By PlayStation Mobile Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
STAY IN THE GAME
Take your PlayStation® experience with you on your mobile device with the new PlayStation®App! Always be ready to game with features that keep you connected to your gaming friends and the games you love to play. Push games from PlayStation®Store to your PS4™ system and be ready to game at home.
With the PlayStation®App installed on your mobile device, you can:
· See what your friends are playing, compare trophies, and view your profile or recent activity.
· Chat with your friends; receive notifications, game alerts, and invitations, and then use your mobile device as an on-screen keyboard for your PS4™ system.
· Browse PlayStation®Store, pick-up the latest hit games and add-ons, and then push them to your PS4™ system so they are ready when you get home.
· Take advantage of the in-app second-screen features, when available, for greater challenges and control.
· Quickly access PlayStation® system guides, manuals, and PlayStation.Blog.
A Sony Entertainment Network account and PS4™ system are required to use all of this application's features.
What's New in Version 4.20.9
- There is now a shortcut to PlayStation®Communities app.
- Stability during use of some features has been improved.
A bit clunky, but still essential
Frankly almost anything is preferable to trying to navigate certain PSN tasks on the console itself. The mobile app gives you a quick way to do maintenance chores (friend lists, events, see who's online right now) without having to do it on the console. I give it 4 stars because it does most of what it should do and it has been fairly reliable for me over the last 6 months. It is not a 5-star app because it is organised badly and is really slow. Too often it refreshes from the server as you navigate back and forth across a basic menu. While it means I'm always looking at fresh data, it means the app feels slow. I've just tapped "view friend request" then I've tapped "delete request" then I've gone back to the list of friend requests. Even though I was just on that list 2 seconds ago, I wait for a refresh from the back end. There's lots of this stuff. It's a great v2 app. We need a new generation with better performance and better user-focused layout of menus, tasks, and such.
Can't sign in
I have had this app for a while and it worked perfectly fine for a short while, wasn't that bad. However, some update ago required me to sign-in. I put in my email and password but once I get to the part where I prove I'm not a robot, I either can't hear the numbers/words (yes, I checked if my sound was on), or I can't even type in the numbers/words. Sometimes I couldn't do either. I would like to properly use the app if it would just let me sign in.
I copy and pasted this review to the Playstation chat app as well.
EDIT: After playing around with it, I figured out that the 'proving you're not a robot' part is poorly communicated. It doesn't tell you how many times you have to do listen and enter the numbers. Even then it still didn't let me enter numbers properly and I had to do a lot of tapping at my screen for it to function. I'm signed in now, but it took me months and a sit down. Please fix this poor sign in problem.
Essential for Playstation fans.
This app is awesome, I use it on an almost daily basis and have never had any issues with it. Whenever the PS store is inaccessible or I can't sign in on my mobile browser for whatever reason, this app saves the day because I'm always signed in and can access the store through it with no problems. It's also really nice to be able to see what your friends are playing when you're not able to boot up your console. My number one use for this app though, is viewing my trophies. It's insanely convenient and I use this feature constantly. The one thing I would add to improve the trophy viewing would be to be able to view the hidden trophy information like you can on PS4. Overall GREAT app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 30, 2016
- Version: 4.20.9
- Size: 20.2 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: PlayStation Mobile Inc.
- © PlayStation Mobile Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.