Goings On: The New Yorker
By Condé Nast Digital
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GOINGS ON is a guide to the best of New York City’s cultural life, from the editors of The New Yorker.
FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS:
• Events: Browse listings by category—movies, art, night life, theatre, dance, classical music, readings, and more.
• The New Yorker Picks: Recommendations from the critics and editors who set the standard for cultural coverage.
• Food & Drink: Reviews of restaurants and bars in Tables for Two and Bar Tab.
• Excursions: New Yorker writers share some of their favorite places in the city.
• Audio tours: Joan Acocella investigates all manner of vegetables at the Union Square Greenmarket; Emily Nussbaum guides you through her favorite TV locations in Brooklyn; Alex Ross leads a magical mystery tour of the Upper West Side’s music history; Sarah Larson visits some of her favorite drinking spots; Calvin Trillin eats in and around Chinatown.
• By Neighborhood: What’s happening in different parts of town.
• Nearby: An interactive map of events, restaurants, and bars in your vicinity.
• Favorites: Add event listings and recommendations to your own Favorites list.
• @GOINGSON: Keep up with the latest in culture, via Twitter.
• Save events to your phone's calendar.
• Share listings and recommendations with your friends via e-mail and social media.
ABOUT THE NEW YORKER
The New Yorker offers a signature mix of reporting and commentary on politics, international affairs, and the arts, along with fiction, poetry, humor, and cartoons. Founded in 1925, The New Yorker has set the standard for reporting and cultural coverage, and has received more National Magazine Awards than any other magazine. In 2016, The New Yorker became the first magazine to win a Pulitzer Prize for its writing, bringing home two awards that year.
What's New in Version 4.5.1
• Bug fixes.
Good app. Favourites do not work
A very good and clear app to find out what to do in New York on a variety of topics.
I did not rate higher because the very useful "Favourite" function does NOT work: your favourites get replaced by generic suggestions, and your own are deleted. That's really too bad. It's hard to have to re-find everything one likes in the mass of activities. Please fix this.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 10, 2017
- Version: 4.5.1
- Size: 52.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: CondeNet
- © 2017 Condé Nast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.