Instantly connect with the people in your life. Messenger is free, fast, and secure.
- Reach anyone. You can use names or phone numbers to find friends.
- Use everywhere. Messenger works across all mobile and desktop devices. You can even connect with people internationally!
- Connect however you want. Send a text message, share a photo, or start a video chat — all in Messenger.
- Communicate better with groups. Catch up in real time with high quality group video chat or customize your messaging experience with colors, nicknames, and group photos.
- Call and video chat your friends 1:1 or in groups. It's free over Wi-Fi (otherwise standard data charges apply), so talk as long as you want, even with people in other countries.
- Express yourself. Send emojis, stickers, and GIFs to conversations or add new masks and effects to your video chats.
- Capture photos and videos with fun art and effects. You can save these to camera roll, send to conversations, or post to your Day, a place where people can see what you're up to.
- Play games and compete with your friends. You can compare scores and see how you rank against other people.
- Chat with businesses. You can make reservations, check on orders, and get real-time customer service.
We update the app regularly so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all of the available Messenger features. This version includes several bug fixes and performance improvements. Thanks for using Messenger!
Ratings and Reviews
This is great, but....
Look, people need privacy. If I want to check my messages without people knowing I’m online doing so... I should be able to. I love this app because I can talk to everyone and sometimes even see who is online, but sometimes you don’t want people to know you are on. Let’s say you were specifically checking messages from one person and get bombarded with messages from others in your contact list. Yes, I very much intend to answer them all and delayed gratification is a learned thing that we should all have, but if you only have a second to check one message or are just downright tired and not able to have full out conversations with friends it would be nice to have an option to sign in incognito or only turn on your availability when you are legitimately available for long conversations. I don’t want to feel as though I need to check my phone every time it dings. Yes, I understand I can turn off notifications, but the app hates this and bugs the crap out of you until you do turn them on.
Please fix this. I honestly love the capability of being able to talk to all the people I love, but I hate the pressure of constant communication. It is stressful and unhealthy for all to feel as though you need to be in constant contact with hundreds of thousands of people. I’m currently deleting and re-downloading the app just to deal with this issue.
THINGS NEEDED TO BE FIXED/ADDED
•If there's anything that you could do, even just one thing, is this-FIX THE VOLUME PROBLEM. I'm tired of not being able to adjust my volume during a video call. Sometimes it's too loud, even when I try to adjust the volume down, it says it's at the minimum but the loudness doesn't change. Sometimes it's too quiet, so I try to turn it up and when I push the up button for the volume, it shows like I'm turning it up, but nothing actually happens to the loudness. This is really annoying me. Fix it ASAP please.
•Another thing with volume-I'm not sure if this is something you can fix or only Apple can fix, but whenever I video call someone, the volume of everything else gets lowered WAY down. I can't watch any videos that my boyfriend tags me in while we're calling because I can barely even hear anything, and that's only when I'm wearing headphones. It's much worse without them. I'm not sure if you can do anything about this, but I hope you can.
•Something you could consider adding is multiple notification sounds, PLEASE?? I hate when I hear the messenger sound and it ends up being someone else's phone. Maybe a bit more customization too? Like adding a picture to a chat background, or at least setting out some for us to choose from. Or maybe more chat colors would be nice. Things of that nature.
I hope you guys see this!!
I like it but...
It’s a good app, I use it daily to chat with friends. With the update that was released yesterday (6/22) it has stopped from deleting messages. It will say they are deleted but they stay there the entire time, they obviously are not deleted when the other person replies about that message. What if you’re in an argument and send something you don’t mean, then think let’s get rid of that because that’s too much, but it will not delete, causing a bigger problem. Things to add would include adding a seconds from activity thing, if someone is texting someone else then it will read “Active 1m ago” but if they actually just went offline it will also say “Active 1m ago.” To help people with anxiety like mine, make it so if they just went offline that it says “1 second ago” And should build up as seconds pass. Another thing is that if you’re left on read, if the person leaves you on read, but if they go back online on messenger or Facebook, a notification or reminder that the message was sent should be there, that or if they don’t reply on messenger then keep it there as if they never replied and take it off when they do. This is to stop people from forgetting about things and if people get tired of it then they can turn on “Mute Notifications.” Just some ideas and fixes.
- Facebook, Inc.
- 232.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Facebook, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.