Turn your iPhone or iPad into a live kaleidoscope camera and capture beautiful images.
‟You'll find this app is a bit addictive.”
‟… seeing the world through kaleidoscope eyes, without any worrying side effects. The KaleidaCam iPhone app is a beautiful photo app to add to your collection.”
— The Next Web
‟… turns your iPhone into the looking glass of a kaleidoscope... kinda like if you were on drugs.”
— Gizmodo (The Week's Best iPhone Apps)
‟It’s still pretty amazing how the app sees ordinary objects. KaleidaCam stays on my iPhone after I write about it.”
— Life in Lofi
● Live kaleidoscope view of the world.
● Choose from 4 included kaleidoscope styles.
● Rich touch interaction allows you to rotate and zoom the kaleidoscope.
● Save and share high resolution kaleidoscope pictures.
● Load existing images from your library and see how they look through the lens of a kaleidoscope.
● Additional circle and spiral kaleidoscope styles available via in-app purchase.
Get in touch on Twitter @KaleidaCam and via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KaleidaCam 3.0 is now a universal app with full iPad support! This major release also includes an updated look and better integration with the latest version of iOS.
Ratings and Reviews
Better than Adobe Capture in some respects
Love the spirals! And being able to see the pattern directly instead of going through a couple of steps puts it ahead of Adobe Capture, I think. But to be truly useful, I'd like to see this app save patterns to my Adobe library so I can use them more readily in Photoshop. As it is, they're only JPEGs and I have to go through more steps to use them in my art. Nonetheless, it's MUCH more useful than most other Kaleidoscope apps.
Completely Replaces My Kaleidoscope
I have a kaleidoscope that I enjoy looking at a few times a year. Then I put it back where it sits on the shelf using up space. Now I just look through this app which gives me the same beautiful affects, but which uses no space in my home. This probably won't be your number one app, but it should absolutely be in your collection.
Mesmerizing and Fun!
Within about two minutes of using this app, I was in love! I spent the $.99 for the extra shapes almost immediately. You don’t need them, but they are so cool!
You can take pictures or use ones in your photo library—be sure to touch and turn the photos. You get even more shapes and it’s just fun to play with!
Just get it, you will love it!
- Brett Gibson
- 22.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-16 Brett Gibson
- In-App Purchases
- Spiral and Circle Kaleidoscope Pack! $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.