Esquire Magazine US
By Hearst Communications, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SUBSCRIBE AND GET YOUR FIRST ISSUE FREE!
Dwayne Johnson talks to Scott Raab about "the Rock," football, self-doubt, success, Ballers, and balls. Plus, five fantastic photos of Kate Mara, Bill Maher on what he's learned (watch the supercut), the 26 best shows on television (an Esquire Report), an almost-famous man (James Wolk, anyone?) shows you how to ride out the rest of your summer in style, some major new fiction, and more.
Check out enhanced pages pulled straight from the issue on your iPad and iPhone. Just tap the cover in the Store or Library.
FINALIST FOR THE 2013 NATIONAL MAGAZINE AWARD: BEST TABLET EDITION
Esquire for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch brings to life the award-winning articles and photography of the print edition, as well as its peerless lifestyle advice. Plus, digital readers get exclusive videos, interactive fashion, bonus photography, cartoons, and more.
Plus, take advantage of our sharing and bookmarking features available on any device. Share and save your interviews, columns, photos and more.
• 1-month subscription available for $1.99, automatically renewed until cancelled
• 1-year subscription available for $19.99, automatically renewed until cancelled
• When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24-hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
What's New in Version 5.0.4
Update now for these new video features and performance enhancements:
• We added support for playing videos in landscape – take advantage of your entire screen!
• We fixed a bug some readers were experiencing with missing video progress bars when they played a video more than once
• Even more bug fixes and performance improvements.
Reach out to us with suggestions, questions, or feedback through the Contact Us form. Keep the feedback coming!
Love the content of the magazine. It's a great mix of articles and holds my interest. They've improved the interactive features which is fine. The problem is that the current version of the app has a feature called progressive downloading which helps make downloads as you read quicker, but totally kills offline use. It can be very frustrating to be on a flight or out and about and the magazine isn't loaded fully. Plus there's no percentage indicator to know (not sure if that still happens) your progress. The previous version had that % indicator. How can you go backwards?
The download Problem
Excellent magazine. Loses one star due to download problem.
Solution? (admittedly, a work-around):
Initial download of the issue is relatively quick, and I've got a measly 3 Mps connection. Once that's done, click through each article. Pause on the ones that don't come up immediately, and wait until they download. Then continue through the articles, pausing/downloading where needed. When you reach the end of the issue, you've got the entire magazine available for offline reading.
Yeah, it's a chore. But it only took me about three minutes with my slow connection. But for two bucks an issue, I don't mind.
Esquire Online is heavy with multimedia. Downloading the entire thing would take a very long time. Their solution is the only way of keeping all those bells-and-whistles without posting a massive file, though admittedly, this solution is kind of clunky.
Not the Worst App Ever
I gave this app one star in an earlier review. I thought it was Dreadful. Turns out Esquire just doesn't convert subscriptions from print to digital as quickly as I thought it would be done, so I couldn't access anything. A day later I got an email with instructions on how to get a user ID and password, which I already had. I went through the process anyway and then everything has worked fine since then. I'm still checking out the app, so I'm not sure what the final rating will be. It doesn't deserve the zero I wanted to post earlier, though.
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: May 18, 2015
- Version: 5.0.4
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Communications, Inc.
- Esquire is published by Hearst Magazines Division, Hearst Communications, Inc. © 2015. Esquire is a registered trademark of Hearst Communications, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Esquire Subscription $1.99
- Esquire Subscription $19.99
- April 2012$4.99
- November 2012$4.99
- Esquire November 2011$4.99
- February 2013$4.99
- August 2014$4.99
- March 2013$4.99
- January 2014$4.99
- November 2013$4.99