PhotoSync – transfer and backup photos & videos
By touchbyte GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With over 1 million users and 10,000+ positive reviews PhotoSync is a worldwide AppStore favourite. Macworld calls PhotoSync the “absolute best” way to transfer pics between devices and services!
• Number one cross-platform solution with native apps for iOS, Windows & Mac
• Reliable and secure software – operating 6+ years in the market and continuously updated
• No limitations – copy, share and backup an unlimited number of full resolution photos, HD videos and RAW files with all EXIF location information intact
• Total user control & fully customisable. Be totally independent of the cloud!
• Transfer photos & videos to and from computer (Windows PC & Mac)
• Share photos & videos between phones and tablets
• Automatically backup photos & videos in the background to pre-selected targets (computer, NAS, cloud and photo services)
• Transfer photos & videos to and from NAS over (S)FTP, WebDav and SMB
• Share photos & videos to and from cloud & photo services
• Download photos, videos & RAWs from Wi-Fi SD cards in Camera to iOS
TRANSFER TO & FROM COMPUTER
• Transfer and backup photos & videos from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to Windows PC or Mac
• Send photos & videos from Windows PC or Mac directly to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Choose from existing albums or create new albums. Received photos & videos are imported directly into the Camera Roll or an album you defined.
• Transferring between iOS devices, Windows PC and Mac works directly over the local Wi-Fi network. Your photos/videos never leave your local network nor go over the Internet.
TRANSFER BETWEEN PHONES & TABLETS
• Directly send photos & videos between iPhone and iPad over your local Wi-Fi network, Personal Hotspot or Bluetooth. No computer or cloud needed!
AUTOTRANSFER – AUTOMATICALLY BACKUP PHOTOS & VIDEOS
• Automatically backup new photos/videos in the background to computer (PC & Mac), supported cloud/photo services, your private cloud or NAS, whenever you arrive at pre-selected locations.
TRANSFER TO & FROM NAS
• Securely backup photos & videos to your NAS, remote server, personal cloud and wireless portable hard drive over (S)FTP, WebDAV or SMB.
• Download & view photos/videos on (S)FTP, WebDAV and SMB servers.
• PhotoSync works flawlessly with: Synology NAS, Owncloud, iUSBPort, Seagate Wireless Plus and many more.
TRANSFER TO & FROM CLOUD & PHOTO SERVICES
• Upload and share photos/videos straight from iPhone/iPad/iPod touch to your favourite cloud or photo service over 3G / LTE.
• Import photos/videos stored on your cloud or photo service directly to iOS. Import selected, all or new photos & videos.
• PhotoSync supports: Dropbox, Google Drive, Google Photos / Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, SmugMug, Box, Amazon Cloud Drive, Zenfolio, SugarSync and 500px.
DOWNLOAD FROM CAMERA
• Download and import photos & videos directly from your digital camera equipped with a Toshiba FlashAir or Transcend Wi-Fi SD card.
• Smart transfer
PhotoSync remembers which photos/videos have already been transferred and let’s you transfer new photos/videos with one single touch.
• Delete after transfer
PhotoSync can optionally perform automatic deletion of successfully backed up photos & videos – a very convenient way to free up space on your device (iOS 8 and higher).
• Drag & drop to iOS devices
The FREE PhotoSync Companion for Windows PC and Mac makes the transfer experience quick and easy. It lets you beam photos/videos to your device by drag & drop.
On Macs the PhotoSync Companion enables direct import into the new OS X Photos App, iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom.
PhotoSync supports the transfer & import of RAW photos. It preserves all photo metadata (EXIF, Geolocation) and lets you choose among a wide-range of transfer options (filename, sub-directory creation, photo edits).
For a complete list of features visit: http://www.photosync-app.com/iOS
What's New in Version 3.2
Over 50 new innovative features make PhotoSync 3.2 the most powerful and versatile photo & video transfer solution on the market.
• SMB Support
Transfer photos & videos from / to NAS devices, Time Capsule and other devices using the SMB protocol.
• Share Sheet Support
Transfer photos & videos directly from other apps (e.g., Photos, Google Photos, Pixelmator and even Safari) using PhotoSync.
• Automatic sub-directory creation for albums
If you assigned photos / videos to user albums, PhotoSync can now recreate this album structure on the target when you transfer from the Camera Roll / All Photos.
You can activate this option in the Sub-directory settings for the transfer target. This feature also works for Quick Transfer and Autotransfer.
• Exclude WhatsApp media
WhatsApp photos / videos can now be excluded from the transfer. You can configure this option in the "transfer settings" of the target.
• Transfer of edited version and original at once
You can now transfer the edited & original version of a photo at the same time. You can configure this option in the "transfer settings" of the target.
• Exclude favorites from „Delete after transfer“.
• Support for OneDrive for Business.
• Hide unused targets
Targets can now be manually hidden. To do so open the settings, touch „Configure“, then "Edit" and tap the „Eye icon" to hide / unhide a service.
• Improvements for custom file & directory formats
Use the new editor for file & directory formats to create your own intuitive custom formats. We also added new format options –milliseconds and lowercase / uppercase filename extensions.
• And a lot more...
Support for the new Dropbox & Facebook API, SFTP now supports „diffie-hellman-group-exchange-sha256" encryption, full iPv6 support, iBeacons can now be edited, a new select option „Mark selected as new“ and a smart album "Depth Effect" (iOS 10.2 and higher) have been added.
- Fixed: An Amazon Cloud Drive & OneDrive issue when only 200 items were listed and/or the directory listing would never finish
- Fixed: An issue when transferring videos to Dropbox
- Fixed: An Autotransfer issue when not all burst photos were uploaded
- Fixed: Live Photo import from remote services
- Fixed: Upload of multiple images using web sharing
- Fixed: New Authentication logic for Google Drive & Picasa / Google Photos
- Fixed: A OneDrive crash issue when no thumbnails were available
PhotoSync: Simply the very best in class
PhotoSync simply is the very best of the best in its class. I've gone through so many apps and flash drive "solutions" to manage our unwieldy photo-video collections. Some were just ok; others were excellent in most areas but came up short in other areas. For example, one does much of what PhotoSync does, but after transferring thousands of photos I realized that it changed critical metadata. For example, date photo was originally taken was changed to the date we transferred the pictures. That proved to be a deal breaker. PhotoSync, by contrast, elegantly and very efficiently does everything we need it to do and precisely as we want it done. The option of automatically deleting transferred images from iDevices is a cherished luxury. Thanks for making available to us such an outstanding app!
Absolute must have Utility for your phone!!!
Got this installed after reading some app review article. Been using the app for a month now - this one deserves to be installed on every phone. Set up was quite easy.
Very customizable: I set it up to drop the photos and videos to my desktop creating a folder named after my phone and my wife's named after her phone - so we know where photos came from. I also got it set up to rename every file with the date it was taken + original file name.
I have no issues using this everyday. It's a stable app, many options. One of the few utility apps that deserve easy 5 stars.
EDIT: (Just got it updated to version 3.2)
This app just got so, SO MUCH BETTER!
Thank you so much for the "Share Sheet Support". Just tried sending a photo directly from my camera roll (without making any adjustments on iPhone or PC) and it transferred without an issue!!! Literally, watched the window pop up on my PC sitting across the room on the couch.
This update is huge! Thank you... your app is the best utility app on my devices! Thank you, thank you, thank you. Worth every penny and more!
Indispensable. Editable albums on iPad/iPhone
Fantastic app. You can see from all the great reviews how highly thought of this App truly is. However, I'd like to point out a feature that may be overlooked. When transferring photos from PC to iPad/iPhone you have the option to create a new album. This album will be editable on your iPad. Meaning, you will be able to add photos from your camera roll into the PhotoSync created album. Great feature, as many other programs are unable to create editable albums. So, you could use this to copy photo albums from an old iPad to a new IPad.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 22, 2017
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 65.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: touchbyte GmbH
- © touchbyte GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.