By Obsolete Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Storm Sim is the best way to relax and fall asleep! Want to create your own perfect storm? Now you can personalize a unique storm to fit your listening preferences! Weather you want something to fall asleep to, read with, or to use as a special sound effect, you have the ability and options with Storm Sim. No more pre-recorded storms!
Design your own storm simulations or use one of the built-in storms to get going quickly. Storms are fully customizable with lots of effects. This is the audio experience of a real thunderstorm in your pocket.
* Rain, Thunder, Water, Animal, and Wind effects
* Sampled effects from real storms and studio-created effects
* Pre-made storms and defaults for when you just want to fall asleep
* Advanced customization when you want ultimate control; too much lightning? Not enough rain? You decide!
* Variation ensures there are no repeats; storms vary each time you play them
* Sleep timer gently fades the storm out so you don’t wake up
* Wake timer to help gently wake you up
* Beautiful Clock – custom colors, full-screen mode, 12/14 hour, seconds, day of week, and many other options. In full-screen swipe to change brightness!
* Supports multi-tasking - use other apps on your device while listening to the storm play in the background
* AirPlay lets you send storm audio to your supported speakers or device!
* Universal app - buy it once and use it on your iPhone and iPad
* Storm Sim supports in-app downloads and purchases. Expand your library of effects with more rains, trains, or sounds of the ocean.
What's New in Version 4.8
* FIXED: If restore purchases is interrupted, Storm Sim crashes on all future launches
* FIXED: Four other crashing issues, including the #1 cause of all crashes
* Updated for iOS 7
* Re-written store
* Various bug fixes
If you could take a moment to rate Storm Sim I would greatly appreciate it. Your ratings really do help; I could not continue to provide updates without your support. Thank-you.
Bloated; poor simulation algorithm
I bought this app to give me white noise at bedtime to help me fall asleep. First-119 Megabyte app for a storm simulator. It really shouldn't be that huge. Also the train sounds cost an extra dollar.
If you want to get really picky... The major gripe I have with this app is that it does not accurately simulate a real storm's behavior... i.e., moving from west to east (if you live in the northern hemisphere). Instead, when you start the simulator on the falling asleep preset, for example, it's like you're suddenly in the middle of the storm. Not how l like to fall asleep. In the real world the rain picks up in intensity as the really close lightning strikes. The two have a very strong correlation in s real storm. it wouldn't be that hard to write this logic into the app. As it stands, the falling asleep preset requires heavy tweaking out of the box to get it to help me fall asleep.
Good but could be better
Really like the sliders for randomization. But it would be helpful in knowing what Rarely equates to. 5 minutes? 30 minutes? Not that I want to have a sound play with in a precise time period, but just generally knowing what I am setting up.
Some addition sound groups would be nice additions. Birds, various biome animals, various urban sounds, metal and wood wind chimes, weathervane, water wheel from a mill, dry leaves in wind.
Almost as good as a real thunderstorm
Thunderstorms are one of my favorite phenomena. I don't think I could live anywhere where there weren't thunderstorms. What's great about this app is that you can create your own. I have one that imitates a storm in an anchored boat. I can feel those waves gurgling on the hull. Friendly storm with rain on a tin roof, a hurricane or anything else you like. My favorite go to sleep app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jun 29, 2014
- Version: 4.8
- Size: 124 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Russ Bishop
- © 2010 Obsolete Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ocean Sounds 01$0.99
- Rain Pack 1$0.99
- Thunder Pack 01$0.99
- Water Pack 1$0.99
- Train Sounds$0.99
- Fog Horns$0.99