Flip Clock - Beautiful Weather Clock for iPad
By Lifelike Apps, Inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate desk clock and alarm clock app in one. This is the award winning, ad-free version which lets you select your own photos to create your own personal slideshow! View the demo video at http://vimeo.com/24503397
The background slideshow shows gorgeous images (from Flickr) corresponding to your current weather and/or part of the day. Wake up to breathtaking sunrise photos. Snowing outside? Beautiful snow photos will be displayed.
And with advanced alarm clock feature such iPod music alarms and weekday repeat options you can use it as your everyday alarm clock too. It even offers the unique feature of letting you automatically share your mood and wake-up song on Facebook and Twitter when you wake-up to the alarm in the morning!
BEAUTIFUL BACKGROUND IMAGES:
- Includes hundreds of gorgeous weather related images including skies, landscapes, flowers, oceans expressing various weather conditions.
SMART ALARM CLOCK / DESK CLOCK FEATURES
- Unlimited, easy-to-set alarms
- Menu option that lets you override the iPad's auto-lock mode
- Several built-in alarm sounds (from funny, to gentle to just plain loud when you need that extra push!)
- Use one or multiple songs, podcasts, audiobooks in your iPod® music library as an alarm
- Repeat alarms on specific week days
- Big snooze buttons for those times when it's hard to aim
THE FIRST SOCIAL CLOCK!
- The very first alarm clock that can automatically share your wake-up mood and alarm music selection on Facebook and Twitter as soon as you stop the wake-up alarm!
- Bedside music player with full access to your iPod® music
- Shuffle your music
- Worldwide weather data from a leading meteorologist. No need for any other paid weather app to know what to wear today or whether to bring an umbrella.
- Automatic location detection: the app detects where you are and displays the weather accordingly
- Option to override the auto-location and enter your location manually by name or zip
- Memorize multiple weather locations so you can switch between them to check distant weather
- 5-day weather forecast with detailed morning, noon, evening and night info for the next 48h
- Worldwide weather and display in either Fahrenheit or Celsius.
Please let us know what features you'd like to see and we'll do our best to include them in future updates!
What's New in Version 1.6.3
Good app gone bad
I really liked this app. It was my go-to app while traveling in particular. But, then something happened. Not sure if it was an iOS update, a new version of the app, the fact that I'm still using an iPad 3, or a combination of those things. But, now the app is saying that it can't connect to the internet where all other apps have no issue. Worse, the app periodically goes into intro mode where it plasters this huge "look at me" alarm clock info box over the clock display so that it can't be read. It's not there when I first start the app, but during the nite it'll pop up. I thought that I was rid of it after closing the info box only to wake to find it there again...and again...and, well, you get the picture. Tried deleting and reloading the app with no change. There's no support or feedback link either from the app, the app store, or the app developer's website. Truly aggravating and disappointing given that I paid for the full version. I really want the app to work like it had been. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
This lets you turn the iPad into a travel alarm clock with easy to see numbers with options to make it a larger screen and even easier to see clock. If you use it at night, it allows you dim the clock to a night time mode. Many wake up features, my favorite is the wind chime with a volume setting for the alarm that for the alarm function. Then wake up to what I feel is a subtle alarm mode. There are louder and more alarming sounds available so you you pick what works for you. When I wake, it shows me the current temp and forecast for today and about a week with ability to brake down the daily temp and weather for the current day. The price is reasonable and worth the money. Many option on this that I haven't even played around with yet. Love it!
Beautiful, useful app--2 minor issues that need a small update.
Great alarm. App has a slideshow of beautiful pictures that tend to reflect time of day/weather. Pictures stay on when device is plugged in. Several choices on timing/transitions of slideshow. Weather and time display can be resized. (Of course you do need internet connection for weather.) 2 alarms--each has a backup. You can choose nature sounds or iTunes songs. Two complaints: I wish it were easier to select songs/playlists for the alarm. You can't just pick a genre or playlist. Each song must be selected individually. If you inadvertently add a song, you can't delete it. It's super easy to touch the wrong part of the screen while adding and then you have to start over. Second, some of the pictures that are referenced are unavailable, leading to lots of bright white blanks screens.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Sep 10, 2013
- Version: 1.6.3
- Size: 43.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Lifelike Apps, Inc
- © Lifelike Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.