By EveryWare Technologies
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Have you ever listened to light? With Light Detector, now you can!
Light Detector transforms any natural or artificial light source it encounters into sound. Light Detector is easy to use! Just run the application and point your iPhone camera in any direction. You will hear a higher or lower sound depending on the intensity of the light.
If you are blind, Light Detector helps you to be more independent in many daily activities. At home, point your iPhone towards the ceiling to understand where the light fixtures are and whether they are switched on. In a room, move the device along the wall to check if there is a window and where it is. You can find out whether the shades are drawn by moving the device up and down.
Bring Light Detector with you to discover what is around you at the speed of light.
What's New in Version 1.1
- LightDetector is now more accurate while measuring light intensity.
- Tap on the screen to hear (if VoiceOver is enabled) the current luminosity value (from 0 to 100%). The result can be provided with a short delay (within three seconds).
- If you tap and hold, LightDetector stops playing.
No fuss; no frills. This little beauty does quickly and reliably what it says it does. The upgrade makes it possible to detect a blinking as opposed to a steady light source in some cases. I also appreciate the ability to mute the sound without closing the app. I use this app all the time.
This is a great app, because I have no light perception, this app is invaluable to me. People come to my home leave a light on I don't know if it's on or off so I use this app to check that. Great work great app much appreciated.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 30, 2012
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.1 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: EveryWare Technologies
- © 2011 EveryWare Technologies
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.