Uber Racer 3D - Sandstorm
By Mad Processor
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
If you like this game, please check out our new title Uber Racer 3D Monster Truck Nightmare!
GRAB YOUR COPY AND JOIN OVER TWO MILLIONS OF PLAYERS NOW!
Enjoy the most spectacular racing game in the App Store!
Are you tired of playing racing games that confine you to a single track you are not supposed to leave? Do you want to break free from unrealistic racing games? Do you want the possibilities and graphics you know from your console or PC on your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad?
Well, then Uber Racer 3D - Sandstorm is just for you!
In a world where mankind is burning its final resources a few fearless warriors race for the last drops of oil. Will you stand up to become the next Uber Racer?
- GAME CENTER compete with your friends and the global leaderboard
- 10 UNIQUE ENVIRONMENTS.
- HIGHLY DETAILED GRAPHICS without repeating textures (i. e. every rock is painted differently).
- CAREER MODE with 31 race days, some of them featuring up to 10 events. Several hours of playtime.
- 3D MENU, completely integrated.
- REALTIME SHADOWS
- 4 RACE MODES: Time Trial, Elimination, 1 Vs 1, Race.
- THUMB TRACKING: Don't care about hitting the gas pedal. It's wherever your thumb is.
- Select your favourite CAMERA: Third person, hood or bumper.
- The same version runs on the iPad and iPhone (universal app).
- 3D SOUND with stereo output and positional audio. For a full and immersive sound experience make sure you are using headphones!
- REALISTIC MOTOR SOUND, engine simulation, backfire
- 3D CAR PHYSICS with suspension, damping and drifting
- 15 CARS individually upgradable. Ranging from buggies to race cars and trucks.
- DAMAGE MODEL based on real impact damage, flapping doors, loose hinges
What's New in Version 1.7
- Fixed issues with in-app-purchase
- Minor performance tweaks
Typical disappointments by the developers..
This was a great game when I first started playing but, as every game does, it has come to the point where you have to make purchases in order to continue playing enjoyably. I don't have a problem paying $ for a well developed/fun game but I do have a problem when the gameplay declines because I don't make a purchase.. Every race was well designed and had decent physics for a tablet racing game and then suddenly the other racers became significantly 'smarter' and aggressive and the physics of the game went to trash. In what world does a little dune buggy completely blow me off the track when I am driving a full sized truck?! In the early races you could be aggressive and knock racers around and edge em off the track but now I can't even rear end someone without it knocking ME off of the track.. This is a letdown because I enjoyed the game so much that I wanted to buy the full version but these practices do not make me confident in giving the developers my $... Also the tilt steering is kind of crappy and the arrows for the on screen steering are WAAAY too small and too low on the screen... The game also lacks depth/creative sides...let us add our own touch, at LEAST paint our cars..add a map or something and let us see other racers and how far ahead/behind we are..
In a word, frustrating
The controls are intuitive yet the brake function does not work properly, you press it and it disengages the gas (even if you are holding it) so you have to disengage the gas, then re-engage the gas.
Most importantly is the loss of traction when going down hills. The AI never seem to have to slow down for hills, unfair. Further, the AI get to reset their vehicles ahead of where they crashed while you reset BEHIND where you crashed.
Lastly, I HATE the catch-up feature that applies to both you and the AI. Remove it or at least give the option to turn it off.
This would be a 1 star review, but the game is free. Just seems like the game was released too early, needs an update badly. The core of this game is strong, however.
Free racing fun
5 stars because it's free and enjoyable. Would be 3-4 stars if it cost money. The graphics lack polish, and the whole thing feels slightly low-budget, but I like the post-apocalyptic track theme, and the car physics and handling are solid. Another huge plus is the game doesn't require IAP's - as long as you're ok with owning 1 car at a time. If you like this game, I'd try 2XL's rally racing game; it's like this one on turbo with better graphics and a copilot (albeit slightly less realistic physics), for just $.99.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Feb 25, 2013
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 322 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mad Processor GmbH
- © 2010 Mad Processor GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- 2000 oil$0.99
- 10000 oil$2.99
- 20000 oil$4.99
- 5000 oil$1.99
- 60000 oil$9.99
- 150000 oil$19.99