Esquire Magazine US
By Hearst Communications, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SUBSCRIBE AND GET YOUR FIRST ISSUE FREE! Start your trial subscription today!
New For April: Men and Women: Nick Offerman, Chelsea Handler and more, on our current difficulties. Sex and America: the survey. Free advice from a grown woman. Plus, scenes from a marriage.
FINALIST FOR THE 2013 NATIONAL MAGAZINE AWARD: BEST TABLET EDITION
Esquire for the iPad© brings to life the award-winning articles and photography of the print edition, as well as its peerless lifestyle advice. Plus exclusive videos, interactive fashion, bonus photography, cartoons, and more. Download our free app today, then select the issue you’d like to purchase or subscribe and save big!
• 1-month subscription available for $1.99, automatically renewed until cancelled
• 1-year subscription available for $19.99, automatically renewed until cancelled
• When purchasing through iTunes, your account will be charged at confirmation of purchase.
• Your subscription will auto-renew unless you turn this off 24-hours before the subscription runs out. You can turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during an active subscription period.
What's New in Version 5.0.2
Esquire's app just got better! Update now for access to improved features and a fresh, new look.
• Share your favorite finds on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and more. Sharing with friends is just a few taps away!
• Just tap on the star icon from any page and you can quickly find your favorite short stories, celeb profiles, and political cartoons for later viewing from one easy-to-access location.
• Create albums for all the beautiful women, men's fashion, and drink recipes in Esquire. Plus, sync your albums across devices with our new iCloud feature.
• We’ve updated the Store and Library for quick easy access to your Esquire issues, albums and favorites.
• Just tap an issue’s cover in the Store tab to see a selection of interactive pages from new issues before you download or purchase it.
• Easily track your downloads’ progress in the top menu.
• We’ve improved background downloading of issues to make reading new issues even easier.
Enjoy, and keep the feedback coming!
No warning & no way to turn off "progressive downloading"
I've always liked Esquire and was ecstatic when they made the jump to iPad. I think they take good advantage of the digital capabilities available to them. But this update introduces "progressive downloading" with no apparent way of forcing the entire issue to download at once, so imagine my surprise when I took my iPad to lunch expecting to be able to read Esquire, but I was only able to read the first few articles because you need a constant Internet connection to download more content out of each issue as you go along, and the place I was eating at didn't have WiFi.
While I can bear not being able to access certain additional article features because I don't have an active Internet connection at the time of reading (embedded videos, for example), I shouldn't be penalized for not being able to access the Internet and I shouldn't be denied content. At least give me the option to download the whole issue at once for offline viewing if I want, especially if I know I'm heading into a situation where I won't have WiFi access and want to spend time reading, like a plane flight or something.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Mar 20, 2015
- Version: 5.0.2
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Hearst Communications, Inc.
- Esquire is published by Hearst Magazines Division, Hearst Communications, Inc. © 2015. Esquire is a registered trademark of Hearst Communications, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Esquire Subscription $1.99
- Esquire Subscription $19.99
- April 2012$4.99
- November 2012$4.99
- Esquire November 2011$4.99
- February 2013$4.99
- August 2014$4.99
- March 2013$4.99
- January 2014$4.99
- November 2013$4.99