National Geographic Magazine
By National Geographic Society
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
**PLEASE NOTE, the National Geographic digital edition will no longer be available for iPhone 4 devices as of the January 2017 issue. If this impacts access to your digital subscription and you cannot or do not wish to access your subscription via another Apple device, you can request a refund for the remainder of your subscription by contacting Apple Support via the following link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039
**If you purchased a subscription directly through National Geographic, please contact magazine customer service at 1-800-895-2068.
National Geographic magazine is available on iPhone and iPad. Subscribe once and get National Geographic magazine on both devices. Existing print and digital subscribers get complimentary access to both editions.
Here are details on our subscription* offers:
Annual subscription: $19.99 (12 issues)
Monthly subscription: $1.99/month (1 issue)
Single issues: $4.99/issue
Back issues of National Geographic magazine for iPad start with our February 2011 issue and November 2012 for iPhone.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24hours of the end of the current period, and the cost of the renewal will be provided.
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user. Auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s iTunes Account Settings after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
What's New in Version 2.5.2
General bug fixes and optimizations for iOS10
Not bad; needs some polish
Overall, this is a decent app. It allows you to view the full content of the magazine (along with some cool videos) on your mobile device, and I haven't had any issues with crashes or bugs.
However, there are a couple little features that are missing that would definitely improve the app. When you switch apps or swipe from one article in the other (which can happen very easily on accident), it will jump you back to the top of the article; meaning you have to hunt your way back to where you were like a nesting sea turtle ;). I would also like to be able to view articles in landscape view; that or another way to maximize/zoom gallery photos. Photography is the strongest feature of the magazine, and it's hard to appreciate it fully when the photos are so small.
I have been subscribing for many years. On last February I subscribed for a year. However the apps froze and I had to delete and download the apps again. However I couldn't restore purchases nor download latest edition. I had tried any solutions method available on their site and others available on the internet. But the problem was nit solved. It seems that the apps doesn't recognize me as a subscriber.
I had mail their customer service team for about ten times. They kept giving same reply and excuses. Once they asked me, my iTunes ID and proof of subscription to restore my account which I replied already but after that nothing happen and when I send back email, I kept going back to square one.
Not to mention that NG customer service team and Apple iTune service passing and tossing me around like ball for weeks. The problem is still not solved
Totally awesome magazine app!!
I love the electronic version of National Geographic Magazine. Have been a subscriber for more than 20 yrs. and nothing is better than the electronic version of it with animation, videos and 3D viewing of photos.
Not sure what the complaints are about, as I have NEVER experience any problem. The mobile version is surprisingly readable (I was not sure how it would look on my iPhone) but once I tried it (I started by exclusively reading it on my full size iPads and mini iPad) it looks surprisingly good, sharp and readable.
Awesome job, National Geographic! I am a lifelong fan of your magazine! Keep up the good work!
- Category: News
- Updated: Sep 15, 2016
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 27.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: National Geographic Society
- © National Geographic Partners
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- National Geographic magazine$1.99
- National Geographic magazine$19.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2012 issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine April 2011 Issue $4.99
- National Geographic Magazine June 2011 Issue$4.99
- October 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine May 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine July 2011 Issue$4.99
- December 2011 Issue$4.99
- National Geographic Magazine March 2012 Issue$4.99