By Richard Wolton
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Zoom and spin your way around the world with this fully immersive 3D Earthquake display app. Earthquake 3D uses animated graphics to show you the "big picture" and visualize large amounts of Earthquake data quickly and easily. Go where no seismogram has gone before with a fascinating and mesmerizing look at the world's Earthquakes.
- Eight different Earth display types that include population and tectonic plate maps.
- Four different custom view 'presets'.
- Solid and wire frame 3D views with transparent Earth ability.
- A Sequencer that shows Earthquakes as they occurred using animation loops.
- Control Speed, Decay, and Sound of Earthquake sequencer loops.
- Includes 4000+ years of Historic Earthquake information.
- Data from USGS, European EMSC, British Geological Survey, and New Zealand Geonet.
- Includes DEX depth visualization.
- Individual quake indicator 'flags' that show magnitude or depth.
- Tap on individual indicator 'flags' to show details for each Earthquake.
- Earthquake details include Local Maps, Local News, and Advanced Seismic Information.
- Can import up to four external Earth images that are supplied by the user.
- Uses "point and drag" to position and spin the Earth. Uses "pinching" for zoom.
- Filter Earthquakes by magnitude and age with slider controls.
- Earthquake angle indicators.
- Retina enabled.
- And much more...
In addition to providing several 'live' sources of current Earthquake information, an Atlas database is also included. The Atlas database shows over 4000 years of Historic Earthquake information. This database (updated periodically) is built-in to Earthquake 3D and is available even when you are off-line.
This edition of Earthquake 3D represents a third generation of this very popular computer program. Started in 2003 as a desktop application, it has become a widely adopted standard for video presentations and visualizations of Earthquake information. This latest edition brings new features and updates to this modern classic. Whether you are exploring the geo sciences, or you just want to find out if you felt that last quake, this app will keep you up to date with the latest Earthquake information.
What's New in Version 3.62
Map Details restored for iOS 7
Graphics are vivid and present an incredibly clear image of seismic activity that is updated about once ever 2 minutes. The tools provided allows anyone without an education in seismology a very novel introduction into understanding what occurs during any seismic activity and further why it occurs. The knowledge base that the app doesn't cover is linked out to the best sites with in depth information that updates and as well as educates. For y own interests, I use this app about as much as I check email. What interests me is not just the large quakes but watchingthe continuum of seismic activity unfold around the globe. When there is anything significant there is also a news optional link that will take you to the page that covers the quake updates for that area. Again, to me, it is the best app of its kind and a lure to novelly educate even people that haven't previously had an interest in earthquake activity.
Works great love the different global views!
This app doesn’t even work… Don’t buy!!!
- Category: News
- Updated: Jan 12, 2014
- Version: 3.62
- Size: 8.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Richard Wolton
- © 2014 Richard Wolton
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.