48 Hours for iPad
By CBS Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get the free 48 Hours App on your iPad. A perfect companion to television's most popular true-crime series, the free app delivers the current week's show for 1 week after it airs and extra video clips not included in the on-air broadcast. *NEW in v2.1* The free download now also includes a new section dedicated to True Crime news stories from Crimesider.com
To dig deeper into the mysteries, subscribe to 48 Hours for iPad and get unprecedented access to full episodes from the 2013-2014 season, the complete show archives all the way back to 2005 and 48 Classic episodes from the show's 26 year history!
The annual subscription price is just $4.99* and includes these special features:
• Enjoy on-demand access to full episodes from the current season
• Search or browse the archive of episodes dating back to 2005
• Enjoy 48 Classic episodes from the show's 25 year history
• View previews of upcoming shows
• Access written transcripts of each episode
• View photo galleries related to the crimes
• Video extras include footage, evidence and interviews not available on-air
• Share your reactions to each episode with your friends and followers on Facebook, Twitter or via email.
With the 48 Hours App for iPad, missing even a single episode would be a CRIME!
*Your 1 year (annual) subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged $4.99 for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period.
What's New in Version 2.1
• There is now a BRAND NEW section dedicated to true crime reporting from CRIMESIDER.com!
I enjoy the app & subscription
48 hours is the best produced and researched news hour out there. Especially impressive are the "follow-up" episodes, with the same host, sometimes years after the original episode aired ---proving that once the 48 Hours news team covers a case they don't let it go; they care about the victims and their loved ones enough to follow them over the years, and to do an update episode on the tragedy if there are new developments or a resolution. Very impressive.
My work has required long periods of time without television access, and to be able to stream past 48 Hour shows in HD on my iPad, is a pleasure (odd to use that word, but 48 hour episodes are so well written, edited, and researched, there is no better word).
This is a great app, especially with with the $4.99 annual subscription and archival access to shows from past years .
By the way, I have not had a single crash since I downloaded the app. three weeks ago.
Just a couple concerns, though:
1) I'm not clear what I will be getting when my 48 hours subscription "automatically renews" in a year (unless cancelled). What if I've already exhausted the archival episodes available now? Will there be deeper/older archives?
2) I would love some kind update that could "remember" where I am in an episode if I have to leave the app or shut off my iPad in the middle of a show. Right now, the app sends me back to the beginning of the episode.
WAS my favorite!
UPDATE: So you fixed it after my last complaint, which was great, and it worked for a few weeks, and now here we go again! What gives? I certainly am not going to keep paying for this when you don't care to keep it working for your paying customers! Same error everyone reported from before! No response from the server...get it together, this is crazy for a paid app! If I could give this 0 stars right now I would! This should be an app that has thousands of downloads, or more..instead, you have under 400..makes you wonder how many more you'd have if it worked right!
(Old review follows)
I'm disabled and because of that, I'm unable to do much...watching crime shows became "thing to do", and 48 Hours quickly became my favorite show..this is the ONLY app I was willing to pay for, and now, since the latest update, it doesn't even work! Where's my refund?! If you're not going to bother fixing it I want my money back...pretty disappointed that you'd let this great app fall apart like this....
Best App ever!
Okay, so there was a problem with this app for awhile. I think the current program didn't mesh with the iPad updates or something, so it affected everyone at different times. I didn't update my iPad to the newest version until later than most, and that's when my 48 Hours app stopped "connecting to the server".
I immediately contacted the 48 Hours tech team through Facebook, and they had the problem fixed within a week - AND I received frequent (personal message) updates from the team, letting me know that they were working hard to resolve the problem. Now THAT is personal service!
I love this app. It's user-friendly and fun to navigate. Having access to the archived shows is awesome! And best of all, I never miss a new show! Thanks 48 Hours, you guys ROCK!!
- Category: News
- Updated: Feb 19, 2014
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 63.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CBS Mobile
- © 2012
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- 48 Hours Full Episodes Subscription$4.99