Pact: Earn Cash for Living Healthy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pact is the most effective way to finally keep your healthy resolutions this year. Earn cash for living healthy, paid by members who don’t.
- Set your exercise and healthy eating goals each week
- Manage how much money is on the line
- Check in to the gym, or track workouts via GPS and accelerometer
- Snap photos of your meals and verify others’ photos
- Connect with RunKeeper, Fitbit, Jawbone Up, MapMyRun, MyFitnessPal or any of our partner apps
- Get notified of your earnings each week!
Pact’s proven incentives have helped our members hit over 92% of their goals, resulting in over 5 million healthy activities. As seen on the New York Times, CNBC, Techcrunch, CBS This Morning and more.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.1.0
- Connect with your friends to see a more personalized social feed
- New invite screen for Facebook friends and contacts
- Partner apps page has sync information and buttons
- New PayPal authentication
- Fixed crash for iOS 6 profile sharing
- Fixed incorrect iTunes rating link from settings for iOS 7
- MapMyFitness name is displayed correctly in workouts list
Not worth the trouble
WHY, oh why does this not support Nike + as a means of tracking my workout? Completely irritating. I would like to be able to count treadmill workouts as real live workouts but I don't belong to a gym and my garage doesn't count as a gym, so obviously integrating a means of tracking that is verifiable without me having to buy a new product would be great. The fruits and veggies works for the most part, although my 100% pure fruit Naked juice didn't count one day b/c users in the community decided it wasn't a fruit. It is, but once the community votes it down you cannot dispute. The meal tracking is fine, although myfitnesspal has been buggy since I linked it to this app. That's for another review though.
In summary, after I finish my commitments for this week, I will be deleting my account. There are too many stipulations that just don't work for me. I can track my diet just fine and I don't like being penalized for not reaching workout goals that I am absolutely reaching.
App won't open!
I'm relieved to know I'm not the only one who can't open the app. Ever since running the most recent update, I can't access Pact at all on my phone. It just keeps crashing, leaving me unable to log my workouts and veggies. I have $65 on the line at this point, this is the last day of my Pact, and I have sent a frantic support request about the situation. I've actually had fairly positive interactions with the support team in the past, and am hoping that means this will be resolved without drama. However, if $65 gets erroneously withdrawn from my account over this, I'll be done with Pact permanently. Such a shame that such a cool idea & promising app is executing so poorly :/
It's a great app to help motivate for better lifestyle. Room for improvement includes
-adding more options for exercise pacts (for example....nike fuel is not supported)
-clarify the gym check ins (the 24 hour fitness do not always have the branch you are at so you have options that all read 24 hour fitness and it's hard to know which one is the right one)
-make it functional even when there is no internet connection
-allow for more options in food logging
-fix some of the bugs associated with uploading pictures
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Apr 04, 2014
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 38.1 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Geoffrey Oberhofer
- © Pact, Inc. 2014
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.