Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GarageBand turns your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch into a collection of Touch Instruments and a full-featured recording studio — so you can make music anywhere you go. Use Multi-Touch gestures to play a piano, organ, guitar, and drums. They sound and play like their counterparts, but let you do things you could never do on a real instrument. Enjoy Smart Instruments that make you sound like a pro — even if you’ve never played a note before. Plug an electric guitar into your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch and play through classic amps and stompbox effects. Use a Touch Instrument, a built-in microphone, or a guitar and instantly record a performance with support for up of 32 tracks*. Record performances from third-party music and effect apps directly into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio in iOS 8. And share your song using email, Facebook, YouTube, SoundCloud, or AirDrop for iOS.
Play your iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch like a musical instrument
• Play musical instruments on the innovative Multi-Touch keyboard
• Tap out beats with acoustic and electronic drum kits
• Record your voice using the built-in microphone and apply fun sound effects
• Recreate legendary guitar rigs with 9 amps and 10 stompbox effects
• Use the Sampler to create new instruments from sounds you record, then play them on a keyboard
• Record compatible third-party music apps right into GarageBand using Inter-App Audio
Sound like a virtuoso with Smart Instruments
• Conduct an entire string orchestra with just one finger using Smart Strings
• Tap chords to instantly create keyboard grooves with the Smart Keyboard
• Strum chords on an acoustic and electric Smart Guitar, trigger fingerpicking patterns for popular chords, or switch to Notes view to try your hand at the real thing
• Groove with a variety of Smart Basses using upright, electric, and synth sounds
• Drag drum instruments onto a grid to create your own beats with Smart Drums
Start a Jam Session with your friends
• Use your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to play or record live over Wi-Fi or Bluetooth with up to three of your friends
• Tempo, key, time signature, and chords automatically sync to the bandleader
• Jam with any Touch Instrument or live instruments like electric guitar or voice
• The bandleader automatically collects everyone's recordings so they can be mixed as a song and shared
Create a song anywhere you go
• Arrange and mix your song with up to 32 tracks* using Touch Instruments, audio recordings, and loops
• Use the Note Editor to adjust or fine-tune any Touch Instrument recording
• Trim and place musical regions exactly where you want them to play
• Use the Mixer to fine-tune each track’s volume —solo or mute any track or adjust pan, reverb, and echo
• Choose from over 250 professionally prerecorded loops as a backing band to your song
Share your songs
• Keep your GarageBand songs up to date across all your iOS devices with iCloud Drive
• Create custom ringtones and alerts for your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch
• Share your songs directly to Facebook, YouTube, and SoundCloud
• Email songs right from GarageBand
• Export your song and add it to the iTunes library on your Mac or PC
• Share GarageBand projects directly between iOS devices using AirDrop for iOS
* 32 tracks available on iOS devices with the A7 chip or higher. 16 tracks available on iPhone 5c, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad (4th generation), iPad (3rd generation), iPad 2, iPad mini, and iPod touch (5th generation).
What's New in Version 2.0.6
• Stability improvements and bug fixes
Perfect For Disabled Pros!
I thought I'd NEVER be able to record and engineer my music to a permanent format until I found this! And to have found it for free while subsisting on a disability income, I have lost all feelings of sadness and depression now that I know that I can return to one thing that gave me joy in life is a gift from heaven! XXXX Sure, I WOULD like to have a brass and woodwind section, but the learning curve is enough to keep me busy enough until one is either released or found on a third-party app. XXXX I've been so disappointed by the bulk of "Apple-made" apps, (while the late Mr. Jobs made a way to keep his hands in our pockets past his own demise has often made me very angry - because of the need for Siri), I find it so much more irritating that we have to TYPE IN our password just to leave a review is one of the most ridiculous things I can imagine (for those of us who do NOT have app contracts anyway), but the the fact that they got this ONE thing SO right - and so FREE - is music to my ears and a joy to my heart that I doubt that I'll ever be able to express. XXXX
Thank you Apple!
I usually dont write reviews but this truelly is an awesome product. I use this quite often to produce music, i mostly do intrumental stuff, you can make rap/hip-hop beats on here very easily once you know how everything works, its very simple and there are also how-to videos online. I have the full version that i bought for $5, and it was worth it. The "smart" instruments definatly come in handy, especially the smart drums. You can make all differant genres of music on this but i mostly do boom bap styled hip hop instrumentals and retro synth stuff, its really fun to use even if youre not making msuc though and you can do a lot of cool stuff with your voice with the voice recorder and sampler.
Overall, if youre into music and producing, need your own beats, or just need an extra instrument you might not have/know how to play, or if you just wanna mess around with drum machines and play virtual guitars than this is deffinatly something to check out, atleast try the free version
It works but..
I wish it functioned a little more like the Mac version..
Why can't I see how far from neutral the decibels for each track has changed when I move the track volume slider? On the Mac we can see this change as we slide the track volume slider.. Are we just supposed to guess when using GarageBand on the iPad? Please fix this!!..
These kinds of problems are the reason people are hesitant to switch to iPads completely for many tasks in which an iPad would be okay to replace a laptop.. The feature discrepancy between the iOS versions of apps (even Apple-made ones) are too much and bothersome and inconvenient.
Another annoyance with this app is that I can't import any music I've altered or created or have stored using other apps. This is a simple drag and drop process on the Mac, but on the iPad it is impossible and restrictions seem to be in place for developers because no speed&pitch editor, apps for example, offer the ability to export to GarageBand.
Just frustrating and an unnecessary inconvenience...
The only place the iPad seems to shine in my life is replacing paper for notes in class and doodling, but even then we run into the problem of a lack of a decent stylus and proper hand rejection... Ugh but I digress..
Please update GarageBand and iOS in general so that it's less of a limiting headache for users..
a depressed GarageBand for iOS user.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 08, 2014
- Version: 2.0.6
- Size: 627 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Apple Inc.
- © 2011 - 2014 Apple Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete collection of GarageBand instruments and soundsFree