iCookbook – thousands of name-brand recipes with easy Voice Control prep
By Publications International, Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
iCookbook™ with Voice Command: Features over 2,000 kitchen tested recipes from the brands you love (like getting 20 big cookbooks!) and free monthly updates! Winner of the 2012 & 2013 Appy Award for Best Cooking App!
The iCookbook™ team of FOOD EXPERTS and ACCREDITED NUTRITIONISTS have selected recipes that use readily accessible (and affordable) ingredients to inspire and help answer your family’s nightly question: what’s for dinner?
FREE recipes every month!
Every month, the iCookbook™ team will carefully select new recipes that you can add to your collection at NO ADDITIONAL COST!
STILL WANT MORE?
Special recipe collections including Sesame Street’s Silly Snacks, 30 Minute Main Dishes, Springtime Treats and more are available for purchase in addition to your free monthly updates.
More than just recipes. iCookbook™ is a complete cooking solution for your kitchen,
• Voice Commands: Completely unique to iCookbook™ is a hands free voice command. You can proceed through the preparation steps without touching the iPad or iPhone screen. Just speak the simple command to move to the next step, manage timers, view notes [iPad only], and more.
• Prepare Mode: Unique to iCookbook™, the Prepare feature provides an enhanced display of a recipe you can read at a distance from the iPad and iPhone.
• Stir it Up: Feeling adventurous? Press Stir and iCookbook™ offers a selection of randomly chosen recipes based on a particular search or filter criteria [Shake to stir on iPhone].
• My Recipe Box: Quickly save recipes for easy retrieval. Simply drag and drop a recipe to add it to your Recipe Box.
• Meal Builder: Drag and drop recipes into Meal Builder to assemble your own custom menus.
• Shopping List: Tag ingredients directly from a recipe to your shopping list then print or email your list.
• Printing: Print recipes to any AirPrint™ compatible printer.
• Share: Facebook & email compatible connect any recipe to all your friends to let them know what you are cooking.
• Personalize the Recipes: Our Notes feature allows you to record your ideas and comments for each iCookbook™ recipe, as well as add your own personal recipes and photos to the collection.
• Kitchen Tools: Multiple timers, substitution lists, and measurement conversion charts.
“It’s easy to use, useful, and makes it easy to expand your meal options. The monthly free recipes are a nice bonus.” – Mac Observer
“If cooks only have one cookbook, iCookbook should be the one.” – Tina of AppTudes
Developed by Publications International. Ltd.
Publications International develops and sells more than 9 million cookbooks a year. iCookbook™ for iPad and iPhone includes more than 2,000 hand selected recipes from your favorite brand name brands like Crock-Pot®, KitchenAid®, Swanson®, Hershey®, Philadelphia Cream Cheese®, Nestlé® and more! Each recipe has been rigorously tested either by the iCookbook™ team or the extensive testing process of your favorite brands, so you know they will turn out perfect each and every time!
What's New in Version 3.4.1
Bug Fixes for iOS 7
The App stop working
This app was nice but now it does not work at all. If this can not be fixed then all in app purchases should be refunded. I put a lot work into this app including my own recipes with pictures. This could be a great app if it still worked. So not happy right now. Money does not grow on trees and if I take my hard owned money and spend on a product then the expectation is if it does not work then the company needs to stand behind its product and either fix or refund money
Apple should do a better job of monitoring these apps for quality...please fix the app
Easy to use
App is easy to use and so far the meals we've made have been good. We both work long hours in the med field so having this app to help us try new things, esp in the 30 min or less category has been a new fun way for us to spend time together. The diabetic version is great for lower carb options too!
Updated review: There is almost no value in this app.
(1)They haven't put out a new recipe packet since December 2013.
(2)Recipes must be typed and retyped because the app looses them.
(3)The search feature is useless. If you ask it for vegetable dishes you will get it all fish, chicken, beef, and vegetable.
I bought this as an electronic recipe box more than two years ago. I've gotten my moneys worth but anyone who purchases at this point will not. I have moved on and I am excited about my new recipe app.
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Oct 21, 2013
- Version: 3.4.1
- Size: 37.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Publications International Ltd.
- © Publications International, Ltd. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Extraordinary Slow Cooker Recipes$0.99
- Light Smoothies$0.99
- 300-Calorie Main Dishes$1.99
- Slow Cooker Weeknight Favorites$2.99
- Championship Chili$0.99
- Crock-Pot® Diet Collection$2.99
- Gourmet Burgers$0.99
- Chinese Favorites$2.99
- 6 Ingredient Slow Cooker Recipes$3.99
- Mexican Fiesta$0.99