Los Angeles Times App for iPad
By Tribune Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Now you can experience all the latest from the Los Angeles Times on your iPad — whenever you want, wherever you go.
Put a uniquely Southern California perspective at your fingertips with our new app featuring:
- Award-winning world, national and local news from California’s #1 news source, updated 24/7
- Exclusive must-read columns from Steve Lopez, Patt Morrison, Doyle McManus and more
- The entertainment coverage Hollywood reads first, brought to you by the most-respected journalists in the industry
- Theater, music, art, film, TV, book and architecture reviews
- Full coverage of SoCal's action-packed sports scene, including Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Ducks, Dodgers, Angels, USC and UCLA, plus nationally known columnists Bill Plaschke, TJ Simers and more
- Business, Technology, Health, Travel and Opinion sections
- Updated weather for your location
- Easy sharing of stories via Facebook, Twitter and email
- One-tap saving of stories for offline reading
What's New in Version 1.6.8
* Stability improvements
* Bug fixes
The Two Main Problems with this APP
1. It lacks a search capability.
2. The sections available in the list option (left side of page) do not map to the sections of the print edition.
The effect of these problems, together, is to keep you endlessly searching at random to find something. L.A. Times is truly on its deathbed if it cannot provide such basic functionality required by any serious news reader.
Finally an update and it still will not launch!
I give up! A few weeks ago the app stopped launching. So I thought, it must be a problem with the new IOS. Wrong, the update they just released will not launch either. So forget it, I’ll get my news from someone who actually knows what they are doing and cares about their readers.
It's like app for 3rd graders, old stories stick around for ages, very dumbed down journalism, it often won't open, when it does it takes a long time. Simple does not have to be stupid, not a very good news app at all.