English-Spanish Reference Dictionary
By Word Magic Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“This is an excellent dictionary - very comprehensive and easy to use.” WORKS OFFLINE With over 718,000 entries, 524,000 translations, 558,000 synonyms, 98,000 definitions and 40,000 examples, voice feature and a huge collection of idiomatic expressions in both languages.
Recommended by Apple in “Apps for Learning English as a Second Language.” Bilingual voice options for regional pronunciation and easy-to-follow verb conjugations create an interactive learning experience. Definitions and added examples are included in both languages and all terminology shows detailed classification, making gender, noun type or parts of speech easy to identify. Internet connection needed only for voices, images and spell-check.
• Conjugation of Spanish and English verbs, all persons & tenses.
• 2 million+ Spanish conjugated verbal forms fully identifiable as dictionary entries, plus another two million plurals and feminines of nouns impeccably inflected in Spanish with their exact equivalencies in English
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish.
• Covers American and British English.
• IPA Phonetic transcription for American and British English. (Optional In-App purchase)
• IPA Phonetic transcription for American Spanish, Caribbean Spanish, River Plate Spanish and Spanish from Spain. (Optional In-App purchase)
• Intelligent Word List Display: identifies multiple forms of plural and feminine as well as Spanish verb conjugations (even with a misplaced or a missing accent).
• Identically spelled words in both languages are displayed twice in the List (each with a flag).
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• 40,000+ Phrasal Examples cross-linked to 200,000+ phrases & their translations (Optional In-App purchase)
• 40,000+ famous quotes in both languages. Linked to root words.
• Optional display of syllable separation (Spanish words).
• Delete all favorite words with one button
• Shake for random word.
• Share via Facebook and Twitter.
• Search History - share by email.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Dropbox - Sync your favorites among your devices.
• Customize using available themes and fonts.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc.
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification, indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, Domestic, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 55,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
- 1,332 fish names & their translations
- 1,917 names of foods and dishes around the world & translations
- 8,248 names of famous historic characters
- 13,100 famous people of today in arts, movies, sports, politics, etc
- 10,672 geographical names, cites, countries, nationalities, etc.
- 4,255 names of largest corporations in the US and Europe
- 3,322 names of largest universities in the US and Europe
- 24,000 + bird names in English, Spanish and Latin. (as separate In-App purchase)
- 4,500 + new difficult words (as separate In-App purchase)
Voices powered by iSpeech.
What's New in Version 5.4.1
* Minor bug fixes.
Best practical app
I have on my iPhone and iPad many apps, the are just a few which I use on a regular basis and this is one of those.
Great content, I always find what I'm looking for, the sugestions and samples are so useful when I need help writing something; I really love the pronunciation feature because I'm reading and writing in english every day but I don't practice speaking much so I helps with my pronunciation.
The app is being update on a regular basis so you know is a product well taken care by the developers and you feel not abandoned.
I really recommend this app to anyone, is worth every cent you pay for.
Best Spanish dictionary in the app store
I bought the "all dictionaries" in-app purchase. This basically gives you the unabridged version. The app is continually updated.
Phrases, examples, verb conjugations are present and excellent. The search function searches for both Spanish and English words simultaneously. No toggling back and forth for Spanish and English.
If you don't want all the dictionaries, you can buy just the add-ons you want.
I highly recommend this dictionary.
This app has been extremely helpful to me. It is very thorough and gives multiple definitions and contexts. I also love that it has a feature that shows which countries a word may be slang to and that it also has a function which shows their conjugations.
I wish this company would produce dictionary apps like these in other languages!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Dec 11, 2013
- Version: 5.4.1
- Size: 275 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Word Magic Software Ltda.
- © 2013 Word Magic Software Ltda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Additional Examples$1.99
- All Dictionaries$11.99
- Phonetic Transcription (IPA)$1.99
- Difficult Words$1.99
- Medical Dictionary$4.99
- Business Dictionary$3.99
- High Tech Dictionary$3.99
- Law Dictionary$3.99
- Birds Dictionary$1.99