Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO customers who subscribe through their participating television provider. It’s HBO, anywhere, and lets you enjoy unlimited access to the best of HBO: original series, hit movies, sports, documentaries, comedy specials and more. HBO GO® is available on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, as well as Apple TV and a variety of other devices.
How do I watch?
1. Download the HBO GO® app.
2. Log in with the credentials set up through your participating television provider or on HBOGO.com.
3. Stream unlimited programming, movies and more on your iOS devices, including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
What programming is included?
• More than 2,000 titles, including all seasons of critically acclaimed current series: True Detective, Ballers, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Veep, Girls, Togetherness and The Leftovers
• Highly-anticipated new, upcoming original programs, including: 7 Days in Hell, a sports “documentary” starring Andy Samberg and Kit Harington; Westworld, the drama starring Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris; and Show Me a Hero, a six-part miniseries from The Wire creator David Simon
• Weekly installments of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Real Time with Bill Maher and VICE
• HBO Sports documentaries, series and World Championship Boxing events
• Groundbreaking documentary programming such as Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst and Oscar-winner Citizenfour
• The best original series and miniseries from yesterday: The Sopranos, Sex and the City, The Wire, Entourage, Band of Brothers, True Blood, The Pacific, Deadwood and more
What’s the difference between HBO GO and HBO NOW?
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated online streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO subscribers through their participating television provider. HBO NOW is a new, standalone online streaming service that is available to all customers with a high-speed internet connection.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories where a high-speed broadband connection is available. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply.
© 2015 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO®, HBO GO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. All devices, titles and related trademarks are property of their respective owners.
For assistance, please visit help.hbogo.com.
What's New in Version 7.4.7012
•Improvements to VICE Interactive Content
•Miscellaneous Bug Fixes and Stability Improvements
Fantast app, just not the inconveniences
I love this app and use it on both my iPhone and iPad. HBO offers quality shows and a good selection of well-known movies along with some originals. The video quality is wonderful, the app works almost flawlessly, and I have never been frustrated with it. There are only a few small complaints;
1. Picture-in-picture does not transition from the app to the home screen well. When I use Picture in Picture on other services like Netflix, it transitions smoothly. This is not the case with HBO Go. I usually have to rewind the show a few seconds back and then enter PIP so that i dont miss anything, which is very annoying.
2. The layout. I find it annoying that I can only add episodes to Watch List, and not the whole series. It's very annoying, especially with many-episode shows like Last Week Tonight. I also wish the continue watching page was accurate so that i can pick right back up where I left off.
Overall, a fantastic app and service that has not failed to serve its purpose and entertain!
Usually I only write reviews complaining about updates that ruin perfectly good apps. Finally an app updates adds workable features that improve it.
Congrats for finally adding a fast forward button. Something I use 10x more than the rewind button. Also, they fixed the problem where you formally couldn't remove the extra things on the screen, like the bar that displayed the length of film, just by touching the phone display.
This app is disappointing. I love the idea of being able to watch my favorite shows on the go. But they shouldn't have such high quality shows and movies if they don't have a platform to support it. It is constantly buffering. I am able to watch 30 seconds and then it buffers for almost a full minute no matter what I watch. I have this app downloaded on my phone and also my Xbox one and it does the same thing on both devices. I really hope that they fix it soon.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 08, 2016
- Version: 7.4.7012
- Size: 37.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes