By Uppercut Games Pty Limited
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
EPOCH - Post-apocalyptic Robot Combat
Featured as "Game of the Week" on the App Store!
* IGN.COM - "iOS cover shooting done right".
* TOUCHARCADE.COM - "Cover never felt so awesome"
* SLIDETOPLAY.COM - "Combine the gorgeous look with the superbly tuned touch-screen controls and high level of replayability, and result is a great and unique iOS action game ..."
* GIZMODO.CO.UK - "EPOCH is the new cover-shooter king by several circuit-boards."
* POCKETGAMER.CO.UK - "re-imagining the genre completely for the touchscreen"
* APPOLICIOUS.COM - "It's an absolutely gorgeous game with fast paced visceral combat that keeps you on your toes, and it even has an interesting story thrown in the mix."
* GAMEPRO.COM - "...the game is an Unreal Engine-powered visual tour-de-force that is sure to impress both you and your friends."
UNRAVEL THE MYSTERY
Follow the echoes of a lost civilization in a visually-stunning post-apocalyptic world where only robots survive to fight a never-ending war. Fight towards your goal and piece together the fragments to reveal exactly what happened when the old world ended. Is this the dawn of a new Epoch? And how can you find the one person you were originally assigned to protect?
CHOREOGRAPH THE ACTION
Control your character with intuitive finger swipes. Make split-second tactical decisions, take cover, select targets, dodge incoming fire, utilize special abilities, and launch countermeasures!
DESTROY, SALVAGE AND UPGRADE
Battle escalating waves of robots in arena-style combat, and upgrade yourself with pieces torn from your fallen enemies! Configure your robot with dozens of weapons, armors, boosters and counters.
IMMERSIVE SINGLE-PLAYER CAMPAIGN
Fight in multiple locations across a vast and ravaged city, and gather fragments of the past with logs from a cast of characters, each with their own perspective on the apocalyptic events that destroyed a once-proud civilization.
STUNNING AAA VISUALS
Utilize the enhanced visual capabilities of the iPhone4S and iPad 2 with high-resolution graphics powered by the UnrealEngine, the same engine used to create the visuals of the award winning Infinity Blade.
About Uppercut Games
Uppercut Games is an independent game studio whose founders have a long development history, working on award winning games such as Bioshock, Tribes: Vengeance, Freedom Force and Fallout: Tactics.
What's New in Version 1.5.3
Updated for compatibility with 64 Bit iOS
Pretty, but far too short
When you play this game for the first time, all difficulties besides "Easy" are locked. On "Easy," almost every level in this game is a cakewalk, with the exception of the actually-somewhat-challenging final boss.
Then, when you beat the game, all the other difficulties are unlocked. Now, you can play the exact same levels you just breezed through, except presumably harder. I say "presumably," because after a d*** move like that, I'm not touching this again.
The sad part is that there are still a lot of collectible in-game logs to find on higher difficulties, and they're actually entertaining to read. But they're not worth playing the game itself. In retrospect, maybe the developers should have asked themselves whether, out of all the game mechanics the App Store sorely lacks, "cover shooting" was the one that desperately needed to be adapted.
The developers really care about this game. The game is pretty old but they decided to port it to 64-Bit anyways. They are active on Twitter and will reply to questions and comments tweeted to them.
Best game on tablet people need this in there life
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 16, 2017
- Version: 1.5.3
- Size: 266 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Uppercut Games Pty Limited
- © 2011 Uppercut Games Pty Ltd
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Double Credits$1.99