Blogsy - for WordPress, Blogger and almost all blogging platforms
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
BE AWARE THAT YOUTUBE AND FACEBOOK HAVE CHANGED THEIR APIs SO THAT FUNCTIONALITY IS NOT WORKING ANY LONGER IN BLOGSY. ALSO APPLE CHANGED THE WAY iOS HANDLES PHOTOS ON PHOTOSTREAM SO THAT FUNCTIONALITY IS NOT WORKING EITHER. WE ARE WORKING ON A NEW VERSION OF BLOGSY (NOT AN UPDATE TO THIS VERSION).
*** App of the Day on Gizmodo.com - http://gizmo.do/lmpDwi
- "Basically, it's the best blogging tool you'll find on the iPad."
Check out the Blogsy demo video on our website: http://blogsyapp.com/how-to
Blogsy is a tool designed specifically to take full advantage of the iPad’s unique touch functionality. Adding your photos and videos is as easy as dragging them from the media sidebar and dropping them into your blog post. This makes writing blog posts as easy as it should be, saving you from the hassle of jumping from app to app to manually copy/paste embed codes or links. Simply put, we think that Blogsy makes writing so easy that you will use it instead of your computer.
- "Basically, it's the best blogging tool you'll find on the iPad." Gizmodo
- "If you blog with any regularity, I recommend spending $5 for Blogsy..." CNET
- "If you’re a blogger with an iPad, then I would highly recommend picking up Blogsy. It finally makes your iPad a worthy blogging tool." AppAdvice
- "Blogsy finally brings quality blogging to the iPad — a device that was desperately waiting for an app like this to change the way bloggers can get things done without giving up on rich content editing, and media." Macstories
- "Blogsy has lots of features and to be honest, I can say that it is the best wordpress and blogger app you will find in the App Store." MWD
- Easily drag and drop images from Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, Instagram and Google Image Search, or using the built-in Web browser (yes, easily drag and drop images from most websites!) Drag and drop videos from YouTube and Vimeo. (Either using the new iFrame or the old flash embed method with colors, borders and related videos.)
- Found a good article? Drag and drop it’s URL to instantly create a hyperlink in your blog post.. No coding required!
- Style your blog posts with the tap of a button - bold, italics, text alignment and more.
- Full support for multiple blogs and multiple photo and video accounts.
- Easily change image and video properties and alignment through menus.
- Write and edit HTML. Though using Blogsy’s 'Rich Side', you’ll probably never want to; everything from bolding text to creating links to image alignment can be done with the tap of a finger.
- Set or create lables/tags and categories, toggle comments on and off, and set visibility.
- Create scheduled posts, online drafts, and pending-review posts.
- Support for local drafts.
- Edit or delete online posts or pages.
- Upload images from your iPad photo library to any blog media library, Picasa, Flickr or Facebook.
- Markdown Support
*** Check out our how-to videos here - www.blogsyapp.com/how-to
Platform Support: Details about each platform can be found at www.blogsyapp.com/platforms
WordPress - WordPress.com as-well as self-hosted WordPress accounts
Joomla (1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5)
MetaWeblog (Generic Setup)
Email - Create Rich emails with images, videos, links and WYSIWYG text formatting.
Textexpander support. (HTML side only)
*** You must have, or create, your blog on the internet prior to using Blogsy.
What's New in Version 4.4.23
1. You wouldn't see more tag graphic.
2. Some Crashes
This is great!
Blogsy lets me write blog posts, add pictures and post to my blog right from my iPad. Actually it is more sophisticated than that but I just started to use it and have more to learn. Since I'm a newbie I had questions and got a rapid reply to my email and my problem was solved. (Operator error). Excellent video tutorials are available from within the app. To be able to write to my blog from my iPad at lunchtime is so great. Beats waiting to get home from work and trying to write after my brain's been sucked dry.
Just About Perfect
I've tried most of these, replaced this one a couple times when things got slow, but the developers always seem to fix it, and they do t take too long to do it.
Generally works very well for my needs; it's relatively fast, quite stable, and does what it should without getting in the way.
It may be just me, but I wish they were a bit clearer about tagging images - I think I'm doing what I need, but I haven't found anything that assures me it is so.
As someone who blogs only when traveling, I have long been on the outlook for an iPad app freeing me from the need to bring along a laptop. This is it! And well beyond its flexibility and ease of use, the developer's rapid response to problems encountered proved exceptional, resolving an issue with FLICKR access quickly and efficiently and with a nice personal touch. I can't believe it took me so long to make this discovery. Every blogger out there using an iPad to post ought to be using this excellent app!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Feb 17, 2015
- Version: 4.4.23
- Size: 29.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Fomola
- © Fomola
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.