National Geographic Magazine
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Ranked best among newsstand apps for 2012 by Apple. National Geographic magazine is available on iPhone and iPad. Subscribe once and get National Geographic magazine on both devices. Existing print and digital subscribers get complimentary access to both editions.
Here are details on our subscription* offers:
Annual subscription: $19.99 (12 issues)
Monthly subscription: $1.99/month (1 issue)
Single issues: $4.99/issue
Back issues of National Geographic magazine for iPad start with our February 2011 issue and November 2012 for iPhone.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
About the National Geographic Society
The National Geographic Society has been inspiring people to care about the planet since 1888. It is one of the largest nonprofit scientific and educational institutions in the world. Its interests include geography, archaeology, and natural science, and the promotion of environmental and historical conservation.
What's New in Version 2.5.1
App icon and branding updates
Wonderful. Finally able to read my Nat Geos. Picture quality awesome, haven't needed to change text size. One complaint so far... When my phone auto locks after not having touched the screen for a few minutes (I think mine is set to auto lock at 5 minutes) it scrolls you all the back to the beginning of the article!!!!!!! Losing your place while reading, having to go back and find where you ACTUALLY left off. That's my only problem so far with the app. Otherwise, hooray for Nat Geo!!!
Gorgeous graphics and use of device
I rarely take the time to write app reviews but wanted to comment on this on. I view this on an iPad and the graphics are stunning. NG also makes an effort to take advantage of the medium so you don't just get repurposed magazine content on a digital device. Its a beautiful experience.
App needs some improvements
I love national geographic but this app needs some improvements. The content layout should be optimized for the iphone 6 plus bigger screen. Also the app should have the capability to change the text color background to black so it's easier on your eyes at nighttime. Please make these upgrades to your app and I will definitely give 5 stars.
- Category: News
- Updated: Aug 27, 2015
- Version: 2.5.1
- Size: 14.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Society
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Geographic magazine$19.99
- National Geographic magazine$1.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2012 issue$4.99
- October 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2011 Issue $4.99
- December 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine March 2012 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine June 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine May 2011 Issue$4.99
- January 2012 Issue$4.99