By Obsolete Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Storm Sim is the best way to relax and fall asleep! Want to create your own perfect storm? Now you can personalize a unique storm to fit your listening preferences! Weather you want something to fall asleep to, read with, or to use as a special sound effect, you have the ability and options with Storm Sim. No more pre-recorded storms!
Design your own storm simulations or use one of the built-in storms to get going quickly. Storms are fully customizable with lots of effects. This is the audio experience of a real thunderstorm in your pocket.
* Rain, Thunder, Water, Animal, and Wind effects
* Sampled effects from real storms and studio-created effects
* Pre-made storms and defaults for when you just want to fall asleep
* Advanced customization when you want ultimate control; too much lightning? Not enough rain? You decide!
* Variation ensures there are no repeats; storms vary each time you play them
* Sleep timer gently fades the storm out so you don’t wake up
* Wake timer to help gently wake you up
* Beautiful Clock – custom colors, full-screen mode, 12/14 hour, seconds, day of week, and many other options. In full-screen swipe to change brightness!
* Supports multi-tasking - use other apps on your device while listening to the storm play in the background
* AirPlay lets you send storm audio to your supported speakers or device!
* Universal app - buy it once and use it on your iPhone and iPad
* Storm Sim supports in-app downloads and purchases. Expand your library of effects with more rains, trains, or sounds of the ocean.
NOTE: Requires iOS 5.0+
What's New in Version 3.37
* Fix restoring in-app purchases
The next version of Storm Sim will be designed for iOS 7 so please stay tuned!
Can restore sound packs again!
I had dropped my review to one star because of a bug not allowing me to restore my purchased sound packs. I reported the bug and never got a response, and there was absolutely no information on the website about it. It was the seriousness of the bug combined with the lack of communication from the developer that made me drop from five to one star. However, a patch has fixed the bug and I now have all my sound packs back. I still wish the developer had communicated he was at least working on a fix in a blog post or something instead of just remaining silent on the matter when the reviews were lighting up with that same problem, but now that it's fixed the app is too good not to give five stars once more. The original review is below.
The sounds of rain and thunder are incredibly realistic. When I play it through AirPlay on my home theater system the cats freak out and think its an actual storm! My fiancée even thought it was storming out when she heard it from another room. Can't recommend enough if you find the sounds if a rainstorm soothing.
Once again a fantastic app
**edit** the app is fixed. I just needed to "re-purchase" the sound packs and it let me redownload them individually with no charge. All is right with this fantastic app now.
I sleep like a baby with this app running. I love creating my own storms as well, and the timer makes it complete for me. Fantastic app.
Does just what it says
I love Storm Sim and I use it many nights to help fall asleep. If you like the built-in sounds and want more, the additional sound packs are well worth it; I hope more are coming.
I rarely rate apps at all, but this gets 5 stars and well deserves it.
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Oct 08, 2013
- Version: 3.37
- Size: 124 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Russ Bishop
- © 2010 Obsolete Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ocean Sounds 01$0.99
- Rain Pack 1$0.99
- Thunder Pack 01$0.99
- Water Pack 1$0.99
- Train Sounds$0.99
- Fog Horns$0.99