authentication
* Numerous stability and cosmetic improvements
Awsome, couple bugs annoying
Edit: added bug list after using for a couple months. Annoying enough to drop 2 stars and look for better CL app... But still good and better than others I have tried so far.
I love buying and selling online. Craigslist Daily app is wonderful for this. I keep tons of favorites for things I like but won't buy. Saved searches and notifications are wonderful, especially with notification frequency setting. Advanced search such as -<term> is super useful.
I used Craigslist app by Escargot but like Craigslist Daily better.
TIP: enter your city and a price range to see everything in your neighborhood.
BUGS: (fix the ase first please)
- iPhone6+ screen orientation change does not work
- iPhone6+ sometimes only uses top half of screen. Workaround: return to iOS home screen, tilt to change orientation, then re-enter Craigslist daily. Sometimes have to kill app to reset orientation.
- circling ad is finicky. More often it opens ad instead of circling.
* filter by new/repost.
* sort by first posted date.
* checkbox/select showing dealer, private, or both
For a seller, Craigslist needs to streamline this sector.
1.) Ads are only good for 30 days before the seller can no longer renew the post. The seller then needs to create a whole new ad for the same item.
2.) As a Seller, I receive more spam than legit interested buyers.
3.) A seller can only create one ad at a time to be posted to one area within a state. Craigslist should make it easier by checking the areas the seller wants the ad to appear. This will eliminate the seller from having to create multiple listing which can take a lot of time.
4.) Adding pictures is an extremely slow and time consuming process. The seller has to add one picture to the post at a time. Again taking a lot of time. Craig lists needs to add a way to add multiple pictures at a time.
Craigslist is ok but needs a lot more work and security.
Missing basic functionality
My biggest problem with this app is that saved searches do not include the location searched. For some saved searches I want to search a larger area, others just my local area. I have to constantly manually switch back-and-forth with this app to remove all the stuff I don't want with different searches. Also the function to cross things off is very temperamental and clunky. Needs more work.
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 08, 2015
- Version: 184.108.40.206
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Lifelike Apps, Inc
- © Lifelike Apps, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.