Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO customers who subscribe through their participating television provider. It’s HBO, anywhere, and lets you enjoy unlimited access to the best of HBO: original series, hit movies, sports, documentaries, comedy specials and more. HBO GO® is available on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, as well as Apple TV and a variety of other devices.
How do I watch?
1. Download the HBO GO® app.
2. Log in with the credentials set up through your participating television provider or on HBOGO.com.
3. Stream unlimited programming, movies and more on your iOS devices, including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
What programming is included?
• More than 2,000 titles, including all seasons of critically acclaimed current series: True Detective, Ballers, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Veep, Girls, Togetherness and The Leftovers
• Highly-anticipated new, upcoming original programs, including: 7 Days in Hell, a sports “documentary” starring Andy Samberg and Kit Harington; Westworld, the drama starring Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris; and Show Me a Hero, a six-part miniseries from The Wire creator David Simon
• Weekly installments of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Real Time with Bill Maher and VICE
• HBO Sports documentaries, series and World Championship Boxing events
• Groundbreaking documentary programming such as Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst and Oscar-winner Citizenfour
• The best original series and miniseries from yesterday: The Sopranos, Sex and the City, The Wire, Entourage, Band of Brothers, True Blood, The Pacific, Deadwood and more
What’s the difference between HBO GO and HBO NOW?
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated online streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO subscribers through their participating television provider. HBO NOW is a new, standalone online streaming service that is available to all customers with a high-speed internet connection.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories where a high-speed broadband connection is available. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply.
© 2015 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO®, HBO GO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. All devices, titles and related trademarks are property of their respective owners.
For assistance, please visit help.hbogo.com.
What's New in Version 6.1
• Miscellaneous bug fixes
Current version crashes 100% of the time for me; playback UI problems
HBO GO used to be the most bulletproof of my streaming video apps, but as other reviewers have noted, the recent versions have completely ruined it. Recently, the app has become incredibly slow to browse shows (have to wait a long time for the screen to update after scrolling down). Much worse, recent versions of the app would crash 100% of the time when I would try to bring up my Watchlist. Today, I tried adding a couple of items to my Watchlist in the hopes that that would clear out whatever bad data was causing the crash, but now it no longer even shows "Watchlist" in the menu! If I browse to shows I know are on my Watchlist it still says "Remove From Watchlist" for them, so I know the data is still there on the backend, if they would just fix the app to read it properly. Until the most recent update, I could at least still watch shows if I searched for them outside of my Watchlist, but now when I try to play things, it crashes 100% of the time, within a few seconds to a few minutes of starting to play. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, to no avail. Also, I could be misremembering, but didn't there used to be a skip forward button in addition to skip back? And didn't the timeline used to take up near the entire width of the screen, enabling accurate use on non-iPad screens? HBO, you guys are usually awesome... please fix these showstopping and other serious issues!!
PLEASE GO BACK TO THE OLD FORMAT!!
The only reason I'm giving this one star is because I can't give it zero! I never write reviews but this is warranted. This was my go to app that I very much enjoyed watching on my iPad. The old format was wonderful and easily accessible and engaging! This new format doesn't allow me to immediately see the new shows or movies that are available on HBO which doesn't sound like a huge problem but the way the new app is designed, well, it definitely doesn't make me want to search for anything either... Not to mention the fact that the new version doesn't have landscape mode either!! Which is SUPER annoying!! Please, HBO, fix this problem! Why did you mess with such a GREAT APP?!?!? After reading all the other complaints, I know I'm not the only one! This app used to be rated 4 1/2 stars!! Now you're down to 1 1/2... FIX IT and make us all happy again please!! Thank you!
Worst content-browsing app available
I'm a software developer. One of the keys to successful s/w development is to ask others what they want to accomplish with your app, and design your app to help with those goals. A primary goal for HBO would likely be:
Allow people to quickly find what they want and watch it.
HBO GO fails in this most basic task.
- I cannot easily find newly released episodes of the shows I am following. The 'new episodes' call out does not show the latest. But even more importantly...
- You cannot easily find the list view of a series. Every call out, and every page related to a series should have a way to view the entire series with one click. No dice.
Essentially, HBO GO does not allow fans and viewers to WATCH what they want to watch.
And thus, it fails.
If you're basing your decision on cord cutting on app performance, you may wanna save your money. And, while we're on topic, the same problems exist for the TV apps that HBO has created.
The app was more useful 2 years ago, before the latest revisions. Example: why eliminate fast forward? The list goes on...
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 27, 2016
- Version: 6.1
- Size: 17.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes