By ONKYO CORPORATION
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Onkyo Remote Control App is an official Onkyo application for iPhone/iPod touch that lets you intuitively operate Onkyo network A/V receivers. Available as a free download, it is compatible with all network-capable Onkyo A/V receivers released in 2009 or later.
Functions Enabled by Onkyo Remote Control App:
(1) Internet radio operation. Stations can be selected by hand, without the need to view a TV display;
(2) Control of streaming audio files from a DLNA-compatible server. An iPhone/iPod touch can be used to select music directly from the server;
(3) General remote-control button operations;
(4) Unique volume-control operation, with accelerometer;
(5) Information such as radio-station frequency displayed when listening to radio. (Note: available only on A/V receivers with a built-in radio tuner);
(6) Links to the latest surround technology information and new product promotion videos.
(1) After the start-up screen has finished loading, press “Input Address”;
(2) Following the menu prompts, input your country, product category, and product number;
(3) Input IP address. (To get IP address, start the A/V receiver, press the “Setup” button on the A/V receiver’s remote controller, and select “Hardware Setup”, then “Network”. The IP address is then shown on the on-screen display.);
(4) Select “OK”, and then “Connect” on the confirmation screen.
Compatible iPhone/iPod touch Models: iPhone 3GS or later, running iOS 4.2 or later; iPod touch 3rd generation or later.
Compatible A/V Receivers/Controllers:
2009 models: TX-NR807, TX-NR1007, TX-NR3007, TX-NR5007, HT-RC180, PR-SC5507.
2010 models: TX-NR708, TX-NR808, TX-NR1008, TX-NR3008, TX-NR5008, HT-RC270, PR-SC5508.
2011 models: TX-NR509, TX-NR579, TX-NR609, HT-RC360.
Enjoy the new world of audio convenience with this free app.
What's New in Version 1.1
Add Compatible A/V Receivers :
2011 models : TX-NR509, TX-NR579, TX-NR609, HT-RC360.
Awesome App - Make an iPad version
Just got a TX-8050 receiver and downloaded this app. Set up was super easy and now I can fully control the receiver from anywhere in the house or back yard. I was looking to spend much more for a Harmony remote the wouldn't have had nearly the functionality. Fully compatible with all the internet radio functionality (I use Slacker). It's just amazing.
Yes, it could be improved and a true iPad version would be great, but I think this may be one of my most used and time saving apps.
Works Great for Me
After reading the negative reviews, I my expectations were pretty low. I ordered an Onkyo TX-NR414 for the express purpose of playing my iTunes collection from a DLNA compatible network attached storage device and to stream audio from Sirius XM.
The combination of the App and my receiver is awesome! The App easily found the receiver and my DLNA device and I'm in audio heaven on my home officewith everything working as advertised.
Installation and connection was a snap. I was up and running in 2 minutes after downloading remote 1 for my tx-nr509. All basic functions are now available to me on my phone. The best part is I can scroll through the countless stations available on internet radio on my iPhone sitting 15 feet away on the couch instead of having to stand close to the receiver to read the display. Awesome app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 09, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: ONKYO CORPORATION
- © Onkyo Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.