While we've received alot of great feedback about Banjo Companion, there were some complaints.
"In landscape mode the fretboard is backwards!", people complained.
"What about lefties?", several of you asked.
"How about European notation?"
"This isn't really a teaching app."
We've fixed a lot of these problems. The fretboard now turns the correct way on the iPad landscape. Lefty mode for Lefties. European and Japanese notations.
The "teaching app" part is more difficult. But we have come up with a couple of tools that we'd love you to check out:
* Patterns - learn scales up and down the neck, and cool ways to play them. These are almost like song idea generators. Seriously, randomly switch through a few, and see if you start to hear a song.
* Favorites - create songbooks. Jot down interesting chords (or scales) you're trying to remember.
We've also simplified the pricing. The All Access Pass gives you everything. Ad free, all the skins and beat packs, all the alternate tunings. And in the new Patterns feature, you'll see some "advanced" patterns - these are also included with the All Access Pass. And just think - if we can sell enough of these passes, we can make a living at it, and spend all day thinking about how to make YOU a better Banjo player. It's like... seeing into the future, and being awed at how good a Banjo player you've become. In the future, Banjo Companion keeps getting better and better, and you use it, like, all the time. Future You seems really happy. And your future self looks at you through the time portal, and happily shouts "It's worth it! The All Access Pass is totally worth it!"
And like before, there are some other features worth mentioning:
- Huge lists of chords and scales, and a ton of alternate tunings
- Zoom mode. See everything bigger.
- On the neck, display notes, intervals, finger positions
- Metronome and drum beats. Accompany thyself. (Beats go great with Patterns, by the way!)
- Manually strum the chords (and now scales), and hear how it's supposed to sound
- Skins. Several flavorful colors to choose from
- Tuner pegs. Simple. Effective. Within the mathematical reaches of our programmer.
Thanks for checking us out! We would love to hear what you think of Banjo Companion, and things you need that would make you a better Banjo Player.
Bringing everything up to latest SDKs
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app almost daily. It is easy to use and very helpful.
Huge list of tunings
Great resource to quickly look up scales and chords for dozens of banjo tunings
Where are the fret markers?
No fret markers on the fret board makes me think someone without banjo background wrote this. Where are the pentatonic scales? Also, it looks like all scales are single string without melodic based scales (Keith style).
- Infinaut Technologies, Inc
- 48.4 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011 Infinaut Technologies
- In-App Purchases
- All Tunings $3.99
- All Access Pass $9.99
- Ad Free $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.