News360: Your Personalized News Reader
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
News360 gathers news articles and blog posts around the web and, by learning what you enjoy, brings you content that you’ll find interesting and important.
• Featured by Apple in “New & Noteworthy”, “What’s Hot”
As you discover and read great stories, the artificial intelligence behind News360 learns what kinds of articles you prefer and, with your permission, can analyze how you use Facebook, Twitter and other services to help tailor the news feeds to your interests. The more you use News360 - the smarter it gets. In addition, for every major story, News360 provides coverage from all possible sources combining text, photography and video to give you a full, 360° view of the issues and to help you identify bias and inaccuracy.
• "Apps We Like: News360" — The Wall Street Journal
• "News360 is excellent, innovative, and free" — The Unofficial Apple Weblog
• “News360 is changing the content delivery game” — Robert Scoble
• Appy Awards - Best News App 2013
***** “[...] If you are looking for a news app that covers everything this app is a must have.”
***** “Best news app for iPad hands down. Great picture displays, smooth reader, and perfect aggregate consolidation for giving you a variety of news sources to view.”
• A beautiful interface that allows you to quickly scan headlines, preview stories and dive deep into the content
• More than 50,000 sources, from the top national news providers, to local and niche sites and blogs
• The Home feed - stories from the day’s headline news and your specific interests are merged together into a single stream, so that you don’t have to jump between sources and topics to avoid missing anything important
• A flexible and smart personalization system, so that you can tailor your news however you want, by choosing the topics, sources, companies and people you want to follow, and News360 will pick up on the nuances of your interests as you read
• Synchronize your interests and saved stories with News360 on your phone or at news360.com
• Local news using GPS
• Tons of sharing and export options
Follow us on Twitter @news360app or on Facebook to get the latest news and updates about News360.
What's New in Version 3.5
Introducing News360 International Editions!
Users in the UK, Canada and Australia (more editions coming soon) can now configure News360 to use a local 'edition', prioritizing national stories, sources and topics - you'll see an prompt to do this after you update, and you can change your edition later in Settings.
No more stories about Obamacare in the outback or the Superbowl in the East End!
(You still can if you want to, of course)
The concept for this app is very good, but the execution is actually rather poor. There are apps like like News Republic that do a much better job.
First, when you go to the homepage to look at the "top stories" you actually only see one story. Then you have to swipe to find the next story. You don't get to choose among the top stories which one you would like to read, because you don't know what stories are coming next.
Second, if you do choose to read the story, you don't actually see the whole story, but have to go to yet another screen to get past the introductory summary to see the entire story. Of course, this next screen starts with the same summary, which is an inefficient waste time.
Finally, once you're in the story you can't just tap the button to get back to the home screen; rather, you have to hit the menu button and then hit the home button.
If you want to have a news app that pulls from multiple sources, and will personalize the news for you, but is designed in a way that is efficient and easy to use, I highly recommend News. Republic. It is the best of all of the news apps I have tried, and I have tried a lot.
Disappointed in last two updates
Prior to the last two updates I really like this app. However in the last two updates I feel the quality of the app has definitely diminished. Not only does it not find all the stories that it used to find but now I have to select the sub categories in order to read all those stories. For example I have a section for Apple which expand into two categories. Now I have to select each of those individual categories in order to read all the stories. Also The last update added new categories and completely reordered my personal choices. The user should not have to reset up the categories that he had originally chosen. I find this very very disappointing and annoying. Thank you. Thank you for listening. I hope that this feedback is of use to you and that these issues can be corrected.
My favorite news app out there!
I'm very picky about the way I consume news on my mobile devices. This app makes the most sense in terms of customizing and quick viewing. It's incredibly user friendly and after trying about 10 other news apps, I finally found this one to stop on!
- Category: News
- Updated: Mar 07, 2014
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 30.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: News360 Ltd.
- © 2013 News360 Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.