Skype for iPad
By Skype Communications S.a.r.l
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand.
Join over 300 million people every month using Skype
- Get started with Skype on your iPad and find your friends in an instant.
Call friends on Skype
- Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else who is on Skype and make HD quality video calls from your iPad 4.
Message friends and send photos in an instant
- Instant message your friends in a flash, add emoticons and even photos.
- Stay in touch with friends and family even when they're busy or offline with unlimited, free video messages.
Call mobiles and landlines
- Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline.
No WiFi? No problem.
- Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about.
Chat with anyone, anywhere
- Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple.
Search the app store for other great apps from Skype:
- Skype for iPhone
- Skype WiFi
• iOS 5 or above.
• Send and receive video using front or back camera on iPad 2, iPad 3rd Generation, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini.
• Works with any H264 compatible devices, including TVs.
What's New in Version 4.19
• General improvements
Hardly using it now
LONG STORY COMING UP: So about 2 years ago alot of my friends got skype so i did too. At that time, if you had skype literally you are a gem and we were using skype so much and it was awesome. But after a while, a friend of mine started using OOVOO. i didnt get oovoo since i just thought it was a rip off of skype. but i decided to get it after a month just so i can see. and now everyone that used skype is now using oovoo. now my friends and i are using oovoo just as much as we used skype back then. AND NOW HERE IS WHY: skype is getting really lazy i realise. on a mobile device you cant make groups unlike oovoo. Also if you send pictures on skype, IT IS SO STUPID LIKE IT TAKES LIKE 5 minutes just for it to loadand whatever then after that the person you are sending the photo to has to accept that photo before seeing it and then that takes like another. 5 minutes. also, you only have like 10 videos to send on skype and then thats it you have to get skype credit. And i realise that skype for mobile devices is verrry restrictive unless you have skype credit. and also skype for ipad didnt make an update for a LOOOOONG TIME NOW. So now my friends and i use oovoo cause all of the things i just said about skype oovoo actually does the opposite. and oovoos calls are much easier to manage and stuff. so skype is dieing and i literally dont use it at all now i might as well delete it. Thank you and have a nice day.
Great APP for making calls
Skype is easily recognizable with its blue and white colors and the letter S in the center of the APP logo. This is an extremely useful APP whose main function is for making calls to other Skype users with Wifi/internet connection. After installing Skype and adding friends and family as contacts, calls can be made straight away. To call landlines or send text messages, users need to buy Skype credit. Whether for first-time uses or loyal fans, Skype is a must-have APP.
I have known many young people in their twenties to other older adults who quickly pick up on how to make calls on Skype. What I like about the design is that users can upload pictures to their contact profile. It makes it easier to match a “face” to the user name. Regarding the content of Skype, I enjoy being able to send all kinds of emoticons along with written messages to my friends. It really adds a personal and creative touch. The innovative characteristic of the Skype APP for me is the video function. I love being able to see the other person’s face. Skype is an extremely popular APP. It is free to install and fabulous for saving money on making long-distance international calls.
Slow, buggy, and freezes all the time...
This app is useless unless you want to wait half an hour for your conversations to load every time you get a new message. It is constantly freezing up. When someone sends a message, I will receive a banner notification for it perfectly on cue, but if I try to actually go into the app to reply, it refuses to load, and who wants to wait forever to be able to reply to their messages? It's called "instant messaging" for a reason. And half the time, after I wait, it just crashes and starts the whole process over again. I have uninstalled/reinstalled twice and even updated my iPad to see if it would fix it, and it's the same. I used this app years ago, and it was nothing like this then, so I have to assume Microsoft is just getting too lazy to update their product. as someone who pays for Skype minutes every month, this is unacceptable. If it weren't for the fact that all my contacts are on Skype, I would have switched to a better IM a long time ago.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 17, 2014
- Version: 4.19
- Size: 31.4 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Skype Communications S.a.r.l
- © (c) 2003 - 2014 Skype Limited, Patents Pending. Skype, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" symbol are trade marks of Skype Limited
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- "Skype Credit" top-up$4.99