Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** 50% discount for a few more days ! ***
BeatMaker 2: the most advanced mobile music workstation.
Combining music production tools that were behind the success of countless artists, BeatMaker 2 is a powerful, easy-to-use composition interface for amateurs and professionals alike.
Build your own virtual home-studio, create multiple instruments and connect them to a full-range of audio effects.
Compose, record, arrange and transform your ideas into complete songs, ready to be shared with others.
Import your own sounds or use the sound library provided: more than 170 high-quality instrument and drum presets from synthesizers to realistic orchestral sounds. You can even import songs from your iPod library!
Connect your MIDI accessories for an external control of BeatMaker's instruments, effects and mixer, ideal for home-studio productions and live performances. Compatible with audio interfaces with the Camera Kit (iPad only).
Works on all iPhone, iPod and iPad models starting with third generation devices (iPhone3GS, iPod3G 32GB, iPhone 4/4S/5, all iPads).
- Create multiple instruments with Drum Machine, Keyboard Sampler, Audio Tracks
- 11 effects: Reverb, Compressor, Filter, Delay, EQ, Flanger, Chorus, AutoPan, BitCrusher, Overdrive, 6-Band Parametric EQ
- 3 effect slots for each instrument
- CoreMIDI support: connect your MIDI accessories to control instruments, effects and mixer.
* DRUM MACHINE:
- 128 trigger pads: 16 pads over 8 banks
- Chop Lab: Slice audio loops to automatically create new sound presets
- Control sound parameters on individual pad: volume, pan, mute, output bus, semitone, fine tune, reverse and autoscaling
- Low/high pass filter per pad
- Pad trigger modes: one-shot, hold & loop
- ADSR Envelope ADSR control for each pad
- Exclusive groups and polyphony management
- "Live" modes: trigger, mute, reverse, velocity and tune spreading.
- Pad copy & paste
* KEYBOARD SAMPLER
- 128-key keyboard with pitch wheel, double keyboard mode, note display and zoom controls
- Easily create your own instruments from any sample combination with the keygroup editor
- Volume and filter ADSR envelopes
- Low/high pass filter with key tracking
- 2 LFOs to control volume, pitch and filter parameters
- Polyphony control, up to 32 voices
- Legato play mode with glide
- Velocity layers
* AUDIO TRACKS:
- Add audio tracks for recording and sample playback directly on the sequencer
- Record multiple audio tracks simultaneously
- Gain and noise gate on audio inputs
- Support for disk streaming to load samples without consuming RAM
* MULTI-TRACK SEQUENCER
- Create unlimited instrument, audio and FX tracks
- Automations: Record, edit and replay instrument and effect parameters
- Record, draw, arrange and resize patterns along the timeline to build your song
- Compose and modify patterns with a piano-roll interface. Edit notes, parameters and automations.
- Instrument and effect recording options: Quantize, take or partial undo, pre-roll, Overdub, note erasing.
* WAVE EDITOR
- Full-fledged wave editor with intuitive interface for manipulating samples
- Basic edition tools: trim, cut, copy, paste, with undo/redo
- High quality time-stretching and pitch-shifting algorithms
- Audio tools: normalize, silence, reverse, fade in and out, cross-fade
- Record new samples from microphone or instruments
- Loop points and tempo/signature editor
* MIXER CONSOLE
- Realistic multi-track mixer with level meters
- Edit volume, pan, solo, mute and bus routing features for each track
- Four sends available for each instrument/audio tracks
* LARGE SOUND BANK INCLUDED
* SHARING & GLOBAL OPTIONS
- MIDI files import/export
- MIDI Out, Sync, Thru support
- Virtual MIDI support
- Korg's WIST support
- Transfer files from/to your computer via iTunes or FTP
- Import songs from your iPod library to create new remixes
- Upload songs to your SoundCloud account
- DropBox support
- Share audio content via iOS pasteboard
What's New in Version 2.6.0
* Fix an issue with ARM/MUTE/OPTIONS buttons on track headers on newer devices
* Fix audio artefacts that might occur when recording at rates higher than 44.1kHz
The DAW I come back to
BM2 has pretty complete functionality for me. I like the clip approach to the sequencer where editing a clip changes all of the same ones. I don't use the built in sounds but like to midi out to synths and record back in. There are a lot of mediocre sounds, and the drum presets have some poor additions. Luckily you can mix and match and load your own samples and edit them too.
Learning the interface takes too much time. There are too many windows and too much switching to do simple things. There is hidden functionality, like automation, which one has to research online to figure out how to do. The file management is a mess too. It all works and allows you to do many things, you just have to keep the UI map in your head. Reading the manual is required as too little is intuitive enough to figure it out without it.
One thing that is lacking is IAA for effects. The onboard effects are ok enough, but there are much better on iOS. This would be a much welcome addition towards a more complete DAW experience. Overall for me, I can do what I want pretty well and pretty quickly, so I come back to it often.
Best iPhone DAW so far
I mainly use Pro Tools, Logic, and Reason - Beatmaker 2, so far, is as close as it gets on an iPhone. Yes, most of the built in samples are uninspiring but this app's strength is FUNCTIONALITY and VERSATILITY. For instance, you can map, edit, tune and filter samples; not even Music Studio can do all that (and Music Studio is my daily go to app for MIDI and teaching). Among other things, you can even automate the faders and effects. You can easily import / export samples through Dropbox.
By far the dopest mobile recording studio out there. Been using beatmaker since beatmaker 1. Never a complaint here. Always have my iPad with me and shure microphone just in case inspiration hits love it for that reason.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jun 02, 2016
- Version: 2.6.0
- Size: 545 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: INTUA
- © INTUA
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- South Chiefs$7.99
- Prime Loops - Dirty South Heroes$3.99
- 9TH Street$4.99
- Essential Pack$5.99
- Prime Loops - Midnight R&B Gold$3.99
- Southern Homie$6.99
- Prime Loops - East Coast Hip Hop Volume 1$3.99
- Prime Loops - West Coast Anthology$3.99
- Emerge Audio Dubstep Destruction$5.99
- Prime Loops - Hip Hop Genius$3.99