English-Spanish Reference Dictionary
By Word Magic Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
“This is a wonderful app that is intuitive, fast and astonishingly complete and up to date, including full, self-pronouncing conjugations with a choice of voices and dialects.” WORKS OFFLINE With over 718,000 entries, 524,000 translations, 558,000 synonyms, 98,000 definitions and 40,000 examples, voice feature and a huge collection of idiomatic expressions in both languages.
Recommended in the Store. Bilingual voice options for regional pronunciation and easy-to-follow verb conjugations create an interactive learning experience. Definitions and added examples are included in both languages and all terminology shows detailed classification, making gender, noun type or parts of speech easy to identify. Internet connection needed only for voices, images and spell-check.
• Conjugation of Spanish and English verbs, all persons & tenses.
• 2 million+ Spanish conjugated verbal forms fully identifiable as dictionary entries, plus another two million plurals and feminines of nouns impeccably inflected in Spanish with their exact equivalencies in English
• Enabled Search for plurals, feminine forms and verb conjugations.
• Natural-sounding voices for entries, definitions and examples in both languages (British and American English, European and American Spanish)
• Covers International, European, Latin American and Mexican Spanish.
• Covers American and British English.
• IPA Phonetic transcription for American and British English. (Optional In-App purchase)
• IPA Phonetic transcription for American Spanish, Caribbean Spanish, River Plate Spanish and Spanish from Spain. (Optional In-App purchase)
• Intelligent Word List Display: identifies multiple forms of plural and feminine as well as Spanish verb conjugations (even with a misplaced or a missing accent).
• Identically spelled words in both languages are displayed twice in the List (each with a flag).
• Fuzzy Search: Detects misspelled words simultaneously in English and Spanish, offering close suggestions.
• Innovative “Scan Function” for conceptual search of idioms and related phrases.
• 40,000+ Phrasal Examples cross-linked to 200,000+ phrases & their translations (Optional In-App purchase)
• 40,000+ famous quotes in both languages. Linked to root words.
• Optional display of syllable separation (Spanish words).
• Delete all favorite words with one button
• Shake for random word.
• Share via Facebook and Twitter.
• Search History - share by email.
• Mark Favorite Words easily.
• Dropbox - Sync your favorites among your devices.
• Customize using available themes and fonts.
- Translations, Definitions, Synonyms, Antonyms, Pictures, Examples and Quotes
- Clear-cut separation of meanings, identified with WM’s “Descriptive Tags”
- Part of Speech and other grammar attributes: Noun, Verb, Adj, etc.
- Noun type classification: Concrete, Abstract, Animate, Animal, etc.
- Color Code icon indicates word usage: Easy, Normal, Difficult or Technical
- Field Classification, indicates area of usage: Zoology, Chemistry, etc. - Idiomatic Use tags: Idiomatic, Slang, Figurative, Formal, Inf., etc.
- Colloquial words indicated with flag icon of each country
- On/Off display of slang, foreign or offensive words. Default ON.
- More than 55,000 color pictures help identify word meanings and context.
- 1,332 fish names & their translations
- 1,917 names of foods and dishes around the world & translations
- 8,248 names of famous historic characters
- 13,100 famous people of today in arts, movies, sports, politics, etc
- 10,672 geographical names, cites, countries, nationalities, etc.
- 4,255 names of largest corporations in the US and Europe
- 3,322 names of largest universities in the US and Europe
- 24,000 + bird names in English, Spanish and Latin. (as separate In-App purchase)
- 4,500 + new difficult words (as separate In-App purchase)
Voices by iSpeech.
What's New in Version 7.2.0
* Now you can set the number of words per test.
* Learned words and need to study words are removed from the general list.
* Flashcards are displayed at random.
* At the end of the flashcards test, you get a summary of your correct and incorrect words.
Also in this update:
* New search function within favorites.
* Updated database with hundreds of additions and corrections.
* Various bug fixes.
An updated alternative!
So, there I was, in Madrid. I lost the little langhenscheit spanish/English dictionary that I'd had for 35 yrs. despondent, I retraced my steps to no avail. My daughter suggested that I download one. I downloaded this one and have been a changed man ever since! Since it's on my phone, it's always with me plus it offers all the features that langenscheidt offered and more. Although I'm sorry I lost my keepsake dictionary, I'm happier that I found this one!
I speak read and write in both languages and this app has been fantastic. I love all the options it gives you when a word is found to continue searching similar meanings. I find it very useful and its very extensive. My only regret is not having it sooner. I've had no problems after any updates. I hope those that have could get them corrected cause its a great app.
Problem with App fixed
Not only was the problem conjugating verbs fixed but the company was quick to apologize for the problem and gave customers a free verb conjugation App while they were fixing the Problem. Good service!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Mar 30, 2015
- Version: 7.2.0
- Size: 270 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: Word Magic Software Ltda.
- © 2015 Word Magic Software Ltda.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Additional Examples$1.99
- All Dictionaries$11.99
- Difficult Words$1.99
- Flashcards and Favorites$1.99
- Phonetic Transcription (IPA)$1.99
- Medical Dictionary$4.99
- Business Dictionary$3.99
- Birds Dictionary$1.99
- High Tech Dictionary$3.99
- Law Dictionary$3.99