ABBYY TextGrabber easily and quickly digitizes fragments of printed text, reads QR codes and turns the recognized result into actions: call, write, translate into 100+ languages online and into 10 languages offline, search in the Internet or on maps, create events on the calendar, edit, voice and share in any convenient way.
When you point a camera at printed text, TextGrabber instantly captures information and recognizes it without connecting to the Internet. A unique real-time recognition mode extracts information in 60+ languages not only from documents but from any surfaces.
***** Winner of SUPERSTAR Award in the "Mobile Productivity App", "Mobile Image Capture App" and “Text Input” categories in Mobile Star Awards
“TextGrabber is probably the best app which adds another function to your iPhone: a scanner”- The Irish Times
“The results get delivered relatively fast, which is great. A must-have for students” - appadvice.com
“The Best Image-to-Text App for iPhone” - lifehacker.com
• Real-Time Translation directly on the camera screen without taking photos into 100+ languages online (full-text translation) and 10 languages offline (word-by-word translation).
• Innovative Real-Time Recognition mode based on ABBYY RTR SDK technology will digitize printed text directly on the camera screen without taking photographs.
• Text recognition in 60+ languages, including Russian, English, German, Spanish, Greek, Turkish, Chinese and Korean, without an Internet connection.
• All links, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, postal addresses and dates after digitization become clickable: you can click on the link, phone, write email, find the address on the maps or add an event to the calendar.
• Siri shortcuts. To recognize last photo with Siri create Siri Shortcut in iPhone settings.
• QR code reader.
• Powerful text-to-speech capability with the VoiceOver system feature.
• Adjustable font sizes and audio prompts to assist visually impaired people: you can increase the font size and use sound prompts to interface elements.
• Share the results to any app installed on the device via the system menu.
• All extracted text is automatically backed up and can be easily found in the “History” folder
The free version is ad-supported and provides 3 text recognition and translation.
With ABBYY TextGrabber you can save and translate any printed text you need with a tap of your screen:
• Texts from TV screen or smartphone
• Labels and counters
• Travel documents
• Magazine articles and book fragments
• Manuals and instructions
• Recipe ingredients, etc.
OCR HINT: Please select the appropriate language (up to three at a time) before recognition
Premium Account auto-renewable subscription allows to use all functions of this app. Subscription length period is 1 month. The subscription is automatically renewed at the end of the period unless you choose to cancel the subscription at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. You can manage your subscription and switch off the auto-renewal by accessing your Account Settings after purchase. You cannot cancel the current subscription during the active subscription period. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited if you purchase a subscription to that publication.
ABBYY TEXTGRABBER IS THE FASTEST WAY TO DIGITIZE, TRANSLATE AND ACTION ANY PRINTED INFORMATION!
Please leave a review if you like ABBYY TextGrabber. Thank you!
+ Revamped translation technology: formatting and paragraphs in translated text are now the same as in the recognized text; translation quality has sufficiently improved and speed has increased. Everything works like magic!
The most important in previous releases:
+ iOS 12 and Siri Shortcuts support.
If you enjoy TextGrabber, would you mind taking a moment to write a review on the App Store? We’d greatly appreciate it.
Ratings and Reviews
Capturing printed words and magically morphing them into easy-to-edit digital text is TextGrabber’s bread and butter. But we love it nearly as much for the sci-fi cool factor of being able to instantly translate Italian restaurant menus, French fashion magazines, and Japanese graphic novels into our native language.
Really helpful it your right hand
Excellent excellent excellent.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your feedback and rating us high! It's a real pleasure! We will do everything in our power to deliver an even better customer experience. Have a nice day,
Super grabber except for ASL.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for a positive feedback! We are glad you are satisfied with our application. Regards,
- ABBYY USA Software House Inc
- 137.2 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017, ABBYY Production LLC.
- In-App Purchases
- Full-text translator $3.99
- Scan and Translate Monthly $1.99
- Premium languages $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.