Song for Miles
By Diverse Mobile, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
What is Soul Music? A Song for Miles takes children on a colorful and musical journey. Through the lyrics of soul songs by artists like Stevie Wonder, Earth, Wind, and Fire, and Marvin Gaye, children learn the meaning of determination, kindness, and love. A Song for Miles nurtures children's inquisitive nature and love of music and sounds, all while teaching valuable lessons and the importance of having good character.
A Song for Miles is compatible with school-based character education curriculum. The story creatively aligns with character traits such as initiative, compassion, civility, respect, empathy, responsibility, and perseverance. Character development is an integral part of raising respectful and happy children and A Song for Miles will appeal to parents as it creates a platform for values discussions. Children will enjoy the colorful pages while parents and music lovers will appreciate the musical content and paying tribute to their favorite soul music artists.
- The first Storybook Application on the AppStore that showcases Black soul music artists who shaped and influenced the music we listen to today.
- Read To Me/Read To Myself and Music On/Off functionality
- Interactive links to iTunes to purchase music from the artists listed in the book on the Acknowledgments page.
- Illustrated using digital inks and acrylics that pop off the screen taking full advantage of the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch resolution.
- Whimsical animations sure to please readers of all ages.
- Storybook application narrated by WCLK's on air personality Jamal Ahmad and scored by Hip Hop artist c'beyohn
I've been waiting for this for a long time. It exceeds my expectations. This app takes the power if your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch and turns it into a powerful, culturally relevant learning tool. It also happens to be a lot of fun and showcases amazing artist and music. If you have small children, it's a must have!
This app is one of a kind! I love how it grabs the attention of children and it tells a story using as black soul music artists. Kudos to author! This is great way for real music lovers to share the love of music with children.
If you love music, and want to share that passion with your children, then this app is a "must have".
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Released: Jun 01, 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 64.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Diverse Mobile, LLC
- © 2012 Tiffany Russell
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.