The Monster at the End of This Book...starring Grover!
By Sesame Street
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is an animated storybook app, which will humorously help teach your child about emotions and early reading skills.
The best-selling classic becomes an interactive storybook!
** Reached No. 1 in Books in the App Store! **
** Winner of 2012 Cynopsis Kids Imagination Award – Best Preschool App! **
** Winner of 2011 Cybils Award — first Book App award winner! **
** Common Sense Media 5-Star Quality Rating **
“Emotional expression, humor, built-in vocabulary, and interactivity help kids learn throughout this story.” – Common Sense Media
The Monster at the End of This Book enhances the classic Sesame Street book with completely immersive experiences that make children part of the story. Join lovable, furry old Grover as he tries his very hardest to tie down pages and build brick walls— all to keep readers away from the monster at the end of this book.
Families can share this giggle-filled story together in a brand-new way that children will ask to read again and again. The Monster at the End of This Book is a truly enchanting reading experience for kids—and monsters—of all ages.
• Lively, interactive animation that responds to your child’s touch
• Narration by lovable old Grover himself --tapping Grover makes him talk!
• Engaging activities that empower readers to decide how and when to move the story forward—plus encourage kids’ spatial development and listening skills
• Word highlighting to help build beginning reader skills
• Easy-to-follow parent tips for helping kids tackle common fears and label emotions
• Bookplate personalization — add your child's name!
• Sesame Workshop is the nonprofit educational organization behind the award-winning television show, Sesame Street. Our mission is to use the educational power of media to help children everywhere reach their highest potential.
• Our goal is to make quality apps accessible to every family and provide the best possible experience for children.
If you have any questions or comments, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 5.1
Fixes bugs and optimizes for iOS8 on all devices. We heard your helpful comments and emails: Some of you had problems opening the app in our last update. We apologize for that and can't wait for you to have fun reading with your favorite lovable, furry blue monster.
Ads! In a $4 kids app!?
This is a great app and my kid loves it but there's a shopping cart icon on the main menu (which is marginally acceptable) and now there's a splash ad. Totally unacceptable for a paid app., more unacceptable for a kid's app., and still more unacceptable for a CTVW app. Someone in your marketing dept. has a bit too much power (and a poor sense of propriety) if this kind of thing is getting through. Seriously who thought it would be a good idea to advertise to 2-4 year-olds. Like this.
Minus the Roku add, it's great
The app itself is great. My two year old loves reading her "book" and giggles every time she tears down the brisk wall. I do not like that the app has an advertisement for Roku when I payed $5.00 for it.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Dec 19, 2014
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 186 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sesame Workshop Apps
- © 2011 Sesame Workshop. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.