Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
What's New in Version 2.0.7
• Share directly from GarageBand to Apple Music Connect*
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
* Requires Apple Music Connect account.
I Wanna Testify!
Pure genius! I would have thought a hundred or a few hundred years would pass before something as phenomenal as this would be created: a complete recording studio that fits in the palm of one's hand!! Technology has advanced so far! This does more and cheaper and better and faster than desktop programs costing 50x more. For musical creatives like me, listen, this is an app of your dreams. Now, I was weened on desktop apps. I have had experience tasting software like Reason, Acid Pro, Sonar, Cubase (albeit the latter limited as most of my experience is pc computers), so I had that under my belt, plus I (kind of) play keyboard and guitar in real life (the latter kinda iffy). I'm not a software nor a music novice, but I feel confident that GarageBand will and does level the playing field between me and the pros. Now, at least 2 things keep me from giving it a 5'er: the huge file size (which is nominally justified by its extensive instrument sets...except no because midi is not huge) and I would really love to simply export a completed song to My Music! Otherwise, it's a keeper and I am quite satisfied with it!
It's good. Just one thing though...
Well, I've had this app for awhile now, and it's pretty neat. However, there are a few things I'd like to point out. My biggest issue is the recent change in the format the song is exported in. I have an iPod touch, and it used to export in .m4a format, which was fine. Now, it exports in .band format, and I can't do a thing with it. I would really like for it to go back to exporting in .m4a format please. Now, on to the other slight issues. I saw a few reviews that said the drum loops are bad. I know not every app will be perfect, but if you have the loops at a lower tempo, it sounds awful. Next, I also think it needs more instruments. I've been trying to make a few soft paced, jazzy sounding songs, and I noticed the saxophone isn't an option. That's just one of the many instruments you should add. Other than that, the app gets 4 stars from me. If you can make it go back to exporting in .m4a format, I'll gladly give you a 5 star rating. Thank you for reading.
Time for An Upgrade on GarageBand! 2016
First of all I would like to say that I've been using this app for about 4 years and I have to say that it needs a lot of improvement. Drum loops sound terrible and not only that there is just not a lot to choose from. I've had a lot of fun with this app and a heck of a lot of patience. I would like to see some new loop packs and guitar effects available in the IAP's. This app has the capability of being the best mobile recording app on market but it seems the creators of Garage Band think the app is already all that it can be. The is hardly any in app purchases. Just think there is a lot of room for improvement. Especially after 5 years of progression in technology of mobile devices today. Hope someone can chime in with me on this. I'd at least like to start a request for some new features on GarageBand. Any Veteran Garageband users out there like me that agree with my post please help make the first step to some new options, features, and easier navigation within the app. Thanks
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 30, 2015
- Version: 2.0.7
- Size: 628 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011 - 2015 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete collection of GarageBand instruments and soundsFree