Optimum for iPad
By CSC Holdings, LLC.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Optimum customers can watch live TV on their iPad from any room in their home. This device can also be used to playback On Demand programs or as a TV remote control. iPad also makes it easy as ever to search, browse and record TV shows on DVR.
Live TV and On Demand
• Watch all of your channels Live
• Quickly access ‘What’s On Now’
• Use the in-app keypad to tune directly to the channel you want
• Browse Movies On Demand, Free On Demand, and Subscription On Demand categories
• Get a list of more titles like the one you have highlighted
• Rate a title or series which helps make our recommendations for you even more accurate
• Get recommendations of programs that are geared towards you
• Rate programs and movies to further feed recommendations
• Filter the On Demand menus to show free titles, only titles that are available to you as part of your premium subscriptions, or ‘Last Chance’ titles that are only available for a limited time.
• Watch Free On Demand and Subscription On Demand programs
• Watch other On Demand content from your Active Rentals
• Add titles to your cart for viewing on any of your devices or digital cable boxes
• Full parental control capability to control viewing of content on the app
• Use your device as a remote control and control your digital cable boxes.
• Schedule recordings
• View your scheduled and recorded lists
• Delete recordings
• Supports Multi-Room DVR
• Search by keyword, title, cast, subject or category
• Ability to filter results on ‘What’s On Now’, TV, On Demand, DVR or Multi-Room DVR
• Browse TV listings for your area
• Highlight a program and see other times the program might be on
• Get a list of more titles like the one you have highlighted
• Go up to 2 hours in the past to schedule DVR recordings or find On Demand content for the highlighted network
• Mark your favorite channels
• Filter TV listings to show just your favorite channels, channels you’re subscribed to, or channels available for streaming on your device
Optimum WiFi Auto Registration
• Optional feature that allows customers to register their mobile devices for automatic sign-in to any of our Optimum Wi-Fi hotspots
*** Live TV, On Demand, DVR and Multi-Room DVR access is only available to Optimum TV customers.
*** Live TV channels, On Demand, DVR and Multi-Room DVR are restricted by the user’s existing video subscription service.
*** Parental controls work the same as on a digital cable box and must be set specifically within the app in order to block programming.
*** Closed captioning is available – see “Settings” within the app.
*** Pay-Per-View, digital music, and interactive channels are not available in the app at this time.
• Ability to stream On Demand content requires at least one (1) digital cable box on the account
• Management of DVR or Multi-Room DVR currently requires subscription to Optimum and an Optimum authorized modem
• Please visit http://www.optimum.net/Terms/OptimumApp to review the full terms of service
• iPad with iOS 4.2 or above
• Optimum-provided modem
• Wireless home network with a secure router (Wireless B or above)
What's New in Version 4.3.1
Bug fixes and various improvements.
Freezes and is unresponsive
Every time I use this app, whether to view On Demand or live stream, it consistently freezes playback. The freezes are unpredictable and last anywhere from a second, to permanently enough that I have to close out and reboot the app. If I'm viewing a live stream, I have to close out, reboot, and guess about what I've missed. When it happens during On Demand viewing, even if I rewind, it freezes where it did the first time I watched it. Additionally, whenever I try to bring up playback controls by tapping the screen I end up tapping the screen 10+ times before controls appear. If I pause video, often I'm not be able to get the playback to continue. Sometimes, when I try to get it to play again I get the message that the video is currently being watched on another device/tv set, and so I cannot watch it. If im watching a live stream, and want to change the channel, it takes forever to get the channel controls to show up, and then the up/down arrows don't even work. If I want to go up or down one channel I have to type it into the keypad, if I can even get the keypad to stay on long enough. I'm using the most updated version of this app on the most recent OS version. Every time Apple updates its OS and/or Optimum updates this app the problems have persisted.
Streaming live TV doesn't work...
This app has been a disappointment for the last few updates (not that it ever worked). I like the new voice activated search feature - be nice if it worked reliably. For instance during a World Series Major League Baseball game between the NY Mets and the Kansas City Royals using the phrases "major league baseball, New York Mets, Kansas City Royals or World Series" and not getting any results... And most importantly the streaming TV needs to work reliably, and it's not my device because we have 3 iPads in our home one purchased only a month a ago. All 3 have the same issues. Please get it right. And lest anyone say well it's probably your wifi connection. Nope because we've had that checked and optimized for Apple devices. For the most part our wireless is pretty good.
If you're looking for constant frustration, then this is the app for you. I mostly use it to view on demand shows. If you pause the show and your iPad screen turns off, you have to reload the app. Most often than not when trying to resume the on demand show it will tell you that it is being played back in your home and has to be stopped in order for you to watch. The show is not being played anywhere else, I was playing it. So you can restart it in the non HD version from the beginning or watch the HD version from the beginning hours later. Same thing happens if the app crashes. So frustrating.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 28, 2015
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 49.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CSC Holdings, Inc.
- © CSC Holdings 2011, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.