"Snap! is a photo annotation app that looks simple yet useful." - TUAW.com
"... the app does what it says! If you’ve ever come across a need to annotate photos, or think you could use something like this, then grab Snap!" - Christine Chan, appadvice.com
"I like using Snap! because it is one of those apps that does a task efficiently and cleanly, and does it well. The simplicity of use is fantastic and once you start using it, you’ll find that you can’t help but annotate before you fire pics off to FaceBook or Twitter." - AppleBitch.com
"Brilliant tool! - This thing is seriously good - it has a simple interface but there is lots of power. ... Easy to use for casual use, but actually powerful enough for research and professional work!" - loblolly NZ user
Check out a video of Snap in action at http://snap.codecrop.com/
Snap is the easiest way to add notes to your photos! Just snap a photo, write as many notes as you want, move them around with your finger and it'll be saved with the notes overlaid on it.
And sharing on Facebook, Twitter, Evernote or email is just a touch away.
Other apps can do this but only Snap has a beautiful and intuitive interface that makes using it easy and fun.
Snap is so fast and easy to use that it can be used as a replacement for the iPhone built-in camera app and be used in a number of situations:
- You're shopping for a new couch and taking a lot of pictures of your choices but later on you don't remember all the prices? Just write the prices on your picture. You can also write the dimensions, name of the store, name of the salesperson, anything!
- Just moved to a new house and need to remember the size of your rooms so you can shop around? Just take a picture and write down all you want.
- Want to remember how this great wine you're drinking tastes like and how much it costs? Snap a picture of the bottle and write it all down!
- Want to document your kid's homework? Take a picture and write the date, grade, description and keep them forever!
- Traveling? Write the names of all the places you've been so you don't forget when showing them to your friends.
- Want to have some fun? Take pictures from your friends and family and add captions, subtitles and labels. Kids love to play with Snap's intuitive interface.
Other great features include:
* Color: Now you can change the text and box color as well as the font and size of the text.
* AirPrint: Print your annotated photos from your iPhone.
* Photo Library: You can write on ANY image of your iPhone's photo library, not only on the pictures you take with the app.
* Auto save: Don't worry about saving your pictures. Snap saves everything in the background so you can keep snapping and taking notes.
* Geotag: Your location is saved on your image file, just like on the iPhone built-in camera app (iOS 4.1 or greater only).
* Touch to focus: Touch on your screen to set the focus anywhere (iPhone 4, 3GS in iOS 4.0 or greater).
* Touch for exposure: Touch twice anywhere to set the light exposure (iPhone 4, 3GS in iOS 4.0 or greater).
* Flash: Control the flash on your iPhone 4 just like on the built-in camera app.
* Front Camera: With the iPhone 4, take pictures with the front camera just like on the built-in camera app.
* Picture quality: Choose from high quality or low quality pictures.
* Pinch and zoom: Add notes to specific areas with a different font size.
* Orientation: Portrait and landscape orientation when adding notes.
* Go to http://support.codecrop.com to see all the planned features we have and to make suggestions of your own.
* Please, don't use the review for questions or complaints, as we can't answer using iTunes but we'll answer every email you send to email@example.com.
- Fixing a crash with the Fonts Keyboard
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty cool, but...
There is a formatting limitation. When adding a longer note, I tried to break it into 2 lines so the note would not stretch across the entire width of the photo. I was easily able to write the text in 2 lines but after clicking 'Done', only the 1rst line displays. The only solution to this is to type the 2 lines as separate notes.
Another issue: A save button would be helpful too. I seem to have to exit out of the edit function before the anotated photo is saved to the camera roll. I have found exiting to the camera, using the camera button or sharing it is the only way to have it saved to your camera roll.
Here's an idea: How about adding a "date/time stamp" button to add a tag showing when the photo was taken with the same ability to drag it anywhere on the photo?
A Completely Super-powerful Snap!
User's Satisfaction: The usability of this app is excellent. Results are fabulous. I have full confidence that this app will serve me well. I am a very pleased owner of "Snap!". My reactions are what I expected after purchasing this app. Very impressed! Thank you for the update and an exemplary job done with this application.
The app has everything I ever wanted for adding cut-lines, notes, and labels to my photos. The app's content quality and instructions are pleasing. This app is a traveler's compansion best camera sidekick. Call it your photo interpreter! It is appealing and pleasing to own and use. The app is attractive with beauty and usability.
Overall Impressions: Marvelous and I would highly recommend this app to a friend or colleague.
The Add Text feature is great and you can move and format the text, even on old pictures in your camera roll. Would like to see option to display date and GPS coordinates. UPDATE: You can already add date and time thru the symbols keyboard, and you can format that text too. This is outstanding !! This is quickly becoming my camera app of choice. i contacted the developer and he responded within hours. He seems to be open to suggestions too. I look forward to his updates.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.