NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
A simple yet powerful weather app that combines science with simplicity for viewing real-time animated weather radar images in vivid color on a highly responsive interactive map.
NOAA Hi-Def Radar Pro has been updated for iOS 10 and beyond. With this major update comes a sleek new design, new radar, and new weather map options.
New hi-definition radar provides stunning precipitation detail. See freezing rain (pink) areas of radar so you know where hazardous road conditions are likely.
New Layers on the weather map let you see recent weather activity from the last 6 to 12 hours.
• Clouds & Radar together
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
Alerts on the weather map let you see severe weather warning boxes where dangerous weather is happening.
• Tornadoes and Thunderstorm watches and warnings
• Flood watches and warnings
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Hurricane and Tropical Storm watches and warnings
• Storm Tracks with detailed storm information (requires Future Weather in-app subscription)
• Winter storm watches and warnings
• Marine and coastal alerts
• Earthquakes over the last 48 hours
Enhance your app with a Future Weather auto-renewing subscription for purchase within the app for $0.99/month. Future Weather lets you see:
• Radar up to 6 hours in the future
• Temperature Forecast map up to 12 hours in the future
Please note the following about Future Weather's auto-renewing subscription:
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
Additional features include:
• Install and go, no complex setup.
• Select opacity of radar images for your preference.
• Near real-time, shows the latest radar images within minutes of being gathered.
• Sharp radar images even on retina displays that show the latest radar images within minutes.
• Get detailed and trustworthy forecasts for all your locations.
• Check the current weather and forecast for any point on the map.
• Show your GPS position, direction of travel and elevation on the map when enabled.
• Bookmark multiple locations for fast and easy access to your favorite places.
• Current conditions, hourly and five-day forecasts alongside detailed weather information, including pressure readings for all your locations.
• Today widget for iOS that shows current radar map and current conditions for your current location, all without having to unlock your iPhone or iPad.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.4
What’s new in version 3.4:
• Improvement to the Forgot Password Reset mechanism to make it quicker and easier for you to manage if you’ve forgotten your app account password.
We hope you enjoy the improvements!
From version 3.3.2:
• Improvement to help make Lightning strikes appear faster on the map.
From version 3.3.1:
• Bug fixes for app crashes happening to some users.
From version 3.3:
1) Lightning Strikes on the map are back!
• In the Layers “Alerts” section, tap the new Lightning button to see Lightning Strikes within 150 miles of that location.
2) Landscape mode for iPhone is back!
• Enjoy viewing the Radar map full-screen in both Landscape and Portrait views, just like in the old app.
3) Fire Weather alerts layer is back!
• In the Layers “Alerts” section, tap the new “Other” button to view Fire Weather, Wind, Heat, and other misc. alerts.
4) New option to customize the time format for the Radar loop.
• In Settings > Advanced, display Relative time just like in the old app (e.g. “XX minutes ago”).
5) Redesiged the Layers and Alerts screen so map options are easier to see and select.
6) The “Tropical Tracks” button was renamed to “Hurricane Tracks” so it’s more obvious how to see Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks.
7) Saving a new location is easier. The app now lets you refine the pin’s location before you save it.
November 9 - this app that was so good is still not even average now after several months. This AM with heavy rain in our area, the radar loop is 15 minutes instead of an hour. That really helps one to get a feel for how the storm is moving. I suppose that the hour loop is only available when it’s not raining. Has anyone on this thread got suggestions for a better service? I’m ready to switch.
Wish I'd read the reviews before I updated. This is horrible. Don't remember what I paid, but will never upgrade after this treatment. Will now look for an alternative.
EDIT - Well, the update helped a little but this app is a sorry shell of what it was. The map and radar returns have a different feel. The radar colors exaggerate the rain intensity just like WC and AW, which is one reason I had preferred this app. I also liked the slider feature so you could easily see a storm's progress. No more of that. I also liked the storm track predictors and the warning info which seems to have disappeared. When I leave the app and come back, I have to hit pause and then play to put the radar in motion again. I not the $.99 per month upgrade, but if it is derivative of the current app, no thanks. I would however consider subscribing if I could get the old app back. Even with the update, this is one of the worst rollouts ever.
Still horrible. Do not buy this app.
I see the developer keeps issuing the same thing saying they are sorry we are not happy with the app. I don’t believe it. They are sorry they got a low rating now and are trying to get a good one back. They keep saying they had to rebuild it from the ground up. I can see that due to apple software changing. But that’s not what has everyone mad. We want what we had back and we wanted it to look and work the same way. Surely the developers could’ve handled that. But they didn’t. They got greedy and tried to charge us more money. They when we didn’t pay and started to give bad reviews they decided to try to pacify us. Well that didn’t work. I don’t think there is anything short of completely redoing the app to make it look and function exactly like it did before will ever get you back close to where you were. Even then I don’t see that happening. The way we were treated was unacceptable. This is a perfect example of how great capitalism works. If the costumers are mistreated we have the option to complain and do something about it.
Improved although not nearly as good as original!
Developer seems to be trying to fix the fiasco created when the old app was completely redesigned. I’m more willing to give it a better rating although it is not close to a five star app yet. The app is very sluggish requiring two touches to get location or show storm activity. It is very slow to load. What is strange is that I have a companion app, Weather alert, that was just upgraded and it works faster. Why? Still I’m reluctantly giving this one 3 stars for now.
What was the best combination radar/weather app is now just another poorly done app. Storm direction arrow are gone unless you buy a subscription. Hurricane weather and tracks are gone. Weather camera is gone. 90% of the flexibility is gone. All the features of this app are available for free in multiple weather radar apps. I bought the original pro version and feel cheated. From best to terrible in one update.
This is the one app I use every single day to check approaching storms, weather forecasts for any point on the map and now with hurricane season in full swing, hurricane tracking. It is accurate, always works, and the developers are always adding new features. I don't take time to review many apps but this one is just too good not to pass the word. The only thing I wish for on this one is audible alerts of approaching severe weather. Best of the best!
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Oct 09, 2017
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 34.0 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: WeatherSphere
- © 2017 WeatherSphere
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Future Weather$0.99