By ONKYO CORPORATION
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Onkyo Remote Control App is an official Onkyo application for iPhone/iPod touch that lets you intuitively operate Onkyo network A/V receivers. Available as a free download, it is compatible with all network-capable Onkyo A/V receivers released in 2009 or later.
Functions Enabled by Onkyo Remote Control App:
(1) Internet radio operation. Stations can be selected by hand, without the need to view a TV display;
(2) Control of streaming audio files from a DLNA-compatible server. An iPhone/iPod touch can be used to select music directly from the server;
(3) General remote-control button operations;
(4) Unique volume-control operation, with accelerometer;
(5) Information such as radio-station frequency displayed when listening to radio. (Note: available only on A/V receivers with a built-in radio tuner);
(6) Links to the latest surround technology information and new product promotion videos.
(1) After the start-up screen has finished loading, press “Input Address”;
(2) Following the menu prompts, input your country, product category, and product number;
(3) Input IP address. (To get IP address, start the A/V receiver, press the “Setup” button on the A/V receiver’s remote controller, and select “Hardware Setup”, then “Network”. The IP address is then shown on the on-screen display.);
(4) Select “OK”, and then “Connect” on the confirmation screen.
Compatible iPhone/iPod touch Models: iPhone 3GS or later, running iOS 4.2 or later; iPod touch 3rd generation or later.
Compatible A/V Receivers/Controllers:
2009 models: TX-NR807, TX-NR1007, TX-NR3007, TX-NR5007, HT-RC180, PR-SC5507.
2010 models: TX-NR708, TX-NR808, TX-NR1008, TX-NR3008, TX-NR5008, HT-RC270, PR-SC5508.
2011 models: TX-NR509, TX-NR579, TX-NR609, HT-RC360.
Enjoy the new world of audio convenience with this free app.
What's New in Version 1.1
Add Compatible A/V Receivers :
2011 models : TX-NR509, TX-NR579, TX-NR609, HT-RC360.
Awesome App - Make an iPad version
Just got a TX-8050 receiver and downloaded this app. Set up was super easy and now I can fully control the receiver from anywhere in the house or back yard. I was looking to spend much more for a Harmony remote the wouldn't have had nearly the functionality. Fully compatible with all the internet radio functionality (I use Slacker). It's just amazing.
Yes, it could be improved and a true iPad version would be great, but I think this may be one of my most used and time saving apps.
I'm fairly tech-savy, and I can't get my phone to recognize the Onkyo TXNR-609. This model is listed as compatible, but when I launch the app, it's not listed as a model to select. And I don't understand how the auto-detect is supposed to work, my phone is indeed on the same network as my Onkyo & it's not auto-detecting anything, & there's no button for auto-detect... All my software is up-to-date so I would say right now this app doesn't work w/an Iphone 3G and Onkyo 609... There is no anwer anywhere online, I've search and searched, I'm very annoyed right now. Has anyone gotten the 609 to work w/this? If so please explain step-by-step not skipping even the most simple detail please!
Installation and connection was a snap. I was up and running in 2 minutes after downloading remote 1 for my tx-nr509. All basic functions are now available to me on my phone. The best part is I can scroll through the countless stations available on internet radio on my iPhone sitting 15 feet away on the couch instead of having to stand close to the receiver to read the display. Awesome app.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 09, 2011
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 3.4 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: ONKYO CORPORATION
- © Onkyo Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.