By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Stay connected and share life as it happens with Google+ for iPhone and iPad.
- Follow what friends, family, and interesting people around the world are sharing
- Join communities to explore interests and find people with similar passions
- Automatically back up photos and videos at full resolution
- Bring photos to life with Auto Awesome, including animated GIFs, movies, stories and more
What's New in Version 4.7.1
- Google+ Stories automatically combine photos, videos, and the places you visit into beautiful trip summaries
- A new photo editor, including new filters and creative tools
- View total content views on profiles
- Support for reporting abusive communities
- Additional bug fixes and performance improvements
I left the book of faces because it was hurting my eyes and crushing my soul. Google plus is a very different social media experience, far easier to manage and more aesthetically pleasing.
My only qualm is that sometimes it emails digests to everyone in my circles (included in the posts), of "check out what you've been missing on Google plus." It sends people an email with posts shared with them and that makes me uncomfortable and not want to use it to write anything too personal. I use social networks so that my content is there when people choose to look at it not because I want to force people to see it. I recently changed some settings though so hopefully that fixed that problem.
Otherwise I really enjoy google plus and the layout on iPad is great!
Secure & User-Friendly
After having had a couple of social media snafus with the "other" popular apps, I have found Google+ to be easier to use, easier to secure, and easier to manage to whom and what I want to communicate!
I like that I can share information with students, family, friends and acquaintances in my own way...using whatever medium I choose and the information is presented logically.. It's not just a single storyline that follows a timeline!
Google+ is also linked up to Blogger, which I really enjoy using for projects and school activities. For my classes, when the school platform goes down, as it did during a couple of hurricanes, we relied on Blogger to continue classes and stay in touch.
So, this is an App I would recommend to friends and family, as well as educators who want to either stay in touch, or share info that extends learning beyond the class or uni-platform.
It's easy to use, and best of all you can edit after posting! Information is not permanently maintained in a platform that switches between public and private without notice with every update. Google+ is fluid. However, it is so easy to learn, easy to control, and easy to edit! For me, this means public or private on my terms!
Great app, but one bad flaw.
I love Google Plus more than any other social network and this is without a doubt the best way to use it on mobile. It's fast, sleek, incredibly well designed and easy to use...but it has one major flaw that I can't overlook. Sometimes the app won't notify me when it should. This may seem small, but if you're in a conversation with someone in the comments, then it can be a big problem, especially if you role play. You could go hours without knowing that person replied back unless you check the post manually. Again, great app, but until this bug is fixed, it gets a 3 out of 5. Come on Google, you're better than this to let a bug like this slip by.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 05, 2014
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 35.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.