Make space for the issues that matter. The Guardian app gives you breaking news and full access to all of our award-winning journalism.
Support independent journalism by upgrading to the premium tier - the most rewarding way for you to experience The Guardian, set to the pace of your day.
With the free app you can:
• Access the full range of The Guardian journalism
• Stay up to date with live news and sport
• Receive breaking news alerts
• Keep reading even when you’re offline
• Save any content you want to keep for a later date
• Make it yours by choosing which sections appear on your home screen
• Follow your favourite stories, writers and football teams for personal notifications
• Enjoy award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries
• Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
With the premium tier you can enjoy new ways to explore the journalism you love:
• Live - a new and faster way to catch up on every breaking news story and all the latest developments as they unfold (available on iPhone)
• Discover - a new way to explore the best stories, recipes, long reads and more at the moment that suits you (available on iPhone)
• Enhanced offline reading - download the day’s news before you travel, or whenever suits you best
• Experience the app advert-free
• Play our daily crosswords
• Access specially curated content
This app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier, your payment will be processed by Apple. Upgrade by selecting ‘Support the Guardian’ from the app’s navigation menu.
Premium tier subscription automatically renews monthly unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your iTunes account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal after purchase by going to your iTunes Account Settings.
Please note - while Apple's Family Sharing feature can be used to share apps between up to six family members, it does not support the sharing of in-app purchases (as described in https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203046). This includes the auto-renewable subscription to the premium tier of the app, and you will therefore not be able to share any subscription purchased via iTunes Store with family members. If you have any questions please email email@example.com who will be able to advise you further.
Terms and conditions:
-Bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
Beautifully designed and easy to navigate, this app from the UK’s award-winning newspaper delivers the intelligent stories and thought-provoking analysis that the periodical has been known for since it launched way back in 1821. From insight into the evolving pop-culture scene to the latest breaking news, The Guardian provides incisive coverage in a thoroughly modern format through captivating photo essays, thoughtful op-eds, essential sports reports, and even interactive crossword puzzles.
I'm a dedicated Times reader since I was 12, fifty years ago. I studied in England as a teen, before internet and I didn't realize I wasn't missing the papers from the State's because of the coverage the country gets around the world. When the Snowden story broke I started to read The Guardian and was struck at the quality of the journalism and frankly the breadth and brevity of the stories. It allows me to see the headlines, with versions to choose from, and enjoy reading the news instead of being dependent on television. I still subscribe to the Sunday Times but otherwise I can spend two hours daily reading it. The Guardian has been an excellent paper and I appreciate they ask for contributions rather than have a subscription rate. I realize a company has to know its income but for me, my income is too limited to subscribe to the papers. It's personally disappointing when journalism is so important and threatened, but realistically I can't do more. So the excellent quality will hopefully have more people who can afford more and do so.
The best news app 10 stars
I purchased the monthly subscription and it is well worth it. The news that is covered and the links within articles is simply “Outstanding!” To be able to read current news and link to older stories concerning issues is incredibly fascinating and informative.
Each day I find new information and detailed stories I didn’t know existed. I love the stories. Was reading up on Chernobyl and the newly installed enclosure and went through each of the links reading about life within the exclusion zone and the possibility of a solar farm. The content and how easy it is to navigate is simply awesome. One article and its associated links can lead to hours of fascinating information at your fingertips.
If I could change one thing it would be to include easier crossword puzzles for novices like me that are working our way up to the more difficult ones.
- Guardian News & Media Ltd
- 121.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Guardian News & Media 2018
- In-App Purchases
- Premium tier subscription $5.49
- Premium tier subscription $2.99
- Premium tier subscription $15.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.