Blogsy - for WordPress, Blogger and almost all blogging platforms
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** NOW WITH MARKDOWN SUPPORT, HTML KEYBOARD, VERSIONS, AND MORE.
*** App of the Day on Gizmodo.com - http://gizmo.do/lmpDwi
- "Basically, it's the best blogging tool you'll find on the iPad."
Check out the Blogsy demo video on our website: http://blogsyapp.com/how-to
Blogsy is a tool designed specifically to take full advantage of the iPad’s unique touch functionality. Adding your photos and videos is as easy as dragging them from the media sidebar and dropping them into your blog post. This makes writing blog posts as easy as it should be, saving you from the hassle of jumping from app to app to manually copy/paste embed codes or links. Simply put, we think that Blogsy makes writing so easy that you will use it instead of your computer.
- "Basically, it's the best blogging tool you'll find on the iPad." Gizmodo
- "If you blog with any regularity, I recommend spending $5 for Blogsy..." CNET
- "If you’re a blogger with an iPad, then I would highly recommend picking up Blogsy. It finally makes your iPad a worthy blogging tool." AppAdvice
- "Blogsy finally brings quality blogging to the iPad — a device that was desperately waiting for an app like this to change the way bloggers can get things done without giving up on rich content editing, and media." Macstories
- "Blogsy has lots of features and to be honest, I can say that it is the best wordpress and blogger app you will find in the App Store." MWD
- Easily drag and drop images from Flickr, Picasa, Facebook, Instagram and Google Image Search, or using the built-in Web browser (yes, easily drag and drop images from most websites!) Drag and drop videos from YouTube and Vimeo. (Either using the new iFrame or the old flash embed method with colors, borders and related videos.)
- Found a good article? Drag and drop it’s URL to instantly create a hyperlink in your blog post.. No coding required!
- Style your blog posts with the tap of a button - bold, italics, text alignment and more.
- Full support for multiple blogs and multiple photo and video accounts.
- Easily change image and video properties and alignment through menus.
- Write and edit HTML. Though using Blogsy’s 'Rich Side', you’ll probably never want to; everything from bolding text to creating links to image alignment can be done with the tap of a finger.
- Set or create lables/tags and categories, toggle comments on and off, and set visibility.
- Create scheduled posts, online drafts, and pending-review posts.
- Support for local drafts.
- Edit or delete online posts or pages.
- Upload images from your iPad photo library to any blog media library, Picasa, Flickr or Facebook.
- Markdown Support
*** Check out our how-to videos here - www.blogsyapp.com/how-to
Platform Support: Details about each platform can be found at www.blogsyapp.com/platforms
WordPress - WordPress.com as-well as self-hosted WordPress accounts
Joomla (1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 2.5)
Squarespace (Version 5 only)
MetaWeblog (Generic Setup)
Email - Create Rich emails with images, videos, links and WYSIWYG text formatting.
Textexpander support. (HTML side only)
*** You must have, or create, your blog on the internet prior to using Blogsy.
What's New in Version 4.3.1
1) The instant crash problem is fixed. This had to do with the footer being turned off by users in the previous version they were running.
2) WordPress setup crash. If a user tries to set up a self-hosted WordPress blog this can intermittently cause a crash. If you keep trying you will eventually be able to set up your blog. This update fixes this so it will not longer crash.
3) Turning off the footer will no longer cause a crash.
4) Tumblr and Post Info. menu crash. If the blog is set to Tumblr then you try to open the Post Info. menu it will cause a crash. Also if you try to switch to a Tumblr blog in the Post Info. menu this will cause a crash. This is fixed in this update.
Best app for serious bloggers.
I write several blogs, some for pay, and I use Blogsy nearly every day. I write in Markdown, use HTML, and use Text Expander to save time. Blogsy provides support for all of this and much more.
It's the most fully-featured of all of the blogging platforms for the iPad. I won't detail how I love all the capabilities of this program, except to say this. Being without blogsy for a few days last week while they worked through an issue with the app crashing was a huge concern for me. I had to use the WordPress iPad app. OH NO, it's really bad.
Fortunately, the guys at Blogsy fixed the problem, and surprisingly Apple updated to Blogsy 4.3.1., quickly.
As a final point, Blogsy doesn't ever seem to rest on their laurels. They are always busy enhancing and improving the app with new features, and they have always helped me with any issues.
By far the best blogging app
I have tried most of the blogging apps on the app store and Blogsy is by far the most intuitive and reliable one there is. In addition, the developers are very quick to respond to emails, which is really helpful (There was a problem with one update and they replied to me and had submitted a new version to the app store within hours).
Glad for the Blogging Tool; Glad for the Update
Long-time user. I've found the Blogsy team has always been responsive to customers. Thanks, guys, for resolving the issues in the last update.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 04, 2014
- Version: 4.3.1
- Size: 17.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Fomola
- © Fomola
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.