By Richard Wolton
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Zoom and spin your way around the world with this fully immersive 3D Earthquake display app. Earthquake 3D uses animated graphics to show you the "big picture" and visualize large amounts of Earthquake data quickly and easily. Go where no seismogram has gone before with a fascinating and mesmerizing look at the world's Earthquakes.
- Eight different Earth display types that include population and tectonic plate maps.
- Four different custom view 'presets'.
- Solid and wire frame 3D views with transparent Earth ability.
- A Sequencer that shows Earthquakes as they occurred using animation loops.
- Control Speed, Decay, and Sound of Earthquake sequencer loops.
- Includes 4000+ years of Historic Earthquake information.
- Data from USGS, European EMSC, British Geological Survey, and New Zealand Geonet.
- Includes DEX depth visualization.
- Individual quake indicator 'flags' that show magnitude or depth.
- Tap on individual indicator 'flags' to show details for each Earthquake.
- Earthquake details include Local Maps, Local News, and Advanced Seismic Information.
- Can import up to four external Earth images that are supplied by the user.
- Uses "point and drag" to position and spin the Earth. Uses "pinching" for zoom.
- Filter Earthquakes by magnitude and age with slider controls.
- Earthquake angle indicators.
- Retina enabled.
- And much more...
In addition to providing several 'live' sources of current Earthquake information, an Atlas database is also included. The Atlas database shows over 4000 years of Historic Earthquake information. This database (updated periodically) is built-in to Earthquake 3D and is available even when you are off-line.
This edition of Earthquake 3D represents a third generation of this very popular computer program. Started in 2003 as a desktop application, it has become a widely adopted standard for video presentations and visualizations of Earthquake information. This latest edition brings new features and updates to this modern classic. Whether you are exploring the geo sciences, or you just want to find out if you felt that last quake, this app will keep you up to date with the latest Earthquake information.
What's New in Version 3.70
Updated to include the latest USGS format changes.
Good idea horrible implementation
The concept is awesome but from pictures and description I was expecting something much closer to google earth as far as globe interaction. The globe is just a low rez image, you get NO detail if you zoom in. For a $7 app I'm beyond horribly disappointed. Overlaying the EQ data over an actual interactive map would have been worth the price, I will delete this app & ask for a refund. On the surface it's cool but after 45 seconds buyers remorse set in. Wish there was NEGATIVE stars to rate this app with.
Just change the Data Feed to EMSC and it works FINE!!
The app is working now totally and perfectly. Playing with the settings let me set up really cool looking displays - I love the quake animated sequencing. This app rocks. No better earthquake monitoring app in the store.
- Category: News
- Updated: Jun 13, 2015
- Version: 3.70
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Richard Wolton
- © 2015 Richard Wolton
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.11 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.