Goings On: The New Yorker
By The New Yorker
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GOINGS ON is a guide to the best of New York City’s cultural life, from the editors of The New Yorker.
FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS:
• Events: Browse listings by category—movies, art, night life, theatre, dance, classical music, readings, and more.
• The New Yorker Picks: Recommendations from the critics and editors who set the standard for cultural coverage.
• Food & Drink: Reviews of restaurants and bars in Tables for Two and Bar Tab.
• Excursions: New Yorker writers share some of their favorite places in the city.
• Audio tours: Joan Acocella investigates all manner of vegetables at the Union Square Greenmarket; Emily Nussbaum guides you through her favorite TV locations in Brooklyn; Alex Ross leads a magical mystery tour of the Upper West Side’s music history; Sarah Larson visits some of her favorite drinking spots; Calvin Trillin eats in and around Chinatown.
• By Neighborhood: What’s happening in different parts of town.
• Nearby: An interactive map of events, restaurants, and bars in your vicinity.
• Favorites: Add event listings and recommendations to your own Favorites list.
• @GOINGSON: Keep up with the latest in culture, via Twitter.
• Save events to your phone's calendar.
• Share listings and recommendations with your friends via e-mail and social media.
ABOUT THE NEW YORKER
The New Yorker offers a signature mix of reporting and commentary on politics, international affairs, and the arts, along with fiction, poetry, humor, and cartoons. Founded in 1925, The New Yorker has set the standard for reporting and cultural coverage, and has received more National Magazine Awards than any other magazine. In 2016, The New Yorker became the first magazine to win a Pulitzer Prize for its writing, bringing home two awards that year.
What's New in Version 4.5.0
• Enhanced design makes for easier browsing.
• Faster loading allows for less waiting and better viewing.
• Bug fixes keep the listings super fresh.
Know the goings on
This is a great app. I regularly use it to decide what to do in my area on a given night. I often recommend it to people, particularly those who feel "overwhelmed" but the options in New York or don't know where to look for information and reviews.
My one suggestion which prevents me from giving a perfect rating - please color code the map! If the pins for restaurants, concerts, theater, art galleries, etc., were each a different color, it would allow the user to quickly narrow in on their interest, instead of having to click through a bunch of restaurants before finding a show.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 01, 2016
- Version: 4.5.0
- Size: 47.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: The New Yorker
- © 2016 Condé Nast
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.4 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.