By Jürgen Kaiser
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
VidBitCalc is the all-in-one app for video encoding calculations.
Whether you work as a professional compressionist or convert your home videos for Youtube, you will use VidBitCalc every day.
- A Bit Budget Calculator: Enter the available disc space, the video duration and the audio bit rate to calculate the appropriate video bit rate
- A File Size Calculator: Enter the duration and bit rates of your video and VidBitCalc calculates the resulting file size
- A Resolution Calculator: Enter the aspect ratio of your video and the desired with or height to calculate the proper resolution
- The unique BPP Calculator: Bits per pixel helps you to find the optimal bit rate for your video.*
- A Traffic Calculator: Enter the duration, bit rates and viewers of your stream and VidBitCalc calculates the needed bandwidth and resulting traffic.
* For web video encoded with modern codecs like h.264 a bits per pixel value around 0.1 should result in a fair quality. For DVD-Video or Blu-ray, bits per pixel values above 0.4 are quite common.
What's New in Version 2.0
- New user interface
- New logo
- Support for iPad, iPhone 6 und iPhone 6 plus
- Support for iOS 8
- Switchable decimal/binary modes (1000/1024)
- Traffic Calculator now calculates traffic and bandwidth
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jan 08, 2015
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 0.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jurgen Kaiser
- © 2011-2014 Jürgen Kaiser
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.