PocketBible Bible Study App
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PocketBible enhances your walk with God by putting resources and features at your disposal to improve your understanding of Scripture, empower your teaching and ministry, and keep you in the Word every day.
PocketBible couldn't be simpler to use! Go anywhere in the Bible by selecting book, chapter, and verse. Split the screen to view Bibles and commentaries side-by-side. Select the "Today" button to read today's devotional or Bible reading plan.
When you install PocketBible, you'll have instant access to the King James Version of the Bible. Upon registration, you'll get access to over 40 other free Bibles, commentaries, dictionaries, devotionals, and more. And while most other Bible apps stop there, giving you access only to "classic" Bibles and reference titles, there are hundreds of Bibles and contemporary reference books available for PocketBible.
We've all experienced the disappointment of "online" Bible software that becomes unusable when cellular signal strength is low or WiFi is not available in our church auditorium. With PocketBible, your Bibles and reference books reside on your device, so no Internet connection is required once they've been downloaded.
Are you already a PocketBible user, perhaps from 10 years ago on another platform? PocketBible can use any of your previously purchased books and Bibles (no matter which platform you originally purchased them for). And if you have notes, highlights, or bookmarks you've created on another platform, they'll sync seamlessly to PocketBible on your iOS device!
"PocketBible is one of the most full featured applications I have ever used and has a ton of features and functions to make Bible study a very pleasant experience." Matthew Miller, ZDNET.com
"The toggle feature moves you quickly between pages or books. Amazing! No one else has this feature." gracefirst
"I'm impressed. Simple, clean interface--and what's amazing is that they remembered and restored past purchases to my new iPhone--and it was easy! Now that's service!" Cvogan
"If the AppStore gave out awards for the best app this would win it hands down. It has the cleanest and easiest to use UI of any app I've used on the iPad. If I could I would give it 10 stars not just 5." RS.C.
1. Read and study the Bible anywhere. No Internet connection required.
2. Move easily through Bibles and books by simply turning the page. Go to any verse using one of three methods for selecting book, chapter and verse.
3. Quickly find any word or phrase in your entire library.
4. Keep track of what you learn with highlights, notes and bookmarks; sync to the Laridian Cloud for sharing with PocketBible on all your other devices.
5. Take your study further with popular commentaries, word study books, dictionaries (each sold separately).
6. Share verses by social media, text message, or email.
EXPAND YOUR LIBRARY:
Choose from hundreds of popular Bibles and Bible reference titles including NIV, ESV, Spanish NVI, Catholic NAB, NIV Study Bible, plus dozens of commentaries, dictionaries, and other reference books
MORE PROGRAM FEATURES:
* Easily switch between any number of open Bibles and books
* Supports multitasking (split view) on iPad - open another app beside PocketBible
* Highlight verses in a variety of colors
* Bookmark your favorite passages
* Track your progress as you read through devotional books and reading plans
* Copy and paste verses to clipboard and to other apps
IN-APP UPGRADE TO ADVANCED FEATURES:
* Synthesized audio reads any Bible or book to you
* Journal feature lets you create named notes not attached to a Bible verse
* Name your highlight colors to remind you what a particular color means
* Customize the behavior of taps and gestures that let you turn pages, move to previous and next chapter/verse, etc.
* Unique "Autostudy" reports give you instant access to everything in your library related to a selected verse or word
* Display book panes "tiled" or as tabs.
* AirPrint support
What's New in Version 3.4.0
- Support for iOS 9 multitasking (Split View)
- Added "Passage Actions" to the main menu for easily copying or sharing any verse or range of verses without first finding the passage and selecting it in the text.
- New "Welcome to PocketBible" slide show for new users.
- Touch zone overlay now shows swipe direction in addition to the functions of each touch zone.
- Add "Share" to the press-and-hold menubar to give quicker access to sharing selected text.
- Leave the Note Viewer open on the iPhone when following an external (Web) link. Makes it easier to get back to where you were.
- Show iOS 9 voice names so that you can choose between two voices in the same language and locale.
- iOS 9 voices are "slower" than iOS 8 voices were. Changed the rate options for iOS 9 so that voices sound more natural at the "normal" rate.
- Make sure status bar background and text colors gets set correctly.
- When copying/sharing text, do not include the "Note" marker at the beginning of a verse that has a user-created note. Also, do not include translator's footnotes.
- Don't use the Context menu "Share" submenu for non-Bibles, as it will have only one item in it. Just do "Share Selected Text" directly.
The best for smaller screens
Yes, I am rating this app, primarily, on its superior view options. Unlike almost all the other Bible apps, PocketBible fits a lot of content on a small screen. It allows the use of every millimeter of the screen for content, with very little dead space. For example, you can get rid of margins. For any screen smaller than 5", this makes a huge difference; you don't have to scroll/turn pages every 10 words. You can focus on reading instead turning pages!
I've used PocketBible since it first arrived on the Palm Pilot - and now on my iPhone 6 Plus. What a solid, well-resources tool! The 5th star for me comes when scrolling instead of e-reader style navigation gets integrated, and when multiple verse selection, copy and paste gets down to at most 3 steps instead of 6. It's my 100% go-to study aid on my iPhone.
Best I've Seen
This Bible app is truly the best I've tried. I first started using it on my Palm device many years ago. My only complaint is the highlighting. Most of the time, I only want to highlight just a word or phrase, but it will only highlight one verse or a section of verses. If they would change this, it would definitely get five stars from me!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 02, 2015
- Version: 3.4.0
- Size: 15.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Laridian, Inc.
- © 2015 by Craig Rairdin. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PocketBible Upgrade to Version 2 Feature Set$5.99
- New International Version (NIV)$11.99
- Ryan Voice for PocketBible$1.99
- Heather Voice for PocketBible$1.99
- New Living Translation, Second Edition (NLTse)$11.99
- New King James Version (NKJV)$11.99
- English Standard Version (ESV)$11.99
- The Message (MSG)$11.99
- Tracy Voice for PocketBible$1.99
- Amplified Bible (AMP)$17.99