Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
What's New in Version 2.0.6
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Perfect For Disabled Pros!
I thought I'd NEVER be able to record and engineer my music to a permanent format until I found this! And to have found it for free while subsisting on a disability income, I have lost all feelings of sadness and depression now that I know that I can return to one thing that gave me joy in life is a gift from heaven! XXXX Sure, I WOULD like to have a brass and woodwind section, but the learning curve is enough to keep me busy enough until one is either released or found on a third-party app. XXXX I've been so disappointed by the bulk of "Apple-made" apps, (while the late Mr. Jobs made a way to keep his hands in our pockets past his own demise has often made me very angry - because of the need for Siri), I find it so much more irritating that we have to TYPE IN our password just to leave a review is one of the most ridiculous things I can imagine (for those of us who do NOT have app contracts anyway), but the the fact that they got this ONE thing SO right - and so FREE - is music to my ears and a joy to my heart that I doubt that I'll ever be able to express. XXXX
Thank you Apple!
It works but..
I wish it functioned a little more like the Mac version..
Why can't I see how far from neutral the decibels for each track has changed when I move the track volume slider? On the Mac we can see this change as we slide the track volume slider.. Are we just supposed to guess when using GarageBand on the iPad? Please fix this!!..
These kinds of problems are the reason people are hesitant to switch to iPads completely for many tasks in which an iPad would be okay to replace a laptop.. The feature discrepancy between the iOS versions of apps (even Apple-made ones) are too much and bothersome and inconvenient.
Another annoyance with this app is that I can't import any music I've altered or created or have stored using other apps. This is a simple drag and drop process on the Mac, but on the iPad it is impossible and restrictions seem to be in place for developers because no speed&pitch editor, apps for example, offer the ability to export to GarageBand.
Just frustrating and an unnecessary inconvenience...
The only place the iPad seems to shine in my life is replacing paper for notes in class and doodling, but even then we run into the problem of a lack of a decent stylus and proper hand rejection... Ugh but I digress..
Please update GarageBand and iOS in general so that it's less of a limiting headache for users..
a depressed GarageBand for iOS user.
you mobile device is expendable
what do i mean by that. Well the only people that are going benefit from the features and external merchandise that this product has to offer are those who are willing to upgrade every time apple steps up their IOS.
if you do not have the money to buy each and new upgrade to their IOS then here are two pieces of advice. First, do not upgrade garageband. Second, do not buy the app Get a laptop and use that as your mobile recording.
Plus the mic on these Apple devices have a ton of white noise bleeding into your vocals/instrument.
If you do get a laptop for recording music. Get at the very least 4GBs of RAM and a quad-core processor. Everyone in the music industry you will talk to will recommend a mac, but the same exact problems I listed about garageband are relevant to any apple device. As bad as windows 8 is at least you double your lifespan through updates that do not deem your computer/device expendable.
If you got many and want to be capitalized on every year or two get the app. If you don't got money then either don't upgrade the app or get a laptop. If you get a Laptop. Get something that will last you a long time. Mac= don't update and your music recording applications will not be expendable to IOS. PC= not recommended by professionals, but it is by poor hobbyist and the updates will keep your digital audio workstation applications usable.
hope this helps.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 08, 2014
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 627 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete collection of GarageBand instruments and soundsFree