PodCruncher podcast app - Player and manager for podcasts
By Obsessive Coders, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Finally, a full-featured podcast app that just works - no hiccups or crashes. Download and stream episodes, manage subscriptions, create playlists, discover new podcasts. Crafted with love - extremely fast, smooth, and easy to use.
"Podcast addicts will love this app" - AppAdvice
PODCASTS DELIVERED YOUR WAY
• Complete iTunes catalog: 250,000+ podcasts
• Download and stream over WiFi and Cellular
• Play pre-downloaded episodes when off-line
• New episodes auto-downloaded in background
• Lightning-fast feed updates and downloads
• Never have to sync with computer again
• Quick start by importing your subscriptions
UNMATCHED PLAYBACK CONTROL
• Playback speed: 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, 2x, 0.5x
• Continuous playback, edit Up Next on the fly
• Gestures for play/stop, fwd/back, next/previous
• Adjustable skip intervals for fwd/back buttons
• Precise multi-speed slider for fine scrubbing
• Landscape and full-screen modes for video
• Listen in background, even to video episodes
• Control remotely while driving or exercising
• Lock screen controls and episode information
• AirPlay support, Bluetooth audio and controls
• Sleep timer
DISCOVER NEW PODCASTS
• Browse top podcasts in 16 categories
• Search by podcast title, author, or description
• Select country for searching and browsing
• Import and Export subscriptions in Opml format
• Subscribe to any podcast feed using its URL
• Full support for password-protected podcasts
• Create regular and smart playlists
• Add, remove, rearrange episodes in playlists
• Smart playlists with many filter and sort options
• Set auto-download rules for new episodes
• Or select episodes and start download manually
• Manage download activity in the queue
• Share episodes by email, twitter, facebook
CONTACT US: EMAIL, FOLLOW, LIKE, SHARE
What's New in Version 3.2
If you like new version, please consider giving it 5 stars after update. Thank you!
• Fixed playback problems
• Improved sound quality at high speeds
• New look of lock screen buttons (iOS 7.1)
Among the Best Podcast Apps
There are only two things missing from this app to make it my daily driver for listening to podcasts, both of which are personal preferences and do not relate to the usability of the app itself (this app is incredibly usable):
1. External sync
2. Silence skip
Podcast discovery would also be a nice addition, but not something I personally need in a podcast player. EDIT: podcast discovery is actually okay, better than many others (eg Castro, Network).
Also, there is a random bug that pops up sometimes, moving the scrubber on its own, possibly related to listening at increased speeds. But it's random, infrequent, and difficult to reproduce.
Otherwise this really is a perfect app and delightfully customizable - it will absolutely conform to your individual use preferences. More than that, even with all the customizable views and playlists, it does not feel cluttered. The settings aren't confusing and everything just works.
I've purchased all podcast apps (I can count at least 12, all if the big guys and a bunch of the little ones) and this is as close as any of them come to perfect. Silence skip had become too important for me recently, so I haven't been able to use PodCruncher fulltime.
Needs skip silence feature, more adjustable speed, and keyword downloading.
Overall pretty good podcast app but needs skip silence feature and maybe more adjustable playback speed. I have yet to find a podcast app that lets adjust the speed better than .25. I like have the option to play at 1.3 or 1.45 if i want. Also i finally figured out which podcasts had downloaded. The apple podcast app does a better job on that part and it's free. Lastly, I have a podcast I want downloaded automatically. One problem, it is a network and they make about 30-40 podcasts in that channel each day for the multiple shows on that network (example tastytrade). It would be nice to be able to download just the shows i want and not every single show on the podcast channel automatically( maybe keyword download per podcast setting).
It just *works*!
Unlike other Podcast apps out there (I'm looking at you, Cupertino!), this app works very well. The search, playlists, and episode management features are all intuitively presented. The multiple scheduled download options are great. As in the title, it just works.
One feature I'd like to see (if the developers are reading this!) would be the ability to mark 'all' episodes as played or unplayed, rather than having to tag them one by one. Not a big deal, I still give the app a full 5.
***update! They now support mass selection of episodes, and fully customizable playlists. It's the best podcast app out there, IMHO.