By Kno Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Kno, Inc. is an education software company on a mission to make learning more engaging, personal, and social for students.
Kno delivers the same books, only smarter. Packed with interactive features:
· Enhanced Content: Watch videos, interact with 3D models and simulations, or access web links to see your books come to life.
· Advanced Search: Your textbooks with a search engine. Find the answer faster by searching through all your Kno content.
· Journal: Your personal study guide instantly created from your highlights, notes, and bookmarks.
· Flashcards: Flashcards are automatically created from the glossary for easy review (only available in some books).
· Kno Me: One stop, personal study dashboard that enables you to track your learning engagement, a leading indicator of learning success.
· PDF Reader: Import your PDFs from the web, email or Dropbox, all-in-one place.
· Social Sharing: Save time by exchanging your notes and highlights with classmates with the click of a button.
Find your books from our library of over 200,000 interactive titles for all grade levels from kindergarten through college.
Kno is your entire backpack in one app.
What's New in Version 3.5.0
· Improved performance of highlighting
· Minor bug fixes
The software is pretty, but as far as functionality it's really clunky. It fails at doing basic things:
*Accessing textbooks - I've had an issue with downloading and accessing every book I've purchased on Kno; having to restart the software, delete and re-install, having books just disappear, etc.
*Highlighting - It takes a minimum of 3 taps to highlight anything; tap and drag, tap to deselect, and then tap to dismiss menus that all rush into the screen when you deselect. The menus come in from all four sides of the screen every time you tap the screen, and it's very annoying. On Kindle you tap once, drag over what you want to highlight, and you're done.
*Writing notes - You have to go to an alternate screen that grays out the page you're on. You can then write your notes, but when you go back to the active page their is no indication of your written notes anywhere on the page.
*Search - The menu with the search field will not stay on the screen on my iPad unless I turn off my bluetooth keyboard, type in the search with the on-screen keyboard, and then turn my bluetooth keyboard back on.
*The books are often more expensive than other options, like Kindle. However, some titles are only available on Kno, which is too bad because the software is really frustrating to use.
Really Great App for Schools
Hello, let me just start off by telling you that I just started with the Kno app this year, and I am amazed. I personally use this app for PDFs and my Religion text book. This app is awesome, in text book you can not only highlight specific words, which are then saved to your notes, it also can attach post-it's to the pages in the book, both of which add for easy to study notes. I have not yet had any problem with the app, knock on wood, but I have heard that this app offers very prompt technical support. Oh, and that reminds me, the app also allows you to make flash cards, which is also cool. So overall, the Kno app is as "paper" as you could get with an electronic app, and is a great app for schools and students alike.
I have been using this application to read my textbooks for the past year since I got my iPad and it has been nothing but great. It still has its bugs (what App doesn't?), but every time I have to contact their customer help people with an issue to get help troubleshooting, I receive prompt attention and care which is very surprising and comforting. Pretty freaking sweet, if you ask me.
They have so many books and I have been able to request books they do not have as well. I'm excited to see how the new version will fare and I can't wait to utilize all the new features!
Thanks for everything, Kno, and keep up the great work!!
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 07, 2013
- Version: 3.5.0
- Size: 46.4 MB
- Languages: English, Basque, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese
- Seller: Kno, inc
- © 2012 Kno, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases