PodCruncher podcast app - Player and manager for podcasts
By Obsessive Coders, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Finally, a full-featured podcast app that works - no hiccups or crashes. Download and stream episodes, manage subscriptions, create playlists, discover new podcasts. Crafted with love - extremely fast, smooth, and easy to use.
"Podcast addicts will love this app" - AppAdvice
PODCASTS DELIVERED YOUR WAY
• Hundreds of thousands of free podcasts
• Download and stream over WiFi and 3G
• Play pre-downloaded episodes off-line
• Options to minimize or eliminate 3G usage
• Lightning-fast (few seconds) feed refresh
• Never have to sync with computer again
• Quick start by importing your subscriptions
UNMATCHED PLAYBACK CONTROL
• Playback speed: 1x, 1.25x, 1.5x, 1.75x, 2x, 0.5x
• Control remotely while driving or exercising
• Play episodes in sequence with auto-advance
• Adjustable skip intervals for fwd/back buttons
• Dedicated buttons for next/previous episode
• Precise multi-speed slider for fine scrubbing
• Landscape and full-screen modes for video
• Listen in background, even to video episodes
• Now Playing episode displayed on lock screen
• AirPlay support for audio and video
• Sleep timer
DISCOVER NEW PODCASTS
• Browse Top-100 podcasts in 16 categories
• Search by podcast title, author, or description
• Select country for searching and browsing
• Import and Export subscriptions in Opml format
• Subscribe to any podcast feed using its URL
• Full support for password-protected podcasts
• Create playlists to filter and group episodes
• 6 smart playlists are already included
• Set auto-download rules for new episodes
• Or select episodes and start download manually
• Manage download activity in the queue
• Share episodes by email, twitter, facebook
CONTACT US: EMAIL, FOLLOW, LIKE, SHARE
What's New in Version 2.2
• Support for high resolution podcast artwork
• Improved startup, feed update, scrolling
• Faster and smoother, uses less memory
• Fixed bug causing loss of playback position
I have been using this app for years and I have to say it's just about as perfect as you can get. I use it just about every day for the various podcasts I like to listen while I drive which is just about all the time in my line of work. One small suggestion I would make is to scroll Podcast titles for podcasts with long titles which span past the edge of the screen. It's a pain not being able to see the full title. But even that is minor. I love how it keeps track of unplayed and partially played podcasts. I wish music player for the iPhone would do that for audio books.
Used many others-This is the best
As an avid podcaster, Ive tried so many podcasting apps it's crazy. Podcruncher has all the right features and it's FAST. Two minor tweaks would be great: The ability to delete all downloads for just one feed (must delete individual episodes or ALL feeds content now). And when updating the feed it would be great if your on a feed that the update would only update the feed your on... as it is now all feeds are updated even if your only interested in the one your on ( ie morning news feeds). Though podcruncher definitely has the fastest feed updater I've used...
Tired of Apple's Podcast app...
... but I stayed with it because I didn't realize there were any good alternatives. There are. This app. More ability to customize & run my podcasts the way *I* want. Which is why I started using Apple products in the first place.
I listen to hours of podcasts because I'm ADHD & find it is a great way to sleep rather than driving patient hubby crazy leaving TV on all night. I sleep; he doesn't. Listening to podcasts with head phones = we both get rest. I find podcasts work better for me than most music.
This app is a sanity-saver. If you find yourself regularly annoyed with the Apple app, seriously. Try this!
- Category: News
- Updated: Apr 19, 2013
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Obsessive Coders, Inc.
- © 2012 Obsessive Coders, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.