Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** 50% discount for a few more days ! ***
BeatMaker 2: the most advanced mobile music workstation.
Combining music production tools that were behind the success of countless artists, BeatMaker 2 is a powerful, easy-to-use composition interface for amateurs and professionals alike.
Build your own virtual home-studio, create multiple instruments and connect them to a full-range of audio effects.
Compose, record, arrange and transform your ideas into complete songs, ready to be shared with others.
Import your own sounds or use the sound library provided: more than 170 high-quality instrument and drum presets from synthesizers to realistic orchestral sounds. You can even import songs from your iPod library!
Connect your MIDI accessories for an external control of BeatMaker's instruments, effects and mixer, ideal for home-studio productions and live performances. Compatible with audio interfaces with the Camera Kit (iPad only).
Works on all iPhone, iPod and iPad models starting with third generation devices (iPhone3GS, iPod3G 32GB, iPhone 4/4S/5, all iPads).
- Create multiple instruments with Drum Machine, Keyboard Sampler, Audio Tracks
- 11 effects: Reverb, Compressor, Filter, Delay, EQ, Flanger, Chorus, AutoPan, BitCrusher, Overdrive, 6-Band Parametric EQ
- 3 effect slots for each instrument
- CoreMIDI support: connect your MIDI accessories to control instruments, effects and mixer.
* DRUM MACHINE:
- 128 trigger pads: 16 pads over 8 banks
- Chop Lab: Slice audio loops to automatically create new sound presets
- Control sound parameters on individual pad: volume, pan, mute, output bus, semitone, fine tune, reverse and autoscaling
- Low/high pass filter per pad
- Pad trigger modes: one-shot, hold & loop
- ADSR Envelope ADSR control for each pad
- Exclusive groups and polyphony management
- "Live" modes: trigger, mute, reverse, velocity and tune spreading.
- Pad copy & paste
* KEYBOARD SAMPLER
- 128-key keyboard with pitch wheel, double keyboard mode, note display and zoom controls
- Easily create your own instruments from any sample combination with the keygroup editor
- Volume and filter ADSR envelopes
- Low/high pass filter with key tracking
- 2 LFOs to control volume, pitch and filter parameters
- Polyphony control, up to 32 voices
- Legato play mode with glide
- Velocity layers
* AUDIO TRACKS:
- Add audio tracks for recording and sample playback directly on the sequencer
- Record multiple audio tracks simultaneously
- Gain and noise gate on audio inputs
- Support for disk streaming to load samples without consuming RAM
* MULTI-TRACK SEQUENCER
- Create unlimited instrument, audio and FX tracks
- Automations: Record, edit and replay instrument and effect parameters
- Record, draw, arrange and resize patterns along the timeline to build your song
- Compose and modify patterns with a piano-roll interface. Edit notes, parameters and automations.
- Instrument and effect recording options: Quantize, take or partial undo, pre-roll, Overdub, note erasing.
* WAVE EDITOR
- Full-fledged wave editor with intuitive interface for manipulating samples
- Basic edition tools: trim, cut, copy, paste, with undo/redo
- High quality time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithms
- Audio tools: normalize, silence, reverse, fade in and out, cross-fade
- Record new samples from microphone or instruments
- Loop points and tempo/signature editor
* MIXER CONSOLE
- Realistic multi-track mixer with level meters
- Edit volume, pan, solo, mute and bus routing features for each track
- Four sends available for each instrument/audio tracks
* LARGE SOUND BANK INCLUDED
* SHARING & GLOBAL OPTIONS
- MIDI files import/export
- MIDI Out, Sync, Thru support
- Virtual MIDI support
- Korg's WIST support
- Transfer files from/to your computer via iTunes or FTP
- Import songs from your iPod library to create new remixes
- Upload songs to your SoundCloud account
- DropBox support
- Share audio content via iOS pasteboard
What's New in Version 2.5.6
- Fixed resolution problem on iPhone 6 and 6+
- Fixed drag'n'drop / quick load issue
- Fixed an issue with Dropbox
- Dropbox updated to version 1.3.13
Essential to app for music production on the Go
Beatmaker 2 is my favorite mobile DAW. I love that when you record from other apps like EasyBeats3 for a drum beat then switch over to ampkit to lay down a bass track and finally a guitar track. It records them all on separate tracks which makes mixing and sequencing other midi instruments so simple. The interface can take a little while to get the hang of it, but all DAWs do. I found the user guide which is available online in PDF to be very helpful. BeatMaker 2 also comes with a huge assortment of its own build in instruments, it's so easy to write/sequence realistic sounding rhythms and melodies in midi especially since you can program notes from all the way from whole notes to 96th notes. I find the main reasons I keep using BM2 is that it's easy to use, is very reliable, and has everything I require in a mobile music workstation. It's also universal so buy it once for both IPhone and iPad use.
Clunky but powerful but also clunky.
I was already familiar with how to make music with DAWs when I downloaded this, but it was still bewildering at first, even after reading the manual. And re-reading it. Some of the interface elements are/were unintuitive: tap once on a selected track to delete it?? Hey where'd my work go?? This seems to have disappeared with updates but I still feel wary of tapping anything before knowing precisely what it will do.
The samples that come with the app are kinda 'eh', it is true. Beatmaker is most useful for editing and then sending MIDI to other synth apps. I have tried to use it as a recorder at the end of an Audiobus chain, but it crashes every time I try to capture audio coming in that way. Nanostudio is more reliable in that regard.
The sample editor may be the most compelling feature in the app. Again, the interface is obscure and the process complicated, but time stretching and pitch-shifting can still be done independently of each other, which is not possible in any other iOS app that I have yet found. But it is circuitous and frustrating to get what I want out of it.
If so much of the app were not the same way, I would use it more often than I do. As it is, Beatmaker is a useful tool in a small collection of iOS apps, but not something I would try to use alone to produce a finished piece.
The best music production app!!!!
I'm a music producer for over 10 years and most of my work has been done on hardware (MPC2000xl, Triton, Fantom, Maschine etc.) but lately do to the lack of time and space, I've been creating music of my iPhone using different apps. I started with Garage Band which was cool. I then purchased the iMPC and iMaschine app which both where pretty cool, specially the iMPC app cause I love to sample plus it reminds me of my MPC2000xl. All those apps where cool until I got my hands on the Beatmaker2 app. This is by far the best app to produced music, period!!! I could do it all with this app! A lot of new hip hop artist I deal with, they looking for that south (trap/drill) sound and this app helped me take my down south sounds beats to another level. Thanks you intua!!!!! I definitely recommend it to all ya producer, no matter whether just starting or been doing it for years, it's a great app for beats on the go!!!!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Oct 08, 2014
- Version: 2.5.6
- Size: 535 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: INTUA
- © INTUA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- South Chiefs$7.99
- Prime Loops - Dirty South Heroes$3.99
- 9TH Street$4.99
- Essential Pack$5.99
- Prime Loops - Midnight R&B Gold$3.99
- Prime Loops - East Coast Hip Hop Volume 1$3.99
- Southern Homie$6.99
- Emerge Audio Dubstep Destruction$5.99
- Prime Loops - West Coast Anthology$3.99
- Prime Loops - Hip Hop Genius$3.99