Guitar Jam Tracks - Scale Trainer & Practice Buddy
By Ninebuzz Software LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 scales app for guitarists. Countless happy customers. Here are just a few 5-star reviews!
This app will break the boring pentatonic scale playing. It explains the modes in a way nobody ever has been able to explain. My playing is improving (I have been playing for over 30 years).”
I had reached the end of my self-taught rope. Thanks for making this app! It helped me move on and become better. I'm enjoying playing like I did when I started."
"What I've always needed!
I've never been more satisfied with an instructional app. It's simple, approachable interface makes interacting to learn more simple and fun."
"Superb guitar jamming app-
This app is the key for beginner and intermediate guitarists to become accustomed to scales and being able to use them with chords. This app completely opens up the ability of what is possible on guitar especially when a band is not available to do this with. this app is great for practice to become greater with jamming and also warming up before gigs. I highly recommend this app to all guitarists who want to excel and become greater -thank you so much for this app"
"Great for beginners…
Use this to practice chords, lead and bass guitar. So easy to use. So helpful to have tabs, and chords on the screen to help follow the tracks.”
I have played for years and this is the #1 best tool I have run into yet. Keep It up my fellow string benders"
"Best way to practice!
Backing tracks! Learn to use them and you progress faster than you ever imagined, scales, zoom feature, key change, it's ALL here !!!"
60% off sale! Regularly $9.99. Download today and start the fun!
MAKES LEARNING GUITAR FUN
Practice jamming, learning guitar scales and soloing to 5 great sounding jam tracks right from your iPhone/iPad! Add more styles and scales with our in-app store. Our easy-to-read scale charts show you exactly where to put your fingers to start sounding like a pro. See for yourself why thousands of guitarists love this app!
NINEBUZZ AWARDS & HIGHLIGHTS
- "Essential Tools for Guitar" (WIRED Magazine)
- "Top 25 Best Guitar Apps" (Guitar World)
- "Best Apps of the Week" (Gizmodo)
- "Best New Apps” (Apple)
- "Top 5 Apps for Guitarists" (iPhoneAppCafe)
- A Major / A Minor
- B Major / B Minor
- C Major / C Minor
- D Major / D Minor
- E Major / E Minor
- F Major / F Minor
- G Major / G Minor
- Acoustic Blues
- Humbucker Blues
- Modern Rock
+ In-App Store!
- Major/Minor Pentatonic + Blues
- Major & Minor
HOW IT WORKS:
1. Pick a key to start playing the track.
2. Tap 'Chords' to see what chords are being played (rhythm)
3. Tap 'Scales' to see the scale charts for that key (lead)
CHANGE THE STYLE AT ANY TIME!
Learn the chord progression for each track, and then jump over to practicing scales. Guess what? There are only 5 'shapes' of a scale to memorize! Once you know them up and down, learn where they start for each key. Soon, you'll be able to solo like a pro.
TIPS FOR THE SCALE CHARTS:
- Black dots are regular notes.
- Red dots are 'root notes'. These are notes of the key you are in.
- Blue dots are 'passing notes'. Including these notes puts you in a Blues mode.
A GREAT INVESTMENT
You will get hours and hours of use out of this little app. Practicing guitar shouldn't be boring - download this app today and make practice fun!
SO EASY TO USE
We created the simplest, fastest and most enjoyable way to practice guitar on a mobile device. Just tap a key and hit play!
Practicing your scales is the best way to get comfortable with the fretboard. Once your learn the 5 different shapes of the pentatonic scale in every key, you'll be able to play along and solo to nearly any song!
CREATED BY GUITARISTS, FOR GUITARISTS
What's New in Version 3.5
Fixed 'Restore' bug with in-app purchases.
Fixed Audiocopy bug.
Fixed some incorrect Aeolian / Ionian scale charts.
Fixed some incorrect Phrygian charts.
So much less than it should be
Update: I found the app this should be and it's iReal Pro. It has the features I wanted. A little clunky and more expensive but not the disappointment this was.
I got this app hoping it would help me practice improvising over jazz chord progressions. I found it to be of little value because:
* For jazz, there is only one jam track (yes the description says this, but it's still not enough)
* When the track plays, it doesn't show you where you what chord is currently being played
* The scale presented for jazz is the pentatonic scale, which is a simple scale for the blues, not a common jazz scale to my mind
* There are no additional jazz tracks available for add-on purchase
* The scale modulations provided include only A-B-D-D-E-F-G. What about B flat, which with its two flats is more common than B with its five sharps? E flat? Etc.
* When I talked with Ninebuzz about the limitations, they expressed the opinion that my expectations are not appropriate given how the application is described. They have no plans to improve the application that were related to me.
With some simple changes like the inclusion of just a few more tracks, more representative scales, and a highlight of the current chord during playback, this would be a valuable app. Currently, I find it not to be worth having and it seems Ninebuzz is unlikely to improve it.
Room for improvement
A helpful app to be sure. Not really for beginners, but if you're just getting your bearings with scales/improvising this can be a valuable tool.
That said, there's definite room for improvement.
My first recommendation to the developers is to allow users to change the tempo of the backing tracks. As both a programmer and a recording engineer, I'd argue that it wouldn't be that difficult to implement an update that would make this a possibility.
Another recommendation I have would be to enable users to design their own chord progressions. This might take some time for the developers, but I think it would really increase the value of the app. Perhaps this could be an add-on feature that would cost another few dollars. At the very least, users should be able to loop segments of the existing chord progressions, which in some cases may be too long for some players to follow right away. It would be helpful to be able to practice the sections of longer progressions one at a time.
What I've always needed!
I've never been more satisfied with an instructional app. It's simple, approachable interface makes interacting to learn more simple and fun.
Most apps require the user spend more time learning to use the app than doing what they're designed to do- somehow Ninebuzz developers have bypassed this typical issue. I've never made more progress learning my scales, and playing leads as quickly; or withas much fun as I have with this simple. Approachable app.
If I had to make any requests; I would dearly love to see a gypsy jazz module, Mali blues, and world/obscure scales.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 24, 2015
- Version: 3.5
- Size: 338 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Ninebuzz Software LLC
- © 2010-2015 Ninebuzz Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Modal Jam: Mixolydian$0.99
- Modal Jam: Dorian$0.99
- Midnight Blues$2.99
- Garage Rock$1.99
- Texas Trouble$2.99
- Modal Jam: Phrygian I$0.99
- Modal Jam: Lydian$0.99
- Lonesome Prison Blues$2.99