Take your camera-equipped iPad back in time with a full-featured steampunk 4x5-inch field camera. FieldCam is about having great fun while taking great photographs!
* Glorious steampunk interface
* The Time Machine lets you pick from eight different epochs each with their own visual identity (some colour, some B&W) from 1855 on
* Spot or multi-zone exposure metering
* Control focus and spot-metering points-of-interest independently
* Optional framing grid to help you keep your verticals and horizontals where they should be
* Lockable focus, exposure and white balance
* Nine colour and B&W photo filters, with level control
* Optional real-time preview
* Optional image flip, for a true view camera experience
* Optional Night Mode allows long exposures in low light (<1 second)
* Correct proportions reflect the 4-inch by 5-inch* viewfinder (1.25:1, rather than the standard, unnecessarily stretchy, 1.33:1—perfect for printing at 8x10!)
* Period-styled photographs provide a true, sharp, grunge-free vintage feel: these crisp photos look like they would have when "new"
* 5X digital zoom
* Saves straight to Camera Roll
* Review your photographs and share them via e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, Instagram—or open them directly in an editing app
* Full in-app user guide
* As always, Jag.gr's full-service technical support
If you think your iPad might be a tad bulky to use as a camera, just marvel at how much slimmer and lighter this "steampunk" alternative is when compared with an *actual* Victorian field camera—and how much more capable!
Built on the same core technology used for Jag.gr's groundbreaking iPhone app 645 PRO, FieldCam gives you the chance to take great photographs with your iPad, while having great fun!
* On iPad 2 and later, the viewfinder is exactly 4x5 inches. On iPad mini, the viewfinder is smaller, but in proportion. On the big iPad Pro it's, well, bigger...
* Night Mode now works properly again...
Ratings and Reviews
Just like old times
Transform your iPad into an old time field camera. Almost felt like throwing a coat over my head and iPad for the full early photo time effect. Simple yet clear, clean retro results. Not too much money for the experience and finished product. Nice concept and execution.
Please make it universal
I was able to download this app on the regular IPad so I thought I could import photos, but there is no such option :-(
Can you please allow importing photos from albums?
Also I would love to be able to use it on the IPhone.
This is a great concept, please make it more versatile for other devices.
What you see is what you get...
The three screen shots in the description above are all there is to this app. Seriously, that's it. User interface and wet plate or dry plate photos. Nothing else. At first I thought I had been ripped off, but for 99 cents I guess it's okay...
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.