By eVeek, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enter the gloomy world of DEO. Put your tapping skills to the test as you travel the serenity of space to create life and revive hope as you jump through 96 challenging levels requiring courage, skill and precision. Stylistically distinct, DEO features hours of immersive gameplay, challenging physics-based jumping, and a visually stunning art style.
Your goal is to jump to each hill of a rotating level to capture it. Complete each level successfully to build a planet on the main menu. The less you die in each level the more plants and life your planet will produce. From this fundamental balance, DEO leads the player through ambient backgrounds, deep artistic scapes and breathtaking visuals with a look that seems to combine dark, distressed and organic art.
“…DEO looks set to be a pleasingly creative take on the platform puzzler genre.” – Game Pro
“If you enjoy creative, artistic games which evoke a real atmosphere and mood, then check this out.” – Touch Arcade
“I fully enjoyed every second of it.” 9/10 – InfiniPixel
“If you’re looking for a strikingly unique physics puzzler that will challenge even the most skilled of gamers, DEO is worth checking out.” 4/5 – AppAdvice
“DEO delivers all the basics of a platformer, but polishes them and awakens the experience with unparalleled visuals and sound. Visually, DEO is among the most striking titles I’ve seen in years.” 4.5/5 – Digitally Downloaded
“Fans of both platformers and aesthetically pleasing games would do well to explore DEO.” 4/5 – 148Apps
“DEO does a remarkable job serving up a platforming experience that’s unique, challenging, and surprisingly intuitive.” 4/5 – iFanZine
- 2 vast worlds, 90 challenging levels + 6 bonus levels
- Immersive main menu and gameplay
- Perform epic jumps and skillful landings
- Intuitive tap anywhere controls
- Surreal art design
- Retina display supported
- Jump on each hill to capture the land pieces for your planet
- Tap anywhere on the screen to jump
- Hold your tap before letting go to make DEO jump further
Great, But Could Be Amazing
There are three minor issues regarding this game. If they are fixed, I can easily say that it would be better than Angry Birds, Cut the Rope, Fruit Ninja, etc.
1. Most important, the developers need to keep up on the game and make new levels free. I don't expect a new level set each week, but I don't think a new one each month is unreasonable. In addition, if the developers need extra money, please don't make DLC regarding levels. Making costume packs (i.e. blue character, space theme, etc.) for money, that's fine because it does not affect gameplay amount.
2. Freeze button needs a restart button. I have no clue why there isn't one there, especially considering the fact that there is a motive to pass a level set without dying much. The restart should simply take you back to the beginning of the 3 part set rather than having to go to the menu and back.
3. It could just be me, but I feel as though the jumps are not consistant. Sometimes I hold down for a while and my jump is a dud, and sometimes I barely hold down and I rocket off screen. However, I do realize this is a new app and I am perfectly fine with the developers taking their time to perfect the game mechanics.
Overall, I like the game a lot the way it is. Simple, yet unique, addicting, and visually pleasing.
Brilliant art direction and addictive gameplay
What strikes me as unique at first with DEO, is the art direction, and since I appreciate beautiful visuals and creativity, I bought without thinking much about the gameplay. Well, little did I know, DEO offers a unique gameplay mechanism and its addictive as well.
The art in DEO is visually appealing, as it uses heavy brush strokes that is far from your typical clean look of the other iOS games. Reminds me a bit of Street Fighter IV's Sumi-e ink influence. There is a definite dark theme in DEO but coupled with the calming background music, it is quite a relaxing experience for me. Also, there are no buttons whatsoever, except for a small help button, which makes it easier to appreciate the artwork.
So, what about the unique gameplay mechanism I mentioned? DEO just uses taps. You have to maneuver the character by jumping on green platforms and ending on a red platform. You tap to control the power of your jump, and once you're satisfied you release your finger. Sounds simple, but its quite challenging, as the difficulty increases exponentially. Did I say the gameplay is addictive?
DEO is a pleasant experience for me, great to relax your mind with the aural and visual experience it offers. Recommended.
Strap this one to a meteor, DEO is a stellar experience!
I love the atmosphere and simplicity. I find it very meditative to play, and fun to pick up in small chunks and beat slowly. I almost never ever play a game with sound on, but I enjoy playing DEO with sound since the music and sound effects are so soothing and calming.
I keep putting it down and then coming back to it in a couple hours, finding that I need another DEO fix and want to feel the calm tranquility of the game. Overall, it's an outstanding and challenging game with great artwork and a cool ambiance. For a single button game, it's one of the best I've ever played! Well worth .99!
- Category: Games
- Released: Aug 18, 2011
- Version: 1.00
- Size: 68.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: eVeek, LLC
- © Strapped to a Meteor™ 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.