iRig Recorder FREE
By IK Multimedia
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
INTRODUCING STEREO AUDIO RECORDING, iRIG MIC FIELD SUPPORT, UNIVERSAL SUPPORT AND MORE
iRig Recorder 2 FREE is a powerful, flexible and easy-to-use field recording app for your iOS device. It provides you with a professional stereo recording tool that you can use anytime and anywhere your mobile life takes you: Use its powerful recording, editing and export features to create and share great sounding audio while on the go.
Rig Recorder 2 is the perfect companion to iRig Mic Field, IK's new high-quality audio/video stereo microphone. With iRig Mic Field and iRig Recorder 2 you'll have everything you need to get that Hollywood-style stereo sound while recording mobile audio for video, interviews, concerts, podcasts and more — iRig Recorder 2 automatically activates the stereo option whenever a stereo recording interface is connected. iRig Recorder 2 supports landscape and portrait orientations, so you can use it in any configuration.
When you've captured your audio, use iRig Recorder 2's intuitive editing tools to cut, crop or loop your audio — you can even do Waveform editing (unlockable via in-app purchase). You can also choose from its 8 studio-quality effects to optimize tone for speech, clean up background noise, brighten for clarity and presence, change speed without altering pitch and a whole lot more (FREE version comes with Optimize Volume processor upon registration, a Processors Bundle with 7 others is available via in-app purchase). These effects are so easy to use that anyone can get high-quality results in seconds.
iRig Recorder 2 also supports digital audio input devices so you can use any standard 30-pin/Lightning audio interface.
iRig Recorder 2 is Audiobus* compatible; use it with compatible audio apps in any Audiobus Slot.
iRig Recorder 2 organizes your recordings by date and time and also tags them with geolocation for easy and reliable file management. Export your files via E-mail, Wi-Fi, FTP, SoundCloud or iTunes File Sharing in a variety of sizes and formats (including 16-bit 44.1 kHz uncompressed export through in-app purchase).
Record your world with iRig Recorder 2!
iRig Recorder 2 features:
• Convenient, easy-to-use stereo audio mobile recording and editing app
• The perfect companion to iRig Mic Field
• One touch recording with real-time monitoring
• Landscape and portrait mode
• Universal support for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
• UI available in four colors: orange, green, blue and white
• Intuitive, non-destructive editing tools: cut, crop and loop your recordings
• 8 intelligent effects processors automatically optimize your recordings (Optimize Volume included with registration; additional effects processors available via in-app purchase):
1. Optimize Volume: automatically adjusts for optimal volume
2. Optimize Tone: automatically adjusts for optimal equalization
3. Clean Up: automatically cleans up the background noise in recordings
4. Brighten Voice: automatically increases clarity of speech and vocals
5. Smooth Voice: automatically smooths harsh or overly bright vocals
6. Speed Up: decreases the duration of the recording without altering its pitch
7. Slow Down: reduces the speed of the recording without altering its pitch
8. Change Pitch: raises or lowers the pitch of the recording without changing duration
• Organize your recordings by creation date and geolocation tags
• Export files as compressed .m4a or uncompressed .wav (the .wav export function is available for in-app purchase)
• Audiobus Support*
• Audio Copy
• FULL version also available with all features enabled for full functionality.
For more information: www.ikmultimedia.com/irigrecorder2
* requires iPhone 4, iPod touch (5th generation), iPad 2 or later
What's New in Version 2.0
- Supports iRig Mic Field, IK's new audio-video stereo field microphone for Lightning-compatible devices
- Stereo file recording
- Complete graphic restyling and a new custom interface for iPad
- Supports portrait and landscape orientations
- The app background is now available in four colors: orange, green, blue and white
Cautious note, and positive feedback;
This app will possibly lose your recording(s) if it crashes....
The problem is that the app auto-renames your edits of a sample by adding the following " (edit) "....I had this app crash during which I was editing ..I had saved my original and gave it a name at the start then made about six edits not knowing this issue and lost it all.
This is a terrible flaw .... So it's kinda silly in that I guess you have no security in the app to rely on. If you plan on doing important stuff don't use an app. Kinda obvious, but should be said.
If you play with the app anyhow just be sure to give names to you edits as you make them...one crop at a time... just be sure NOT to let it rename multiple edits on its own ..... Otherwise it may name them all the same and if the app crashed it will not hold the files and bring them up again due to them having the same name. This may have just been something that went wrong for me but it should be noted so you are aware.... It's just an app.
I will end however suggesting that for an app this has some excellent quick tools and great capabilities. I would be very satisfied had this not happened to my recording.
Best of luck to everyone. Thanks
Bugs that need to be fixed
I'm surprised that as long as this has been out they didn't fix it's flaws. For example: if you hit record then when your done you hit stop. You then always get a red message (after leaving the app) saying iRig recorder recording. You can't get rid of it until you reboot. Also, had a bunch of recordings, deleted a few that I didn't want and the whole group erases.
Ridiculously low volume
They set it to record at a ridiculously low volume in order to get you to register the app with them. I'm not surprised as this is typical IK Multimedia shenanigans. I am disappointed and annoyed nonetheless.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 08, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 23.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: IK Multimedia US, LLC
- © 2011-2014 IK Multimedia Production Srl
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- All Functionalities Bundle$7.99
- High Quality File Export$2.99
- Processors Bundle$4.99
- Waveform Editing $4.99