Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO customers who subscribe through their participating television provider. It’s HBO, anywhere, and lets you enjoy unlimited access to the best of HBO: the original series, hit movies, sports, documentaries, comedy specials and more. HBO GO® is available on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, as well as Apple TV and a variety of other devices.
How do I watch?
1. Download the HBO GO® app.
2. Log in with the credentials set up through your participating television provider or on hbogo.com.
3. Stream unlimited programming, movies and more on your iOS devices, including iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
What programming is included?
• More than 2,000 titles, including all seasons of critically acclaimed current series: True Detective, Ballers, The Brink, Game of Thrones, Silicon Valley, Veep, Girls, Togetherness and The Leftovers
• Highly-anticipated new, upcoming original programs, including: 7 Days in Hell, a sports “documentary” starring Andy Samberg and Kit Harington; Westworld, the drama starring Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris; Show Me a Hero, a six-part miniseries from The Wire creator David Simon
• The latest hit movies, including: Gone Girl and John Wick in June; Horrible Bosses 2 and The Maze Runner in July; and Birdman and The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in August
• Weekly installments of Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Real Time with Bill Maher and VICE
• HBO Sports documentaries, series and World Championship Boxing events
• Groundbreaking documentary programming such as Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, The Jinx: The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst and Oscar-winner Citizenfour
• The best original series and miniseries from yesterday: The Sopranos, Sex and the City, The Wire, Entourage, Band of Brothers, True Blood, The Pacific, Deadwood and more
What’s the difference between HBO GO and HBO NOW?
HBO GO® is HBO’s authenticated online streaming service, available at no additional cost to HBO subscribers through their participating television provider. HBO NOW is a new, standalone online streaming service that is available to all customers with a high-speed internet connection.
HBO GO® is only accessible in the U.S. and certain U.S. territories where a high-speed broadband connection is available. Minimum 3G connection is required for viewing on mobile devices. Some restrictions may apply. ©2015 Home Box Office, Inc. All rights reserved. HBO®, HBO GO® and related channels and service marks are the property of Home Box Office, Inc. All devices, titles and related trademarks are property of their respective owners.
For assistance, please visit help.hbogo.com.
What's New in Version 3.2.3
• Starting on Jan. 16, watch Sesame Street, Pinky Dinky Doo and The Electric Company in the new Kids section
• Option to enable a Kids Lock on your mobile device to keep your child restricted to content within the Kids section
• Updated reminders of the availability of Parental Controls
• Bug fixes
Five by Five
I have had HBO Go since it was first available. I have it on my iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. I have never experienced the issues people are claiming. I do have Time-Warner as my main cable provider but I have used it on other networks. Sometimes hotel's internet is shoddy but nothing that streams worked well in those situations. I don't stream over cellular either. I don't have the data to waste on movies.
However, those giving the terrible reviews and complaining, none appear to actually have contacted HBO support nor given pertinent info as on who their provider is, etc. Also apps can run into issues because of current iOS version and model. I put iOS 8 on my iPad2 and it basically crippled it. Also iOS devices run into issues with sound and playback when you haven't restarted them. Since version 7 I'd recommend a daily restart especially if you use Bluetooth a lot.
Lastly, if you actually have the app and service see if you can actually proactively help by contacting support and see if you can provide some sort of info for them so they can improve things. Personally, when I've run into issues with apps I've contacted support/Devs. Many times they were able to resolve the issue, sometimes the info I've given helped pin-point the issue.
Could not be made worse
This is a ridiculous service. I signed up for a free trial and loaded the app onto all devices. It only works on my Samsung Galaxy Tab, and does so very poorly. I watched part of one show without incident and then switched to another show, which proceeded to stop every few seconds and then just revert back to the start menu periodically. Upon signing up for the trial, I was sent an email confirming the subscription. However, when I went to use the service on my laptop, I was unable to do so because I could not sign in. Why couldn't I sign in? Because there was no "welcome email" with which to confirm my subscription and thus no sign in to use. The various help and troubleshooting menus were useless on this matter and kept referring me back to checking my spam email box (which I did like twenty times even though their other email had gotten through just fine). I use AT&T Uverse as my internet and cable provider; I am not sure if this has an impact. Honestly I cannot figure out how this service could be any worse. So disappointed!
Tries your patience
Great content, horrible execution. Where to begin?
Great variety of shows and exclusive content. Excellent features on app as well. And if love having an app quit, reboot, or go to black in the midst of your viewing, or in some cases utterly refuse to boot-up then you will be right at home with HBOGO.
For a premium cable channel co. one would expect a company such as HBO to at least meet expectations and not consistently underwhelm users with their smartphone app. It amazes me as to how widespread this problem is throughout the App Store. Major media outlets that fail to produce apps that truly meet users expectations.
Really, of what use is a thing if it causes the user to experience frustration with each use?
Perhaps someone within the organisation will receive these reviews and care enough to pass these negative user experiences up to those whose opinions matter; and get cracking on how to improve their app-users experience; and should they do the job well, reap the bounty of great reviews for a job well-done.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 16, 2016
- Version: 3.2.3
- Size: 8.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Home Box Office Inc.
- © 2013 Home Box Office, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes