PhotoSync - wireless photo and video transfer, backup and share app
By touchbyte GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It‘s all about one thing – the best and easiest way to transfer, backup and share your photos & videos!
PhotoSync allows you to transfer your photos & videos between your iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC over your local Wi-Fi network. It also supports sending and receiving photos & videos to/from popular cloud & photo services, mobile storage devices and NAS. Any kind of photo transfer – PhotoSync can handle it!
What you can do with PhotoSync:
TRANSFER TO & FROM COMPUTER
• Transfer, move and backup your photos & videos from iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your Windows PC or Mac. Photos & videos are transferred in full resolution with all metadata intact.
• Send photos & videos from your Windows PC or Mac directly over the local Wi-Fi network to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Choose from existing albums or create new albums. Received photos & videos are imported directly into the Camera Roll or an album you defined.
TRANSFER BETWEEN IOS DEVICES
• Directly copy, move and exchange photos & videos between iPhone and iPad and vice versa over your local Wi-Fi network, Personal Hotspot or Bluetooth. No computer or cloud needed!
TRANSFER TO & FROM NAS, CLOUD & PHOTO SERVICES
• Upload and share photos/videos to your favorite cloud or photo service like Dropbox, Google Drive, Google+ / Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, OneDrive, SmugMug, Box, Amazon Cloud Drive, Zenfolio, SugarSync and 500px.
• Backup photos & videos over (S)FTP or WebDAV to your NAS, mobile storage device or personal cloud. You can also download & view photos/videos on (S)FTP and WebDAV servers. PhotoSync works flawlessly with Synology NAS, Owncloud, iUSBPort & Seagate Wireless Plus.
• Import photos/videos stored on Dropbox, Google Drive, Google+ / Picasa, Flickr, Facebook, OneDrive, SmugMug, Box, Amazon Cloud Drive, Zenfolio and SugarSync directly to your iPhone/iPad. You can import selected, all or new photos & videos.
DOWNLOAD FROM CAMERA
• Download and import directly from your digital camera equipped with a wireless SD Card. Toshiba FlashAir & Transcend Wi-Fi SD cards are supported.
PhotoSync also supports the transfer of photos/videos imported with the Camera Connection Kit.
• Smart transfer
PhotoSync remembers which photos/videos have already been transferred and let‘s you transfer new photos/videos with one single touch. Transfer as many photos & videos as you want at once! Optionally PhotoSync can delete photos & videos automatically after a successful transfer.
PhotoSync allows you to transfer new photos/videos automatically and wirelessly in the background to supported cloud/photo services, your private cloud or NAS, whenever you arrive at certain locations.
• Drag and drop to iOS devices
The FREE PhotoSync Companion for Windows PC and Mac makes the transfer experience quick and easy. It lets you beam photos/videos to your device by drag & drop.
On Macs the PhotoSync Companion enables direct import into the new OS X Photos App, iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom.
PhotoSync supports the transfer and import of RAW photos. It preserves all photo metadata (EXIF, Geolocation) and lets you choose among a wide-range of transfer options (filename, sub-directory creation, photo edits)
For a complete list of features visit: http://www.photosync-app.com/features
• Transferring between iPhone/iPad/iPod touch requires PhotoSync installed on both devices. You only need to purchase PhotoSync once and can install it on all your devices using the same iTunes account. No extra subscription costs or In-App purchases required!
• Transferring between iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Windows PC and Mac works directly over the local Wi-Fi network. Your photos/videos never leave your local network or go over the Internet.
• PhotoSync Companion for Windows PCs requires Windows XP SP 2 or higher, Windows Vista , Windows 7, 8, 8.1
• PhotoSync Companion for OS X requires OX 10.5 or higher (Intel & PPC Macs supported)
What's New in Version 3.0.1
- Fixed upload to Google Drive
- Fixed: Transfer of large video files
- Fixed an Amazon Cloud Drive upload issue, when an empty file was present on Amazon Cloud Drive
- Fixed: When editing an Auto Transfer location, the map was not displayed
- Fixed: The display mode (thumbnail/list) is now saved between restarts
- Fixed several crash issues
- Fixes for FTPS connections
- Fixed transfer of screenshots over Adhoc-Wifi-Connections
- Fixed sequence of photos in album transfers that was not the original transfer sequence
- Improved compatibility with a future iOS version
Essential for Parents
We use this app daily to backup precious family photos to Google Drive. The developers have always been extremely responsive to any concerns via email, and always reply back much faster than I do! I love that it can automatically rename photos based on the date and time they were taken. The app overall is indispensable for iPhone photographers who want to back up their photos exactly where they want.
So much potential
Can't reliably do the one thing I purchased it to do. Photo sync is broken for large files. I use it - or rather hoped to use it- to sync my iPhone 6 video to my iMac. This fails quite often by freezing when partially complete. Latest update has about a 75% chance of not freezing. So if sending multiple video files, your chances go way up of hitting the problem along the way. You will have to restart the transfer multiple times.
I am using iPhone 6 and will make this a 2 star due to the stated problem. I patiently await the problem to be fixed. Will update below as try out any future updates. Also to the author - I will move this to a 5 star when you fix this.
Update June 2015. Still broken.
Update July 2015
Problem not fixed, was hopeful with big update claiming fix for large files. But no good. Does seem to be better though, but come on now. Stable software should work transferring a big file. This is just silly now.
This is an incredibly useful app. So many sync options. Works great with network storage I have hosted by a Mac mini. Only current problem is google drive does not work with current version.
However, I would recommend it!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jul 02, 2015
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 28.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: touchbyte GmbH
- © touchbyte GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.